Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 09:53   #10126
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Even I am planning to buy it from PayTm but still skeptical whether I'll get the warranty or not.
Don't worry. You will get the warranty.
I bought iPhone 7 256gb from Paytm last month.
I verified with apple the very next week of purchase about warranty.
They checked the serial no. and confirmed that i have official apple india warranty.
Old 14th June 2017, 11:15   #10127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Don't worry. You will get the warranty.
I bought iPhone 7 256gb from Paytm last month.
I verified with apple the very next week of purchase about warranty.
They checked the serial no. and confirmed that i have official apple india warranty.
Wow that's a relief.
Will go ahead and buy it from PayTm itself because iPhone 7 plus 128gb is $941 in US with tax.
Old 14th June 2017, 22:05   #10128
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
The iPhone Thread

I went and bought an iphone 6 32 gb also on paytm today for Rs 27000 with a rs 3275 cash back.
Effective price rs 24000

For my Dad who is also requiring a larger screen compared with his iphone 5s

So both parents are looked after in terms of phone screen size because Im giving my current 6 to my mum to replace her 4S.

Now I need to get my Dad in law also onto a larger screen than his 4S which basically means I need to upgrade my wife to an iphone 7 and pass on her current 6 to her father.

I continue to retain my old 4S as my backup phone...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th June 2017 at 22:07.
Old 15th June 2017, 07:10   #10129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Network issues : At places where my S7 and other phones (LYF, A5 & other basic phones) work flawlessly, I am suffering from connectivity issues....
Any way the issue can be solved? The 5S had option to select between 2G/3G and 4G, but not here. Maybe going to 2G mode would have helped, unsure though.
Switching off 4G [and not mobile data] helped a lot. I am unsure as to why iPhone could not switch seamlessly between 2G/3G/4G when there were variations in network strength/quality.

Now, when ever I have to go to remote places, I have to manually switch off 4G coverage

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th June 2017 at 10:10. Reason: Typo
Old 15th June 2017, 09:16   #10130
BHPian

Quote:
Switching off 4G [and not mobile data] helped a lot. I am unsure as to why iPhone could not switch seamlessly between 2G/3G/4G when there were variations in network strength/quality.

Now, when ever I have to go to remote places, I have to manually switch off 4G coverage
Have you tried resetting network settings? My wife recently did an MNP to Airtel and was facing similar issues on her iPhone 6. A network settings reset fixed it in that case. Just a word of caution, this will result in lose of any saved Wifi passwords.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th June 2017 at 10:10. Reason: Typo in quoted post.
Old 15th June 2017, 13:04   #10131
BHPian

Quote:

Even I face the same issue with my 5S and have to do this network switching manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Have you tried resetting network settings? My wife recently did an MNP to Airtel and was facing similar issues on her iPhone 6. A network settings reset fixed it in that case. Just a word of caution, this will result in lose of any saved Wifi passwords.
Will try network re-setting thing, lets see if it can relieve me from manual switching.
Old 15th June 2017, 19:27   #10132
BHPian

So just ordered an iPhone 6S 32 GB from Paytm for 32k after cashback. Seemed to be a nice deal so took the plunge. Now, I have few queries as I am new to iOS.

1. Whats the easiest way to transfer messages and call logs. Photos I am not concerned about as they are always synced with Google Photos
2. Does Google Photos work flawlessly in IOS.
3. I am used to Fuelio for tracking my fuel logs in Android. Any free apps which are equally good.
4. Can the whatsapp chat history be easily migrated from Android to IOS?

Thanks in advance
Old 15th June 2017, 20:39   #10133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Have you tried resetting network settings?.
Where can we find it? I guess, at places where there is no 4G, it keeps searching for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
1. Whats the easiest way to transfer messages and call logs.
Move to iOS app in Play store. And back up your WhatsApp, it will prompt you that as to whether need to back up when you are installing WhatsApp for the first time on iOS. If you don't do back up for the first time, you won't be able to retrieve your old messages [later]
Old 15th June 2017, 21:51   #10134
BANNED

The iPhone Thread

So I got my 256GB black iphone 7 today and simply transferred everything seamlessly. Im using it right now and have sent off my old 6 to my Mum.

Am liking the 7 so much that I bought one more in Jet Black 256gb for the wifey using all the Paytm cash backs that I received while paying the remainder on the card.
So the effective price for my wife's new phone was 50500/-
We will send her present iphone 6 to her Dad who also requires a larger screen than his current iphone 4S has.
The other new iphone 6 that I got for my Dad should reach tomorrow.
Makes everyone's life simpler and happier overall. Small price to pay for top quality machines!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 15th June 2017 at 21:53.
Old 16th June 2017, 12:20   #10135
Senior - BHPian

The display of my 2.5 years old iphone 6 went kaput. I am thinking of getting the iPhone SE for the time being till the 8 comes out.

Any idea if Paytm transactions are eligible for EMI in credit cards. I am thinking of buying from Paytm but they dont have any EMI schemes.
Old 16th June 2017, 14:32   #10136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I went and bought an iphone 6 ..... I need to upgrade my wife to an iphone 7...
I think you are the right person to ask few questions I am new to the iPhone world with a 6, its just a month, although I have been using MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook Air etc since many years. Decision was fast as my One Plus 3 fell and broke and I found iPhone 6 cheaper than One Plus 3T with the exchange value on cashify, got it from Flipkart ! Question below:
1. Bluetooth is unpredictable. I have paired my BMW, Bose headphones and Garmin band. Detecting a connection is a hassle. If I am in the car with my band on, it will not connect to the car whatever I do. Did you find a similar issue or way around it ? Today I unpaired the band and it connected to the car ! But the issue is, band is mostly on the wrist and it's synced to the phone everyday or after a run or walk !
2. Although I did the contact transfer through Google contacts, many numbers are lost in the process.
3. Edges of the phone (brush aluminium area) are very fragile to scratches and marks. Although I have a leather case, there are already few scratch marks on top. Any recommendations on a good quality leather case ?

Quote:
....I am used to Fuelio for tracking my fuel logs in Android. Any free apps which are equally good.
I had my entire 8 months inputs on Fuelio and did a back up to cloud and dropbox before moving to iPhone 6 but unfortunately, there is no Fuelio in the apple world. I am using Jerrycan now, but permanently lost all the 8 months data just like that.

Quote:
So I got my 256GB black iphone 7 today and simply transferred everything seamlessly....
Is it worth moving to the 7 ? Screen and body size are same for 6 and 7 right ? Whats the time taken for Paytm delivery ? I bought my MacBook Air through them, it took more than 7 days for delivery but the cash back was close to 9k, which was worth the wait !
Old 16th June 2017, 17:57   #10137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I think you are the right person to ask few questions I am new to the iPhone world with a 6, its just a month, although I have been using MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook Air etc since many years. Decision was fast as my One Plus 3 fell and broke and I found iPhone 6 cheaper than One Plus 3T with the exchange value on cashify, got it from Flipkart ! Question below:
1. Bluetooth is unpredictable. I have paired my BMW, Bose headphones and Garmin band. Detecting a connection is a hassle. If I am in the car with my band on, it will not connect to the car whatever I do. Did you find a similar issue or way around it ? Today I unpaired the band and it connected to the car ! But the issue is, band is mostly on the wrist and it's synced to the phone everyday or after a run or walk !
2. Although I did the contact transfer through Google contacts, many numbers are lost in the process.
3. Edges of the phone (brush aluminium area) are very fragile to scratches and marks. Although I have a leather case, there are already few scratch marks on top. Any recommendations on a good quality leather case ?

I had my entire 8 months inputs on Fuelio and did a back up to cloud and dropbox before moving to iPhone 6 but unfortunately, there is no Fuelio in the apple world. I am using Jerrycan now, but permanently lost all the 8 months data just like that.

Is it worth moving to the 7 ? Screen and body size are same for 6 and 7 right ? Whats the time taken for Paytm delivery ? I bought my MacBook Air through them, it took more than 7 days for delivery but the cash back was close to 9k, which was worth the wait !

Let me try and take your queries one by one;
Apple to me, is way better than Android. There's a joke. Android guys are the doers. iPhone guys tell them what to do and when!

Yes iPhone has some awesome deals right now via PayTm. Ive bought three iPhones in the last 3 days on PayTm. Two are delivered, mine and my Dad's. My Wife's is expected by tomorrow or day after. Worth the price paid for sure. No trouble with PAyTM delivery experience so far in my case.

My Bluetooth so far has been good in my iPhone 4S, my iPhone 6 and now the iPhone 7 in the home environment. I do not use it in my car because my Yeti doesn't have Bluetooth sync or car play.
I have never used Google to transfer my contacts, preferring to restore from backup on my 5 year old MacBook Air or iCloud.
For my iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhone 6, we bought something called MTT Golf fit case from Amazon - at 699 each these seemed more expensive than the normal cases but are very well worth it because of the all round protection.
For the iPhone 7's I have just ordered a couple of soft silicone cases which are expected from Amazon in a day or two.
Yes, the iPhone 7 is of exactly the same dimensions as the iPhone 6 but the phone itself is far superior in many ways. I like what I bought for sure. Especially because I got the 256GB versions for me and my wife.
My experience will all the stuff I bought on PayTm has been good in terms of delivery - including the car tyres that I bought for the Yeti and the Gypsy. Moreover the prices were way better than anywhere else in the market because of their cash backs.
I am an 'end-of-product-lifecycle" kind of guy when it comes to iPhones because of the sheer value of the deals one is able to get! I believe I shall continue in this manner - Ive never felt the need to be the "first chap off the block" with the new iPhones that get released, preferring instead to maximise my bang for the buck...
Cheers and good luck in your decision!
Old 16th June 2017, 18:29   #10138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..... No trouble with PAyTM delivery experience so far in my case....My Bluetooth so far has been good in my iPhone 4S, my iPhone 6 and now the iPhone 7 in the home environment. I do not use it in my car ....I am an 'end-of-product-lifecycle" kind of guy when it comes to iPhones because of the sheer value of the deals one is able to get! I believe I shall continue in this manner...
Thanks for the reply. Bluetooth problems are written by few users in different forums, need to figure out a way. I swap between my wrist band, headphones and car all the time over bluetooth, it happens butter smooth on the Android without any delay. iPhone is just giving up even after airplane mode refreshing. May be I am doing something totally wrong !!

We are similar when it comes to the maximum usage of a product, because I tend to use something until it's broken or faulty. Infact I never had an interest for iPhones until I saw present scenario of price drops to reasonable levels for the previous versions. Its good to try and feel than "I never used one, so no clue" situation

I have no plans to upgrade from 6, I may even go back to Android just for the tons of material available for them. Frankly speaking, there are many areas iPhone is lagging behind Android (comparing a phone like One Plus 3). iPhone 6 camera is a big negative for me, eg. selfie camera is 1.2 MP which is a decade behind Android I have not got a single selfie of mine which can be used as a profile picture anywhere !
Old 16th June 2017, 20:17   #10139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Does Google Photos work flawlessly in IOS.
Google Photos works well on iOS. The only issue I have is that if I try to cast the locally stored videos on Chromecast through google photos, it tends to hang and I need to reopen the video to continue.
Old 16th June 2017, 23:12   #10140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Google Photos works well on iOS. The only issue I have is that if I try to cast the locally stored videos on Chromecast through google photos, it tends to hang and I need to reopen the video to continue.
Thanks, can you suggest a good fuel log app?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks