Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 10:14   #9991

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Is it 64GB ?? I got iPhone SE 16 GB for INR23.5 k with 3000 cash back on HFDC bank card.
Yup 64GB @ 27.5k

Now it's 28k
Old 10th April 2017, 11:45   #9992
BHPian

Is it safe buying an iphone from paytm? Am interested in the 64 gig SE. Or Amazon is the way to go? Anyone got it from paytm want to share their experience?
Old 10th April 2017, 11:58   #9993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Is it safe buying an iphone from paytm? Am interested in the 64 gig SE. Or Amazon is the way to go? Anyone got it from paytm want to share their experience?
I got an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6S from paytm. Shipping was a little slow compared to Amazon. However, there were no hiccups. So, if the price difference justifies it, don't hesitate to purchase from paytm.
Old 10th April 2017, 11:58   #9994
BHPian

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1491805604.089364.jpg

Dropped my iPhone SE :( the phone is working fine no issues. Just wanted to know if this can be fixed and also will the warranty be honoured since the phone has got a dent now.
Old 10th April 2017, 12:38   #9995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Dropped my iPhone SE :( the phone is working fine no issues. Just wanted to know if this can be fixed and also will the warranty be honoured since the phone has got a dent now.
Sorry to see the ding. I think it can be repaired but you will need to pay for any replacement parts. Take it to the Apple ASC and enquire.

Frankly, I know it hurts to drop any handset but I would suggest you just install the handset in a slim case so the damage is hidden from view.
Old 10th April 2017, 12:43   #9996
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1628348

Unfortunately not, apple will not provide spare parts for panel replacement. They will ask you to pay 15k and replace the phone. If you replace the panel after market, warranty is void.
Your warranty remains intact because of the ding.
Old 10th April 2017, 13:01   #9997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Sorry to see the ding. I think it can be repaired but you will need to pay for any replacement parts. Take it to the Apple ASC and enquire.

Frankly, I know it hurts to drop any handset but I would suggest you just install the handset in a slim case so the damage is hidden from view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Unfortunately not, apple will not provide spare parts for panel replacement. They will ask you to pay 15k and replace the phone. If you replace the panel after market, warranty is void.
Your warranty remains intact because of the ding.

Thanks both of you! I have installed the case now. One more question- if there is any recall or a genuine issue with my iPhone will warranty be honoured for this damaged phone?
Old 10th April 2017, 16:27   #9998
Team-BHP Support

Any stores in Delhi [preferably in North Delhi/North NCR] which can exchange a Samsung S7 for an iPhone 7? I would need a bill, what else?
Old 10th April 2017, 17:17   #9999
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks both of you! I have installed the case now. One more question- if there is any recall or a genuine issue with my iPhone will warranty be honoured for this damaged phone?

My old iPhone 6 was replaced for a loose screen panel on one corner, phone was dinged at the opposite corner.
I hope that answers your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any stores in Delhi [preferably in North Delhi/North NCR] which can exchange a Samsung S7 for an iPhone 7? I would need a bill, what else?

Honestly, try selling on olx first. You may get a better value for the S7 by selling directly, and then pick up the iphone online or from local stores.
For your actual query, I have no clue : sorry.
Old 10th April 2017, 20:55   #10000
Senior - BHPian

I have bought Iphone SE 64gb and using it with idea. I can't see the hotspot option, I think it's disabled. Any idea how to enable hotspot on this phone?
Old 10th April 2017, 21:05   #10001
BHPian

There should be a "Personal Hotspot" option below the "Mobile Data" when you open settings. Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I have bought Iphone SE 64gb and using it with idea. I can't see the hotspot option, I think it's disabled. Any idea how to enable hotspot on this phone?
Old 10th April 2017, 21:29   #10002
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
There should be a "Personal Hotspot" option below the "Mobile Data" when you open settings. Hope it helps.
What is the OS version, and can you post the screen shot of your settings landing page?
Old 10th April 2017, 22:09   #10003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Go to mobile data > mobile data options > mobile data network > write something in Username (Under Personal hotspot).

Refresh and see if it works.
Do remember to keep data roaming on.
Old 10th April 2017, 23:02   #10004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
It was not present under mobile data. Thanks for the pointer anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What is the OS version, and can you post the screen shot of your settings landing page?
10.2.1. So far not being able to download 10.3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Go to mobile data > mobile data options > mobile data network > write something in Username (Under Personal hotspot).

Refresh and see if it works.
Do remember to keep data roaming on.
Thanks, this worked! Finally I can share data

I am using an Idea prepaid recharge of 347 that gives 1gb data daily. Now I can put it to good use
Old 11th April 2017, 11:44   #10005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Well so my 7 plus' haptic feedback engine and vibration motor died on me today. Doesn't seem to be working no matter what I try to do. Other than that everything works perfectly. Will take it to the service centre tomorrow. Annoyed 😒

So my phone has water damage as confirmed by the service centre

I have no idea how. The replacement will cost 27.5k. Imagine spending that over spending 82k for the phone!

Thank god I had an impulse and bought insurance when I bought the phone. The damage to my pocket will still be around 6800.

Sigh! So much for the water resistance of the phone! I tweeted to apple as I have just bought the apple watch series 2 and plan to use it for swimming and if it suffers from water damage in any case, I will never go back to apple.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks