Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2017, 17:43   #10201
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

The prices on Flipkart, Amazon and Paytm are fluctuating, but overall higher than what it was in the last week of June.
Let's wait for the offers to start again.
Old 5th July 2017, 03:01   #10202
Senior - BHPian

Hello iPhone Gurus,

Have a quick question regarding iPhone 7. I have a work phone which is a iPhone 7 and I have created a iCloud id when the phone was given to me. End of this week I have to hand over the phone back to the company as I am moving into a new job. I need to reset the phone before handing it over but the phone has to be in answerable condition if someone calls that number.

Can someone use iPhone with an active sim inside without having to log in using iCloud? Don't know if my question makes any sense.

The next person who takes over my role will be given this phone who will then have his own iCloud log in etc. but in the mean while if someone calls my number the phone has to be active.

Regards,
Old 5th July 2017, 05:01   #10203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello iPhone Gurus,

Have a quick question regarding iPhone 7. I have a work phone which is a iPhone 7 and I have created a iCloud id when the phone was given to me. End of this week I have to hand over the phone back to the company as I am moving into a new job. I need to reset the phone before handing it over but the phone has to be in answerable condition if someone calls that number.

Can someone use iPhone with an active sim inside without having to log in using iCloud? Don't know if my question makes any sense.

The next person who takes over my role will be given this phone who will then have his own iCloud log in etc. but in the mean while if someone calls my number the phone has to be active.

Regards,
It wouldnt be possible to setup/use the iPhone without going through the initial setup process, which includes the signing in with an Apple id, based on my understanding.
Old 5th July 2017, 05:06   #10204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It wouldnt be possible to setup/use the iPhone without going through the initial setup process, which includes the signing in with an Apple id, based on my understanding.

So if I factory reset the iPhone and hand it back to the office they will not be able to make or receive phone calls till they setup the iPhone again?
Old 5th July 2017, 07:25   #10205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello iPhone Gurus,

Regards,
The factory reset may not entirely work for the next person using the phone, as it will ask for the original id used. So better log out of 'Find My Phone' too for it to be swiped squeaky clean and easy for the next person using the phone.
Old 5th July 2017, 08:52   #10206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
The factory reset may not entirely work for the next person using the phone, as it will ask for the original id used. So better log out of 'Find My Phone' too for it to be swiped squeaky clean and easy for the next person using the phone.
Thanks for that.

I disabled find my iPhone and it seems now all I need to do is factory default it and hand it back to the office. The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499224926.698174.jpg

But still someone will need to set up the iPhone to be able to make or receive calls??

Regards,
Old 5th July 2017, 10:42   #10207
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that.

I disabled find my iPhone and it seems now all I need to do is factory default it and hand it back to the office. Attachment 1654187

But still someone will need to set up the iPhone to be able to make or receive calls??

Regards,
Yes thats correct the iPhone will need to set up with a new Apple ID in order to start using it.
Old 7th July 2017, 10:54   #10208
Senior - BHPian

I installed the IOS 11 public beta last night and I am seeing few appreciable changes now. IOS 11 will be available for all by September but since I had enrolled for the beta testing, I have got this update sooner. Being beta version there are still few issues like apps being sluggish, few apps hang and such.

Some of the changes that I have noticed are :

1. Message app store - Earlier one would be directed to message app store directly, now it asks to confirm by pressing visit store button.

The iPhone Thread-app-store-messages.png

You can sync your messages over icloud. Meaning if you delete in your phone it gets deleted in your mac as well if both are synced.

Also, at the bottom of the message screen, one can see options for smileys, stickers, doodle etc.

The iPhone Thread-messages.png

2. Calculator is redesigned now. Looks sleek.

The iPhone Thread-calc-redesin.png

3. Control center is completely redesigned. It takes up the complete screen now. You can customize what all things to show up on the control center as well.

The iPhone Thread-control-center.png

4. Phone dialer also gets redesigned. Network strength now gets shown as bars instead of dots. Also to note that the font across the phone is now changed to bold.

The iPhone Thread-dialer.png

5. Once you take a screenshot it shows up as a tile on the lower left corner. You can open it and edit it instantly. Multiple edit options are available like marker, eraser, doodle .

The iPhone Thread-image-editor.png

You can personalize the screenshot with a signature as well.

The iPhone Thread-image-editor-sign.jpg

6. Itunes is also completely redesigned.

The iPhone Thread-itunes.png

7. As also the music store.

The iPhone Thread-music-store.png

A new feature is the ability to connect with friends by sharing the playlists and such. You can customize whom all to share with.

The iPhone Thread-music.png

8. App store has also got changes. There is a new tab called Today which will show all the latest trending apps for the day.

The iPhone Thread-new-app-store.png

9. The way notifications are displayed can also be customized. It can be set to be always on or to temporarily display and go off.

The iPhone Thread-notifications.png

10. When taking a photo or editing one, there are changes in the naming of the different hues available.

The iPhone Thread-photo-edit-options.png

Also, now you can scroll up through the photo to see locations, people.

The iPhone Thread-photo-app.png

Apart from these, one more I have noticed is the ability to capture the happenings on the screen in a video. I have not yet used it nor have screenshot to share. Also you can do screen mirroring which is an option in control center the usage of which I am not yet sure.

One more change is that icloud is now replaced by files app. It shows all the data that you have in iCloud plus also in third party cloud storages.

All in all IOS 11 comes with many updates. this is just the ones I have seen for Iphone. I am not sure about the changes in IPAD/IPOD. I might try to do it over the weekend and see.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 7th July 2017 at 11:07.
Old 7th July 2017, 11:08   #10209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I installed the IOS 11 public beta last night and I am seeing few appreciable changes now.
Is this iPhone 7? How do you find the new file system that Apple has introduced in iOS 11? Considering this is a beta, this may not be the right time to ask about performance/battery.
Old 7th July 2017, 11:17   #10210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Is this iPhone 7? How do you find the new file system that Apple has introduced in iOS 11? Considering this is a beta, this may not be the right time to ask about performance/battery.
No mine is an iPhone 6. I have not seen the new file system in Ipad but what I have heard it shows up as an app on the screen (called Files) and provides similar features as the explorer in windows. In Iphone it displays all the data in icloud with the same folder structure that was saved by us.

Battery usage is little high from whatever I have seen since morning. Performance as mentioned in my earlier post is slightly sluggish.
Old 7th July 2017, 12:11   #10211
BHPian

http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...w/59480713.cms

Saw this article highlighting the reason why iPhones are cheaper online and why it wouldn't be that way anymore.
Old 7th July 2017, 12:37   #10212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
http://m.economictimes.com/industry/...w/59480713.cms

Saw this article highlighting the reason why iPhones are cheaper online and why it wouldn't be that way anymore.
Not sure if this is entirely true, there is a large amount of margin which the large e-tailers play around with and that is where majority of discounts come from. Tax difference may not be a considerable edge.
Old 14th July 2017, 11:21   #10213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So if I factory reset the iPhone and hand it back to the office they will not be able to make or receive phone calls till they setup the iPhone again?
Missed your quote earlier, as i didn't receive a notification.
As for your question, no, the next user will need to sign in with an apple id and set up the phone to be able to make and receive calls.
Old 14th July 2017, 11:45   #10214
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Missed your quote earlier, as i didn't receive a notification.

As for your question, no, the next user will need to sign in with an apple id and set up the phone to be able to make and receive calls.

Thanks all for the feedbacks.

I handed over my iPhone back to my mgmt and in turn it was handed over to a new team member. I did as advised by fellow members and factory reset the phone.

The new team member just setup basic date and time settings etc and entered his exchange email settings which Brough across all contacts, calendar etc. but he didn't have to setup Apple ID or iCloud id. Was able to use the phone as is.

Regards,
Old 16th July 2017, 12:09   #10215
Senior - BHPian

Is there anyway to get the contact name and number displayed during incoming/outgoing calls on an iPhone ? As of now I only get contact name in first row and second row which says 'calling mobile/home' etc. This isn't of much use so wanted to know if the number can be displayed instead of mobile/home

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks