Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2018, 20:37   #10951
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
With the current budget aiming at increasing customs duty, it looks like the iPhone will again take the hardest fall. Prices are set to increase.
So all Apple fans, hurry up and get your devices. ��
Apple (and all smartphone flagship products) would have to think of localising at least until its 7 (more than just SE) into its Bengaluru facility to get out of its increasing duty of imported products to remain cost-competitive in such a dynamic market like India.

Last edited by vvijay : 1st February 2018 at 20:41.
Old 2nd February 2018, 09:34   #10952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Thanks for your comments! I have upgraded the version today evening. Will report back if there are any issues.
Are you now on 11.2.5? How is this update holding up? Which iPhone?
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:59   #10953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I'm on 11.2.5 since this Wednesday, to me I don't see / reaslise any notable difference from how it was on previous version and now. May be its the way I look at it.

Cheers!
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:58   #10954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
My Wife got the 8 Plus 256 gb on 26th January with a Republic Day offer. I feel it was a good deal in exchange for her 6s Plus 64 gb.

8 Plus 256 gb price INR 83000
This is a good price and overall a very very good deal. I was quoted 86000 at Croma. Which shop did you buy from?
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:10   #10955
Team-BHP Support

Gentlemen, I see that many of you pick up the 256 GB version. All that space is required for what? Movies, music or games?
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:02   #10956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I'm on 11.2.5 since this Wednesday, to me I don't see / reaslise any notable difference from how it was on previous version and now. May be its the way I look at it.!
Thanks for the feedback. I was primarily looking at effects on battery life. Is it same as before?

Right now super happy with it and dont want any OS updates to play the spoilsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Gentlemen, I see that many of you pick up the 256 GB version. All that space is required for what? Movies, music or games?
Agree. 256gb is sheer waste of space and useful only if you are a big time gamer or store 4K videos.

I personally never crossed 45GB in my previous phone (64GB) and hence, bought the same sized upgrade. I back up important photos/videos in Google Photos that has a 15GB limit for a free account
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:26   #10957
BHPian

Quote:
Gentlemen, I see that many of you pick up the 256 GB version.
When 64 & 256 are the only two options and I try and use my phones for 4 years, with the every increasing size of HDR videos and Live photos, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Wife requires space for her vast Music downloads and photos.
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:54   #10958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
You missed my point.

There is a free battery replacement programme for a particular batch of iPhone 6S manufactured in September-October 2015 which is valid for 3 years from date of purchase. I had my iPhone 6S battery replaced yesterday free of cost under this replacement program. One can check whether the serial number is elligible for the free battery from the link attached in my earlier post.
Cheers!
Promit
Thanks Promit, I never knew of such a programme, my phone is eligible for this, I purchased this in Singapore in Nov 2015. I selected India on the link and provided the serial number, it shows me as eligible, hope the service centre doesn't play spoil sport. It shows eligible in both India and Singapore though.
Do they keep the phone with them? if yes for how long?
Regards
Shailesh

Last edited by aspire : 2nd February 2018 at 15:58.
Old 2nd February 2018, 18:17   #10959
BHPian

Quote:
Its holding up pretty well I'd say. I did notice some improvement in the battery life but it's just a couple of days till now.

Nothing to complain right now! Mine is an iPhone 6s.

Last edited by nileshch : 2nd February 2018 at 18:18.
Old 2nd February 2018, 18:30   #10960
BHPian

Quote:
I have hardly crossed 40 GB at any point in my old phones, and the new one is at 22 GB. I hardly use my phone for music and not a video fanatic.
Photo's are the one that consume space for me but then by standards that we see in iPhone I would say even that to be less in my scenario.

If some one want to retain the phone for 3 / 4 years and above at the age of 4K video recording space will be consumed heavily and not to mention the pace at which app's size if growing over the years it will make sense but definitely not for me.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I was primarily looking at effects on battery life. Is it same as before?

Right now super happy with it and dont want any OS updates to play the spoilsport
Mine is a X, I didn't had an issue with battery earlier and its performance remains the same after upgrade.

Cheers!
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:35   #10961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
This is a good price and overall a very very good deal. I was quoted 86000 at Croma. Which shop did you buy from?
We bought it from the iStore next to Matunga Gymkhana. It's diagonally opposite Welingkar Institue, close to Podar and Ruia college at Matunga East. The offer of 83k in price and Karbonn power bank free was supposedly only for Republic Day.

Actually 128 gb would be perfect for my Wife, but Apple has removed it from the 8 line-up. Hence the 256 gb to accommodate everything in the phone itself without using any cloud service, Flickr etc.

Cheers
Old 2nd February 2018, 23:04   #10962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Thanks Promit, I never knew of such a programme, my phone is eligible for this, I purchased this in Singapore in Nov 2015. I selected India on the link and provided the serial number, it shows me as eligible, hope the service centre doesn't play spoil sport. It shows eligible in both India and Singapore though.
Do they keep the phone with them? if yes for how long?
Regards
Shailesh
I believe it is a worldwide battery replacement program. Mine was an Indian purchased phone though. My battery was barely getting through the day towards the end of it. Had to plug it in atleast three times a day and was hanging profusely. I was planning for a new phone. Thankfully this battery replacement was a godsend. I wasn’t charged a penny. My phone is flying now, not hanging at all. I reckon I can use it for another year happily. It feels alien to charge it only once in a day now and feels as good as new. LOL. The apple diagnostics showed that my original battery had exceeded the 1000 charge cycles and was ‘consumed’.
You would have to take a complete backup and wipe your phone before submitting it. If the battery is in stock (which is usually the case), they would take between 2-4 hours within the same business day. Restoring was a breeze. I am extremely happy with my phone now, even though it is more than 2 years old now.

All the best, hope this helps.
Promit

Last edited by promit : 2nd February 2018 at 23:06.
Old 3rd February 2018, 13:59   #10963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
If the battery is in stock (which is usually the case), they would take between 2-4 hours within the same business day. Restoring was a breeze. I am extremely happy with my phone now, even though it is more than 2 years old now.

All the best, hope this helps.
Promit
Hi Promit,
My battery lasts more than a day easily, have not found any issues with it, no sudden stoppages etc, but the phone has slowed down, so anyways was thinking of going in for a new battery later in the year, wondering whether it makes sense to attempt to fix something which is not broken, yet? Have taken a backup on itunes on windows laptop, should be fine.
Regards
Shailesh
Old 5th February 2018, 11:14   #10964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi Promit,
My battery lasts more than a day easily, have not found any issues with it, no sudden stoppages etc, but the phone has slowed down, so anyways was thinking of going in for a new battery later in the year, wondering whether it makes sense to attempt to fix something which is not broken, yet? Have taken a backup on itunes on windows laptop, should be fine.
Regards
Shailesh
Visited Ample at 27th main HSR on Saturday, long wait time, they were ok with accepting the device, ETD was Wednesday!! as the battery was supposed to come from Peenya, didn't give the phone, will think of it some other time. This is way too much lead time.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 5th February 2018, 11:26   #10965
BHPian

Need help with fellow Iphone users. My wife accidentally washed her Iphone in Washing machine for around 8-10 mins along with bedsheet. When she realised, she took it out, removed the SIM & as I suggested earlier to her, submerged her phone in a bag of rice. After a day we took it out & tried charging it to see if it works, no luck. Any other tips/tricks which we can try before taking it to service center

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks