Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2018, 18:46   #10906
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
You will have to run your phone's serial number on this link to know if it is from the affected batch of phones. https://www.apple.com/support/iphone...ectedshutdown/
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
This is not needed. As mentioned few pages back, all phones from iPhone 6 and up and eligible for battery replacement irrespective of the battery diagnostic test results and can be done till end of 2018.
You missed my point.

There is a free battery replacement programme for a particular batch of iPhone 6S manufactured in September-October 2015 which is valid for 3 years from date of purchase. I had my iPhone 6S battery replaced yesterday free of cost under this replacement program. One can check whether the serial number is elligible for the free battery from the link attached in my earlier post.

Otherwise, the paid Rs ~2200 battery replacements are going on at full swing. Noticed that most of the people at the Apple service centre yesterday had come in for the paid battery swap.

Cheers!
Promit

Last edited by promit : 19th January 2018 at 18:48.
Old 21st January 2018, 21:17   #10907
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
I use the Spigen Ultra Hybrid for my iPhone 6S as well, and never has it cause any problems whatsoever with the tempered glass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I too use a Ringke Hybrid case which is similar to Spigen Hybrid. As mentioned above, there is enough space between my Tempered glass and case edges.
Have placed an order on Amazon for MTT Tempered Glass. On the link it clearly states that it is not compatible with Spigen Ultra Hybrid case due to the tight fit i guess! The case no doubt is of good quality but i have no choice but to go back to the old case bought from local mall due to its comfortable fit. Protecting the iPhone screen i guess is more important since it can be expensive to fix it!
Old 21st January 2018, 23:25   #10908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Have placed an order on Amazon for MTT Tempered Glass. On the link it clearly states that it is not compatible with Spigen Ultra Hybrid case due to the tight fit i guess! The case no doubt is of good quality but i have no choice but to go back to the old case bought from local mall due to its comfortable fit. Protecting the iPhone screen i guess is more important since it can be expensive to fix it!
Have you ordered the MTT Tempered Glass or MTT 3D Full Body Tempered Glass?
If it’s the former, then the Spigen Ultra Hybrid will work flawlessly with it.
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:28   #10909
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Have you ordered the MTT Tempered Glass or MTT 3D Full Body Tempered Glass?
If it’s the former, then the Spigen Ultra Hybrid will work flawlessly with it.
I've ordered the 3D Full Body glass. I guess you were referring to the Glass Screen Protector. Got confused with the plethora of options/combinations. Its already out for shipment now.
Old 22nd January 2018, 18:45   #10910
Team-BHP Support

Interesting read.

Quote:
It may be the smartphone of the moment, but a new leak reveals Apple AAPL -0.45% will soon cancel the iPhone X. And the source could not be more credible…

In a new report obtained by AppleInsider, acclaimed KGI Securities’ analyst Ming-Chi Kuo says disappointing sales of the iPhone X will lead to the cancellation of the model “with production ceasing in the summer”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#b1fa96e10cbd
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:37   #10911
Senior - BHPian

On a bright side, That will make mine a limited edition phone. Could be valuable in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:47   #10912
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
On a bright side, That will make mine a limited edition phone. Could be valuable in future.
You'd have to sell right when the X production stops, to make the most of it

This was more or less expected isn't it. With the X around, the 8's successor would have been limping from the start. At that price range, there's not much room for two, very capable phones.
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:56   #10913
Senior - BHPian

Once you go X there is no going back Very Very capable phone, this X

Quote:
You'd have to sell right when the X production stops, to make the most of it

This was more or less expected isn't it. With the X around, the 8's successor would have been limping from the start. At that price range, there's not much room for two, very capable phones.
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:18   #10914
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Once you go X there is no going back Very Very capable phone, this X
Other than the size and home button, what is actually different between the X and 8 plus? I was looking thru the options (for first week of April), and on my contract plan the X cost almost double as of 8 plus (SGD 638 and 328 respectively). In comparison a Pixel 2 XL or a Note 8 is costing around SGD 260 only. Just trying to understand if there is a real value of going with the X. If not I probably will wait until Sep to see how the next generation iPhones pan out (could look to replace my office iPhone 7 with a new one then).
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:21   #10915
Senior - BHPian

The screen obviously. The processor is faster. Camera is good. Animoji is super cool. The way the home screen come up is really easy. Lot of videos with comparo out there. Have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Other than the size and home button, what is actually different between the X and 8 plus? I was looking thru the options (for first week of April), and on my contract plan the X cost almost double as of 8 plus (SGD 638 and 328 respectively). In comparison a Pixel 2 XL or a Note 8 is costing around SGD 260 only. Just trying to understand if there is a real value of going with the X. If not I probably will wait until Sep to see how the next generation iPhones pan out (could look to replace my office iPhone 7 with a new one then).
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:35   #10916
BHPian

Quote:
And to see how news are framed with a different t point of view, see this:

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/22...inal-iphone-x/

Apple will discontinue the first-generation iPhone X when the second-generation model launches later this year, rather than bump the device down its smartphone lineup for lower than $999, according to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who clarified his earlier prediction with a follow-up research note today.
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:40   #10917
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Uggh. Apple is doing a Maruti. Flooding the market with a lxi, vxi (o), zxi, zxi (o), zxi+, zxi (o), lxi amt.....

We need a drastic revolution as the current technology has more or less stalled in recent times. As I type this, I realize how very demanding we have become as consumers!
Old 24th January 2018, 10:11   #10918
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/22...inal-iphone-x/

Apple will discontinue the first-generation iPhone X when the second-generation model launches later this year, rather than bump the device down its smartphone lineup for lower than $999, according to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who clarified his earlier prediction with a follow-up research note today.

https://m.economictimes.com/magazine...w/62614490.cms

Ya, its all over the WWW and I was looking forward to getting one in thext 10-15 days Now, I am in a fix.
Old 24th January 2018, 10:25   #10919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The screen obviously. The processor is faster. Camera is good. Animoji is super cool. The way the home screen come up is really easy. Lot of videos with comparo out there. Have a look.
Correction - The SOC or the CPU and the subsystem is exactly the same in both. There is no difference.
Old 24th January 2018, 10:37   #10920
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Correction - The SOC or the CPU and the subsystem is exactly the same in both. There is no difference.
Even the camera is same as the 8 plus?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks