Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 15:18   #11011
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I had got my iPhone replaced sometime last year and now I am wondering whether replacement iPhones are indeed new or whether they are refurbished.
Goto Settings -> General -> Model.

Retail brand new ones start with M.
Retail replacement models start with N.
Refurbished models start with F.

N is as good as M, just that it has a different stock inventory.
Old 1st March 2018, 20:37   #11012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Amazon India does have certified refurbished iPhones listed with 6 month warranty.
Highly doubtful it's Apple; might be some 3rd party sellers or even Cloudtail just trying to (re)sell on its own.

Apple website doesn't list Amazon (.in) as authorised reseller; only Flipkart and Infibeam.

Edit: Searched around on Amazon.in for certified refurbished iphones (~6 months warranty)

Option 1: iPhone 5S - Sold by Strides Commerce SLP (4.6 out of 5 | 863 ratings) and Fulfilled by Amazon. Seller shown as "Apple"

Option 2: iPhone 6 - Sold by Bhagwati E Commerce India Pvt Ltd (4.0 out of 5 | 2 ratings) and Fulfilled by Amazon. Seller shown as "Apple"

Option 3: iPhone 8 - Sold by Strides Commerce SLP (4.6 out of 5 | 863 ratings) and Fulfilled by Amazon. Seller shown as "Apple"

Hope you get the drift

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st March 2018 at 20:45.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:28   #11013
BHPian

Any news on the Battery replacement program in India, for older generation iPhones?

I am referring to the "paid/discounted price" replacement, after the battery-gate incident

Last edited by autospeaker : 2nd March 2018 at 12:46. Reason: Adding clarification after bhp_maniac's cooment
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:39   #11014
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Highly doubtful it's Apple...
Never claimed it was, but Amazon definitely is.

Quote:
Apple website doesn't list Amazon (.in) as authorised reseller; only Flipkart and Infibeam.
Unsure what that means. Had a warranty-related question, and Apple accepted an Amazon invoice as valid proof of purchase.

Apple may not approve of it, I honestly have no idea, but their products are being sold refurbished by an established e-retailer in India, and most people don't dig too deep in the fine print. Make of that what one will.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd March 2018 at 12:41.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:39   #11015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Any news on the Battery replacement program in India, for older generation iPhones?
Got my wife's 6S battery replaced under free replacement program from Apple service center. Battery health was showing as "Yellow" in their testing application. Post replacement, its showing "Green" now. However, wife says she hasn't seen any battery life improvement post replacement
Old 2nd March 2018, 16:55   #11016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Got my wife's 6S battery replaced under free replacement program from Apple service center. Battery health was showing as "Yellow" in their testing application. Post replacement, its showing "Green" now. However, wife says she hasn't seen any battery life improvement post replacement
How much time was taken for replacement? Did you have to submit the phone for some days, or you got it replaced immediately?
Old 2nd March 2018, 17:04   #11017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
How much time was taken for replacement? Did you have to submit the phone for some days, or you got it replaced immediately?
Replacement was done in around an hour. However, it took around 7 days for the replacement to arrive. They didn't ask us to submit the phone, instead they called us once the replacement battery reached the store. So, practically only an hour of down time.
Old 3rd March 2018, 13:04   #11018
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I think the current Flipkart Apple Sale has the 64 GB X available at ₹82999. Check it out for availability.

Thanks Stratosphere! I got the phone yesterday and I must say, the other iPhones certainly feel like the older generation after using this phone
Old 3rd March 2018, 20:07   #11019
BHPian

Got the battery replaced for my iPhone 6
Visited F1 info solutions on cunningham Road, Bangalore, they're a apple authorised service centre
Battery cost ₹2000 including GST, amount to be paid in advance then you'll have to wait for stocks
Wait time approx 4 weeks, but I got it in 3 weeks
First, they do a VMI-Visual Manual inspection to confirm that the existing battery on your phone is genuine apple make
Once its ok, they accept the money
Once the battery arrives, you get a call to visit them for the battery replacement
It takes about an hour for the same
After replacement, They also connect iphone to a laptop & show us that the battery is new and has finished 0 cycles, hence it's brand new
You need to take backup also

You also get a feedback call from Apple call center from a Delhi number after a couple of weeks

F1 on cunningham Road is pretty good

& the phone is working just fine
Old 4th March 2018, 16:14   #11020
Team-BHP Support

Please suggest a case/cover which will protect the phone as well as its screen, do not wish to use a screen guard. Would prefer to get it online and would want to have a transparent case. Btw, this query is for an iPhone 7.
Old 4th March 2018, 16:27   #11021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Please suggest a case/cover which will protect the phone as well as its screen, do not wish to use a screen guard. Would prefer to get it online and would want to have a transparent case. Btw, this query is for an iPhone 7.

Spigen Ultra hybrid is a decent option. Transparent hard back, with soft sides for drop protection. The case has a reasonable lip, going over the screen. If you can ignore the transparent part, I prefer the spigen rugged armor though.
P.S I have both for the 7+
Old 5th March 2018, 17:31   #11022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Go for Urban Armor Gear. Nothing beats this case (Other than extreme bad luck). Plus you get 1 year replacement warranty (of case) in case anything goes wrong with the case (I have availed this along with two of my colleagues). Order it directly from their website, they ship to India free of cost. Also i will suggest get a matte screen guard (Not tempered glass type) to protect display from normal scuffs since even speck of dust is enough to cause an scratch on otherwise pristine display.
Old 6th March 2018, 13:54   #11023
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Hi apple fanboys! sorry if this was answered many times earlier! Is it reliable to buy a SE from Flip Kart ? I had seen prices at 18,9 K for 32gigs variant and tempted towards this . I understood FK and Infibeam are official resellers online and not Amazon . I mean reliable and new as I dont want to end up with re furbished model . I recently checked in Apple store to find the same model at 26k . Am I paying less 8k for any trouble later ?!
Old 6th March 2018, 15:29   #11024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
Hi apple fanboys! sorry if this was answered many times earlier! Is it reliable to buy a SE from Flip Kart ? I had seen prices at 18,9 K for 32gigs variant and tempted towards this . I understood FK and Infibeam are official resellers online and not Amazon . I mean reliable and new as I dont want to end up with re furbished model . I recently checked in Apple store to find the same model at 26k . Am I paying less 8k for any trouble later ?!

No trouble at all. The SE has been available for as low as 15k in the past in both flipkart and Amazon. I have bought equal number of iPhones from Amazon and flipkart and both are genuine. You can always check the model number to verify whether it is a refurbished one or not.
Old 11th March 2018, 21:07   #11025
Team-BHP Support

Why did this happen and how to disable it? I couldn’t even key in the password.

My daughter had my phone and she was playing with it.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-ca7826ecbb0042b496a307dc0292bcb4.png  

Most Viewed