Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2018, 12:08   #11146
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Query on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
This should mean that the watch eSIM is not 'locked' and should start working as long as the phone is on one of the Airtel or Jio approved plans.

I am planning visit a Airtel store in BLR to find out but they typically give idiotic responses to out-of-the-box questions.

Does anyone have a clue?
One of the online reviewers confirmed connectivity thru Airtel in watch brought abroad. Checkout channel called igyaan.
Old 5th June 2018, 10:10   #11147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Anyway to have grouped notifications by app? It's very irritating to get rid of them one at a time.

I hope iOS 12 improves it.
TIA

I think somebody in Apple heard you and these changes are likely to be implemented in iOS 12.
Old 5th June 2018, 11:46   #11148
BHPian

Looks like Apple's heard my prayers for 3rd party navigation app support in CarPlay ! Can't wait for the ios12 public beta. What could go wrong, eh ?

Last edited by sandeep.k : 5th June 2018 at 11:54. Reason: Incomplete info
Old 5th June 2018, 12:27   #11149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am using a 5s which is running on iOS 11.3. I noticed that the Wifi gets disconnected the moment the screen gets locked. Searching for wifi networks is also not seamless like earlier when the available list of networks popped up when the phone started using apps which needed internet. Now, most of the times, I have to go to Settings and manually connect to my saved network. This has been frustrating and I keep my mobile data ON most of the times to avoid this issue. Is there a solution for this?

I use an iPad Air 2 with 11.3 (upgraded to 11.3.1 yesterday) and I don't face this issue at all.
Quote:
My wife's IP7 was doing the same irritating thing after an update but seems to have gone away after switching on the 'Join known networks' option.
Thanks. I tried this option but the issue persists. My phone is on iOS 11.4. Anybody else facing this issue?
Old 5th June 2018, 12:33   #11150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Thanks. I tried this option but the issue persists. My phone is on iOS 11.4. Anybody else facing this issue?
I faced the exact issue post 11.4 update. The moment the phone gets locked, the WiFi get disconnected and mobile data is active. All I did to solve the issue was to forget the WiFi network and add it again. Now, the phone does not get disconnected after being locked.

If this does not work, try resetting the Network Settings. That would wipe off all the saved WiFi details though.
Old 5th June 2018, 13:46   #11151
BHPian

Re: My Ordeal with Iphone 6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Little big story, but do not have a solution yet
Hi, although i am not an iphone user but i do regularly use my Ipod classic 6th gen. It had a battery issue and the same was repaired by irepair guys. Here is the link

https://www.irepair.in/

They are based out of bangalore and do a very good job. You can call them and ask about the issue. They are very responsive and also have a free pick up and drop from fedex.

PS - I am no way associated with Irepair, just a customer who had a positive experience.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th June 2018 at 14:31.
Old 9th June 2018, 11:24   #11152

I use an iPhone 8. An issue I've been facing more or less since I got the phone around November last year is that sometimes while on a call I can't hear the other person for about 10 seconds. This happens a couple of times every day. I don't know if the issue is with the phone or the network. When I took it to Apple care a few weeks ago after running diagnostics he said there doesn't seem to be an issue with the hardware and he reinstalled the software and asked me to try it out. I have continued to face the issue. I tried replacing the sim but it continues. I'm on Vodafone in Bengaluru so not sure if it's the network since the Vodafone guys said there are network issues due to integration with idea. Is anyone else facing this issue? Quite frustrating while on calls with clients. It could be that this issue happens while switching network bands is what I feel.
Old 9th June 2018, 17:01   #11153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
I don't know if the issue is with the phone or the network.

I think it is the network. Even I am facing the same issue and I am also on Vodafone. My wife also is experiencing poor network on her phone. Vodafone guys are saying it is because of their upcoming merger with Idea. You can try porting to some other operator but I guess all have poor network quality.
Old 10th June 2018, 11:58   #11154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I think it is the network. Even I am facing the same issue and I am also on Vodafone. My wife also is experiencing poor network on her phone. Vodafone guys are saying it is because of their upcoming merger with Idea. You can try porting to some other operator but I guess all have poor network quality.

Hmm thanks. May I ask which phone you both are using. The reason is, I want to get it sorted within warranty if it is an issue with my handset.. I agree that all networks are the same. It is just that we feel that the grass is greener on the other side.
Old 10th June 2018, 21:15   #11155
BHPian

Quote:
I use an iPhone 8. An issue I've been facing more or less since I got the phone around November last year is that sometimes while on a call I can't hear the other person for about 10 seconds. Is anyone else facing this issue?
Used to happen on idea network with iPhone SE. But that problem seems to have disappeared lately. Haven't faced it for a few weeks now.
Old 10th June 2018, 21:34   #11156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Little big story, but do not have a solution yet

This "No Service" was happening on and off
Just a Jugaad Idea!!

Check if the sim is mating properly with contacts by adding a small piece of paper between sim and sim tray, or try installing a new sim tray.

Last edited by kashyapz8055 : 10th June 2018 at 21:36.
Old 10th June 2018, 23:18   #11157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post

https://www.irepair.in/

They are based out of bangalore and do a very good job. You can call them and ask about the issue. They are very responsive and also have a free pick up and drop from fedex.
Great, let me try this as the last option, if they also could not do it then selling it will be the only option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Just a Jugaad Idea!!

Check if the sim is mating properly with contacts by adding a small piece of paper between sim and sim tray, or try installing a new sim tray.
Tried both options before, but unfortunately it did not work.

I am right now in the US, so thought would go and check in a store here and see if I can get a better option for replacement. But since that is Indian bought phone, not sure if they would be able to help in anyway here, so its a try which I thought I would do.

Last edited by informmaha : 10th June 2018 at 23:20.
Old 11th June 2018, 10:59   #11158
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm thanks. May I ask which phone you both are using. The reason is, I want to get it sorted within warranty if it is an issue with my handset.. I agree that all networks are the same. It is just that we feel that the grass is greener on the other side.
I use Iphone 6S and my wife uses Iphone 7. You can also try going to Vodafone and getting a new SIM.
Old 11th June 2018, 12:45   #11159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
One of the online reviewers confirmed connectivity thru Airtel in watch brought abroad. Checkout channel called igyaan.
Happy to confirm that a Apple Watch Series 3 (cellular+GPS) bought in Hong Kong is working seamlessly on Airtel. Setup took around 30 minutes and included a Watch update and creating an Airtel account.
Old 11th June 2018, 12:50   #11160
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to confirm that a Apple Watch Series 3 (cellular+GPS) bought in Hong Kong is working seamlessly on Airtel. Setup took around 30 minutes and included a Watch update and creating an Airtel account.
Great !!! so you saved around 10K in the process. Any specific billing plan of Airtel already working with existing plan?

Most Viewed