Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 10:27   #11206
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Yeah, seems like battery issue. I am taking it to service center today. But as my phone is 14 months old now, I don't thing this will be dealt under warranty. Will have to pay for the replacement battery
I think Apple were doing cheaper replacement batteries for iPhone. Wonder if that is still on.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:23   #11207
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, seems like battery issue. I am taking it to service center today. But as my phone is 14 months old now, I don't thing this will be dealt under warranty. Will have to pay for the replacement battery
I got my iphone 6s plus's battery replaced for INR 2000 at authorised service centre B2x in mumbai. Phone is as good as new now and does not feel as if it will be three years old in a couple of months.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:40   #11208
Distinguished - BHPian

since the past few days, my iPhone SE screen is not responding when it is being charged. Any idea what could be the issue ?
Old 6th August 2018, 11:56   #11209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I think Apple were doing cheaper replacement batteries for iPhone. Wonder if that is still on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I got my iphone 6s plus's battery replaced for INR 2000 at authorised service centre B2x in mumbai. Phone is as good as new now and does not feel as if it will be three years old in a couple of months.
So, I visited the Apple service center, and yes, they confirmed that my battery is faulty, and consumed most of the cycles. So, they have ordered a new battery for me, and I have to pay 2000 INR. Seems to be good I think, as a new battery for iPhone 6s costs around 8k.
Old 6th August 2018, 13:55   #11210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
since the past few days, my iPhone SE screen is not responding when it is being charged. Any idea what could be the issue ?

Are you by any chance using third party accessories? I have the same issue when I use third party usb wall socket and soon as I turn off the power, it is back to normal.
Old 6th August 2018, 14:41   #11211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Are you by any chance using third party accessories?.
Spot on ! I was using a Sony charger till now, but moved to a third (is it fourth) party charger.

Thanks, @ drive_angry
Old 6th August 2018, 14:56   #11212
BHPian

Quote:
So, I visited the Apple service center, and yes, they confirmed that my battery is faulty, and consumed most of the cycles. So, they have ordered a new battery for me, and I have to pay 2000 INR. Seems to be good I think, as a new battery for iPhone 6s costs around 8k.
They did not have the battery in stock? It means you will have to visit the centre twice? I am having similar issues with my 6S plus and wanted to get the battery changed but due to lack of time in medical internship and no service center near Dilshad garden Delhi have not been able to take the plunge. Is there any way by which I could order the battery beforehand so that it can be replaced in one go?
Old 6th August 2018, 15:07   #11213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
They did not have the battery in stock? It means you will have to visit the centre twice?
This is how it went for me. Visited the service centre, they inspected the phone (they took it inside repair room to check if internals are ok by opening up the phone). After everything was found satisfactory they asked me to pay Rs. 2000 upfront and handed over the phone back to me. After a week or so I got a call saying battery is ready. I went again in morning at 11 am and this time i was asked to leave the phone with them saying it will be ready by 6pm. I reached at 5.30pm and in 15 min my phone was in my hand and everything was in perfect shape as it should be.
Mind you, if you have installed/replaced battery outside of authorised service centre with a non-genuine battery, you will not be eligible for this replacement program. They can confirm genuine battery with serial number of the battery.Why so, because its a replacement program where the original battery goes back to apple and you get a new battery.
Old 6th August 2018, 15:12   #11214
BHPian

Quote:
They did not have the battery in stock? It means you will have to visit the centre twice? I am having similar issues with my 6S plus and wanted to get the battery changed but due to lack of time in medical internship and no service center near Dilshad garden Delhi have not been able to take the plunge. Is there any way by which I could order the battery beforehand so that it can be replaced in one go?
When you visit the service center, they run a diagnostic on your phone, and then raise an order for the new part. Here in Bangalore, they informed me that it will take 3 working days for the part to reach the service center, post which they will call me to come and get it changed. You don't have to leave the phone at the service center at all. Once they call you, you can visit and get in changed in around 1-1.5 hrs.
Old 6th August 2018, 16:27   #11215
BHPian

Quote:
When you visit the service center, they run a diagnostic on your phone, and then raise an order for the new part. Here in Bangalore, they informed me that it will take 3 working days for the part to reach the service center, post which they will call me to come and get it changed. You don't have to leave the phone at the service center at all. Once they call you, you can visit and get in changed in around 1-1.5 hrs.

In my case i had to leave my phone. I asked them if they can do it in an hour or so but they denied and said i need to leave the phone with them and there was no other choice.
Old 6th August 2018, 16:55   #11216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They can confirm genuine battery with serial number of the battery.Why so, because its a replacement program where the original battery goes back to apple and you get a new battery.
Its free everywhere else in the world. Why do you have to pay Rs.2k in IND?
Old 6th August 2018, 17:13   #11217
BHPian

Quote:
In my case i had to leave my phone. I asked them if they can do it in an hour or so but they denied and said i need to leave the phone with them and there was no other choice.
Then let me see how it goes for me. I am waiting for the call to go and get it replaced. As of today, they told me that I can wait there as it's a 1 hr job.
Old 6th August 2018, 17:37   #11218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Its free everywhere else in the world. Why do you have to pay Rs.2k in IND?
Is that so? I thought it was subsidized program world over. Free is only if the phone is under warranty.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/ipho.../battery-power

This is what they did.
Quote:
Through December 31, 2018, the out-of-warranty battery service fee has been reduced for all eligible iPhone 6 or later models. Battery service at the reduced fee may be limited to one repair per iPhone.
Old 6th August 2018, 19:28   #11219
VSD
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.apple.com/in/support/iph...ectedshutdown/

Do try this link above, if your iphone6S is eligible for free battery replacement. Sometimes the service centers tend to take customers for a ride if they aren't aware of such recalls.

Quote:
I got mine done for free and it only took an hour after I handed them the phone in Saket service center in Delhi. I called up the service center and they told me they have the battery in stock and work can be completed in an hour or so. I called izenica store in GK1, and they also had batteries in stock for the 6S.

VSD
Old 6th August 2018, 19:43   #11220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
https://www.apple.com/in/support/iph...ectedshutdown/

Do try this link above, if your iphone6S is eligible for free battery replacement. Sometimes the service centers tend to take customers for a ride if they aren't aware of such recalls.

VSD
I already checked the Serial number in the support site to see whether I am eligible for a free replacement, but unfortunately my device is not eligible

Most Viewed