Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2018, 12:41   #11191
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I steadfastly refuse to hand out my cellphone number to all and sundry (even the on-campus tea vendor has a loyalty program now), but the volume of spam in the last 2-3 years has still been mind-boggling. No amount for reporting violations or blocking numbers helps.
I think even the major service providers (or maybe one or two employees working for them) sell our numbers to third-party number aggregators, who in turn sell them to telemarketers.

There has been a noticeable rise in spam calls right after I switched my Airtel connection. And once before immediately after I opened a Citibank account. Could just be a coincidence, but I doubt it.

Last edited by am1m : 24th July 2018 at 12:43.
Old 24th July 2018, 13:10   #11192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I think even the major service providers (or maybe one or two employees working for them) sell our numbers to third-party number aggregators, who in turn sell them to telemarketers.....
Oh I know they're all in on it, though plausible 'a few bad apples' deniability needs to be maintained to perpetuate the 'we respect your privacy' narrative.

I just try to avoid voluntarily signing up for spam (that's what retail loyalty programs are to me), but there are plenty of places where you legitimately need to provide your contact info (e.g. banks), who sell it on to spammers the moment you turn around to leave.
Old 24th July 2018, 23:53   #11193
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if Apple has a limit on the number of telephone numbers one can block. My block list is bigger than the actual contacts I have on the phone
Old 25th July 2018, 10:41   #11194
Team-BHP Support

Guys, how to cancel my auto-subscription for Apple Music? My account is auto deducted every month and I don't have any plans to use iOS devices or Apple music. [Happy with android & amazon music].

I have installed apple music on my android device but don't see from where to disable this, any help here..?
Old 25th July 2018, 10:52   #11195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Guys, how to cancel my auto-subscription for Apple Music? My account is auto deducted every month and I don't have any plans to use iOS devices or Apple music. [Happy with android & amazon music].

I have installed apple music on my android device but don't see from where to disable this, any help here..?
Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Tap on your Apple ID -> View Apple ID -> Subscriptions

Click on Apple Music to end it.
Old 25th July 2018, 11:42   #11196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Tap on your Apple ID -> View Apple ID -> Subscriptions

Click on Apple Music to end it.
These are the screens I get.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-screenshot_20180725114039.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-screenshot_20180725114047.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-screenshot_20180725114029.jpg  

Old 26th July 2018, 11:46   #11197
Team-BHP Support

Managed to cancel it. Had to go in user account and then its settings and then payment method.
Old 5th August 2018, 16:22   #11198
BHPian

Is anyone facing sudden shutdown with their respective iPhones? My year old 6s sometimes switches off all of a sudden, even while it has around 20% battery left. I have to plug the charger in before it could start again. This has happened around 2-3 times in the last 2 months.
Old 5th August 2018, 16:28   #11199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Is anyone facing sudden shutdown with their respective iPhones? My year old 6s sometimes switches off all of a sudden, even while it has around 20% battery left. I have to plug the charger in before it could start again. This has happened around 2-3 times in the last 2 months.
Seems like your battery is giving up, did you check the status of the battery under battery settings? Good thing you can get OE apple battery for about 2k INR at apple service centre now under battery replacement program.
Old 5th August 2018, 19:17   #11200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Seems like your battery is giving up, did you check the status of the battery under battery settings? Good thing you can get OE apple battery for about 2k INR at apple service centre now under battery replacement program.

I checked the battery health in the settings, and it shows 87% as maximum capacity.
Old 5th August 2018, 20:06   #11201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I face this issue when my 2.5 yr. old 5s. This happens when the battery levels are usually <15% and if something is battery hungry, such as Mobile Data. My battery wear level shows high and suggests me to change the battery.
Old 5th August 2018, 23:10   #11202
VSD
BHPian

Quote:

There is as official recall for fixing the iphone 6s batteries. Find the link on support.apple.com and type in your serial number to check if you are eligible for free of cost battery replacement. I got mine changed for free at an apple repair center in Delhi, even though the phone was 16months old and purchased from US.

VSD
Old 6th August 2018, 00:52   #11203
BHPian

My 6S battery was replaced under the recall in January 2018 after 2 years of use. I believe only 6S manufactured in September/October 2015 (The initial lot) were affected by this issue. But I guess if they diagnosis that your battery has exhausted the charge cycles, you can go in for a paid replacement. (~ Rs 2.2K)
Old 6th August 2018, 08:51   #11204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked the battery health in the settings, and it shows 87% as maximum capacity.
Not just the battery capacity but its ability to supply current as well. It is indeed the battery at fault here. Get it replaced and your phone will be as good as new. Same thing happened with my phone as well.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:00   #11205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Not just the battery capacity but its ability to supply current as well. It is indeed the battery at fault here. Get it replaced and your phone will be as good as new. Same thing happened with my phone as well.
Yeah, seems like battery issue. I am taking it to service center today. But as my phone is 14 months old now, I don't thing this will be dealt under warranty. Will have to pay for the replacement battery

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks