Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2018, 13:34   #11296
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
You are right. iOS 12 in my iPhone 6 works well and i feel the apps are faster than before.

However, I could not find this Measure app installed in my phone. Not sure of the reason.
Which iPhone are you on? I can see Measure app installed on iPhone 6s and above.
Old 19th September 2018, 09:20   #11297
Senior - BHPian

And finally, Gmaps is available on Apple car play.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-gmaps-carplay.jpg  

Old 19th September 2018, 09:40   #11298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
And finally, Gmaps is available on Apple car play.
Can you use Gmaps whilst you are driving? Or is it only when you are standstill?
Reason i ask, is the Apple car play in MB would not open Maps when in motion, citing safety issues. Has that changed now?
Old 19th September 2018, 11:11   #11299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Which iPhone are you on? I can see Measure app installed on iPhone 6s and above.
Measure App is not compatible with the Iphone 6. Here's what I found online:

It's a simple app that reliably measures linear distances, and obsoletes some of those early, simple AR measuring apps. Note that Measure requires ARKit, which is not supported on every device that runs iOS 12. You'll need an iPhone 6s or later, an iPad Pro, or a 2017 or later iPad.
Old 19th September 2018, 21:57   #11300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Can you use Gmaps whilst you are driving? Or is it only when you are standstill?
Reason i ask, is the Apple car play in MB would not open Maps when in motion, citing safety issues. Has that changed now?
Yup, very much you can use the maps.
On a lighter note Gmaps on car play is heaven sent for me since I am heavily dependent on it. I was about to ditch iOS for Android for the single reason of not able to use Gmaps on my car's HU. With this Apple for sure has retained some of it's customers.
Old 19th September 2018, 23:52   #11301
Team-BHP Support

Old 20th September 2018, 03:32   #11302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Yup, very much you can use the maps.
On a lighter note Gmaps on car play is heaven sent for me since I am heavily dependent on it. I was about to ditch iOS for Android for the single reason of not able to use Gmaps on my car's HU. With this Apple for sure has retained some of its customers.
Apple will have no problems retaining its customers because no matter what they sell and however they price it there is always a crowd to buy their products. It took them so many years to figure out they can group notifications! But hey its at least there now
Old 20th September 2018, 19:32   #11303
Senior - BHPian

For talking on mobile for long duration, I use the following handset.

https://www.amazon.in/Portronics-Pho.../dp/B0151KP9KE

Looks and feels just like real landline receiver. I have got strange looks seeing I am talking in a headset with wire going in my pants pockets! But the benefit of this is I can use the phone simultaneously, so I can refer to emails or messages while talking.

But here I face a peculiar problem. Whenever I end the call, somehow iphone decides it is music time, and starts playing music through the handset! Every time I have to pause it because music app is not even open in the background. How do I stop this behaviour?
Old 20th September 2018, 20:56   #11304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
But here I face a peculiar problem. Whenever I end the call, somehow iphone decides it is music time, and starts playing music through the handset! Every time I have to pause it because music app is not even open in the background. How do I stop this behaviour?

Have you upgraded your phone to the latest iOS? I had a similar problem on one of the iterations if 11.x. I don't have it now (I'm on 12 now, but I don't remember having this problem on 11.4.x).
Old 21st September 2018, 01:19   #11305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Have you upgraded your phone to the latest iOS? I had a similar problem on one of the iterations if 11.x. I don't have it now (I'm on 12 now, but I don't remember having this problem on 11.4.x).

I upgraded, and if I am correct, then this problem started with iOS 12!! I don't particularly remember it previously bugging me, but after upgrade I noticed it.
Old 21st September 2018, 01:31   #11306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I upgraded, and if I am correct, then this problem started with iOS 12!! I don't particularly remember it previously bugging me, but after upgrade I noticed it.

If I may ask, which iPhone do you use? I don't think this is a iOS 12 related problem. Although, if you upgraded from let's say 11.3.x (or earlier) to 12 directly, it might have carried forward the bug. I've iOS 12 on my 5S and 7 Plus and both don't have this problem.

You could backup your data and try a fresh install of iOS 12. See if that helps.

PS: have you tried any other headset and checked if this issue occurs?
Old 21st September 2018, 06:05   #11307
BHPian

Citibank India website has the following regarding iPhone Xs & Xs Max.

Quote:
Special offers on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max with Citi Credit Cards.

Get 5X reward points on non-emi purchase of iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max.
Get 5% cashback on emi purchase of 12 and 24 month tenor on iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max.
Offer applicable at select stores, and Airtel.in

Offer applicable for
Pre-orders from 00.00 hours on September 21st, 2018 to
17:59 Hours on September 28th, 2018.
Regular orders from 18.00 hours on September 28th, 2018 to 23:59 Hours on December 31st, 2018, both days inclusive.
The offer is valid for one transaction per card during the offer period at Airtel.in and two transactions per card for offline transactions.
This offer is valid until stocks last.
Stores Participating

So this time, Citibank is not offering flat 10k cashback as the did the previous few years.
Old 21st September 2018, 06:13   #11308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Citibank India website has the following regarding iPhone Xs & Xs Max.

Stores Participating

So this time, Citibank is not offering flat 10k cashback as the did the previous few years.

Oh come on! 5% is nothing on a 90k phone! Why is Citibank being suddenly so stingy? Not that i want to buy the Xs but was hoping to buy the Xr if Citibank gave out their usual 10k cashbacl. If they dont do the 10k cashback for Xs then they probably wont do it for the Xr as well. I hope Apple gets a very average response in India during launch which would then force them to come up with better cash back schemes!
Old 21st September 2018, 12:21   #11309
Senior - BHPian

What's the difference between xs and xr? I think both of them have dual sim ability. Is it with respect to only the size and the display?
Old 21st September 2018, 12:35   #11310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Is it with respect to only the size and the display?
Yes mainly the screen is different, don't think size difference will be noticeable. XR has a 326 ppi LCD screen (same as iPhone 4 like posted in the video above) XS has a OLED 458ppi screen.

Most Viewed