Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 12:31   #11416
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I haven't used this but bookmarked it when someone mentioned this on twitter a while back. 40USD so not a cheap solution.

https://www.tunesbro.com/phone-transfer.html
Old 24th October 2018, 12:39   #11417
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Whatsapp has a very good solution of backup and restore on iOS. Not sure if its the same on Android.
WhatsApp supports online backup and restore on both iOS and Android (iCloud and Google Drive resp.). The problem is there's no cross-platform support built-in, so one's either forced to resort to third-party solutions or start over.
Old 24th October 2018, 13:05   #11418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Any luck in this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
+1

Don't believe there is - did a lot of searching last year when I got S8; couldn't find a working solution. Finally had to dump what I had on the iPhone and resort to a fresh start.
Nope. None worked and hence resorted to a fresh start.

Quote:
Did you use the Move to iOS app from Apple in the Google Playstore?
Yes, but it doesnt include WhatsApp data.

Quote:
Whatsapp has a very good solution of backup and restore on iOS. Not sure if its the same on Android. If they use the same backup file format, you can try copying the backup file on to your icloud drive and restoring it from there.
With the latest versions, this doesnt work anymore.
Backups are with iCloud (iOS) and Google Drive (Android). No cross support
Old 24th October 2018, 13:09   #11419
Team-BHP Support

Re: iPhone X and conked 3D touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Do not worry. The integrity wont be compromised. They have a pretty comprehensive repair policy. If they think that it will be compromised, they will give you a new phone.

Infact I have a feeling that they will give you a new phone rather than repair it.
Update: They replaced screen and I took delivery yesterday. Have done a good job, can't make out it was serviced. Have purchased apple care and extended the warranty till November 2019. Costed 4399 INR on Amazon.
Old 25th October 2018, 10:44   #11420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Update: Have purchased apple care and extended the warranty till November 2019. Costed 4399 INR on Amazon.
Will this work on an iphone X purchased in USA and being used in India?
Old 25th October 2018, 11:02   #11421
BHPian

Is anyone using a screen protector or tempered glass on their iPhone X. I am inclined towards the Rhinoshield, but mightily confused whether to go for their impact protection screen protectors (front+back) or the 9H tempered glass (front only).
Old 25th October 2018, 11:54   #11422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Is anyone using a screen protector or tempered glass on their iPhone X. I am inclined towards the Rhinoshield, but mightily confused whether to go for their impact protection screen protectors (front+back) or the 9H tempered glass (front only).
I'm using tempered glass, front side only. Don't remember the name. For backside have not gone for any protection, started of using a normal back protector cover, now using apple original flip cover.

Now there are other ways too, just check out. Recently I saw at a stall, where they laminate the phone, it costs upside of 3k for both side. It is as good as tempered glass protection.
Old 25th October 2018, 13:41   #11423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Now there are other ways too, just check out. Recently I saw at a stall, where they laminate the phone, it costs upside of 3k for both side. It is as good as tempered glass protection.
On the same lines, chosen the 9H tempered glass to the front and Screen Protector to the back. There is also a backskin which is much cheaper to keep the scratches away. Will all these be a best bet under 3K?
Old 25th October 2018, 13:52   #11424
Team-BHP Support

I normally use the iPhone without any case or screen protector, the old 5s is holding good, and so is my daughter's 7. I feel the screen protector takes away a lot from the screen experience. When I got the X, I put a back-case though to protect the rear glass.

Meanwhile, XR's reviews are really good and looks much more affordable compared to the XS or XS Max.
Old 25th October 2018, 14:39   #11425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I normally use the iPhone without any case or screen protector
I too have never used a case till 6+. But the iPX is all together in a different league, be it the front and back glass or the super slippery side walls. Do not want to take a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
When I got the X, I put a back-case though to protect the rear glass.
Which case is it. Mind sharing the link.
Old 25th October 2018, 15:01   #11426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry, I did not have the brand name - got it from the shop next to my office here. Couple of pictures below

The iPhone Thread-ipxcase1.jpg
The iPhone Thread-ipxcase2.jpg
Old 25th October 2018, 15:53   #11427
BHPian

Quote:
I too have never used a case till 6+. But the iPX is all together in a different league, be it the front and back glass or the super slippery side walls. Do not want to take a chance
Have been using this case for my iPhone X

iPhone X Case

The iPhone Thread-x.jpg

My brother is using this case for his XS Max.
This case makes the phone bulky but one advantage is that screen protector is not required since it is a full body case.
Unable to find similar case for the X

XS Max Case

The iPhone Thread-xsm.jpg
Old 25th October 2018, 17:01   #11428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Will this work on an iphone X purchased in USA and being used in India?
It should work as Apple has international warranty. I recently got Ipad from Canada and purchased extended warranty (100 CAD) and I was told by Apple customer care agent that I can use the extended warranty in India or anywhere in the world.
Old 25th October 2018, 17:55   #11429
BHPian

Coming to the topic of International warranty, I tried finding it on the Apple Warranty Pages and couldn't find any reference. Can someone point it out?
Secondly, I also read that only the models (for e.g. A1688 , etc etc,) that are common to the region claiming warranty are serviced. Till iPhone X, the Models in US and India were common, however the Xs/Max model sold in USA and India are different, thus won't be serviceable. This again is a forum read fact and not verified.
Old 25th October 2018, 18:18   #11430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have used Cases from Otterbox for all my iPhones for the last 5-6 years. They offer excellent protection and none of my phones have got damaged or anything like that in spite of drops. They end up looking bulky though, but its a trade off of function over form.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks