Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2018, 18:46   #11266
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Hey, anyone knows about the price of Apple Watch Series-4 here in India? I checked the website for the price and could not find one

Also, considering new iPhones are launched I am keeping an eye out for the iPhoneX to get offers/discounts

drive_angry

Last edited by drive_angry : 13th September 2018 at 18:48.
Old 13th September 2018, 20:28   #11267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hey, anyone knows about the price of Apple Watch Series-4 here in India? I checked the website for the price and could not find one
iWatch Series 4 prices for India are not yet announced. But looking at the phone prices(₹100 per $1), the GPS version should be ₹39,900 and GPS + Cellular version should be ₹49,900

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 13th September 2018 at 20:43.
Old 13th September 2018, 21:21   #11268
Senior - BHPian

Insane pricing. Never ever buying an iPhone from India. This is crazy. I am sure Tim Cook has a separate pricing session with the Apple India and the meeting starts with "So by how much do we want to push our luck this time."
Old 13th September 2018, 21:37   #11269
BHPian

If Samsung can sell a $1000 note 9 at 67-68k then why does Apple sell a $1000 IPhone for 100k. All these stories about duties, taxes etc are an eyewash.

Does Samsung get some special rebate on taxes that Apple does not? This kind of pricing is completely unexpected from a company which is losing out heavily in the Indian market and had recently said that they need to retook at their Indian operations. But this pricing shows that they obviously don't know how to go about it
Old 13th September 2018, 21:40   #11270
Senior - BHPian

Iphone 7 costs $449, and on paytm, after cashback, it comes at Rs.35,000. Almost at the same cost as abroad. So on paytm after cashback, the costs are somewhat comparable.
Old 13th September 2018, 22:34   #11271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
iWatch Series 4 prices for India are not yet announced. But looking at the phone prices(₹100 per $1), the GPS version should be ₹39,900 and GPS + Cellular version should be ₹49,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Insane pricing. Never ever buying an iPhone from India. This is crazy. I am sure Tim Cook has a separate pricing session with the Apple India and the meeting starts with "So by how much do we want to push our luck this time."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
If Samsung can sell a $1000 note 9 at 67-68k then why does Apple sell a $1000 IPhone for 100k. All these stories about duties, taxes etc are an eyewash.

Does Samsung get some special rebate on taxes that Apple does not? This kind of pricing is completely unexpected from a company which is losing out heavily in the Indian market and had recently said that they need to retook at their Indian operations. But this pricing shows that they obviously don't know how to go about it
Check the prices in UK and European nations like Germany, France, Italy etc. You might suddenly start to appreciate Indian prices even at almost 100 rupees per dollar

Last edited by roamer012 : 13th September 2018 at 22:37.
Old 13th September 2018, 23:06   #11272
BHPian

Ellen does a funny take on the iWatch & iPhone.
Old 14th September 2018, 01:06   #11273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

Actually, Samsung does kind of get a rebate in taxation as it manufactures it’s devices in India itself. They have bet huge on the Indian market and their prices reflect that. They recently opened an amazing showroom cum public space in Bangalore. Their largest in the world, IIRC.
Old 14th September 2018, 02:26   #11274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

XS and XS Max are good phones, except for these insane prices!

You know what? I'll go back to my iPhone 5S, sell my 7+ and buy a new Canon 6D Mark II. Phone ka phone, camera ka camera

Apple seriously needs to reevaluate their pricing in India, unless of course they don't want people to buy their phones.
Old 14th September 2018, 05:48   #11275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Also, considering new iPhones are launched I am keeping an eye out for the iPhoneX to get offers/discounts

drive_angry
I read somewhere that they will not sell the iPhone X as it costs too much to make and the profits would be too slim with a dropped price.
Old 14th September 2018, 07:12   #11276
Senior - BHPian

So I was just comparing the specs of the new iPhone Xr and the 8 plus.
From a camera and display point of view the 8 Plus actually has better specs! With the prices coming down, I feel that if someone can live with the size of the 8 plus, then its actually a better deal than the Xr.

My wife has the 8 plus, she has been using it for nearly an year now, and its sort of been the default camera for us since then. In any case we are not photograph enthusiasts and used to carry a basic point and shoot Nikon around, but then the 8 plus has made that obsolete!

I have my eyes firmly set on the Xr purely for the dual sim functionality. Lets hope there are some Citibank cash back offers in the first week, else its almost impossible buy it!
Old 14th September 2018, 07:58   #11277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Apple seriously needs to reevaluate their pricing in India, unless of course they don't want people to buy their phones.
Its not just India, the iPhone prices are on insane levels almost everywhere. In many markets people won’t feel the pinch upfront due to the plans offered by telco providers.

I see myself sticking to the Pixel 2 as the personal phone, and probably get a X/XS/XR if office offers it as an upgrade towards end of the year
Old 14th September 2018, 10:30   #11278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
Actually, Samsung does kind of get a rebate in taxation as it manufactures it’s devices in India itself.
And they use their in-house Exynos chipset here in India, which works out cheaper for them.
Old 14th September 2018, 13:27   #11279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Insane pricing. Never ever buying an iPhone from India. "

Seriously. I asked my cousin to get an iP8+256 this Jan for my wife, when she was coming and it turned out to be astronomically cheaper at 64000 odd ( or 67000 can't remember). And the best part was, I purchased it online using my card, so no trouble of purchasing unofficial USD to reimburse the carrier ( person traveling), etc etc .

Quote:
I read somewhere that they will not sell the iPhone X as it costs too much to make and the profits would be too slim with a dropped price.

Paytm has already started giving a 10000 Cashback, effective price being 82000. Indian retailers will be having stocks for atleast 3-4 months till they exhaust. So potential buyers of "X' can make merry :-)
I myself am looking for a barely used Silver one within 40000.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 14th September 2018 at 13:31.
Old 15th September 2018, 03:19   #11280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Seriously. I asked my cousin to get an iP8+256 this Jan for my wife, when she was coming and it turned out to be astronomically cheaper at 64000 odd ( or 67000 can't remember). And the best part was, I purchased it online using my card, so no trouble of purchasing unofficial USD to reimburse the carrier ( person traveling), etc etc .
Did you purchase from the US? Did you ship or was it picked up?

I was considering purchasing online with a friend picking up. However they state a government ID is required to pickup the device, which my friend won't be able to produce (I am assuming it is a US government issued ID).

I can also get it delivered but would prefer it to be in person since he will be travelling.

Most Viewed