Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 19:43   #11221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Its free everywhere else in the world. Why do you have to pay Rs.2k in IND?

I think there was a free battery replacement program for a few batches of iphone 6s. Sadly mine did not qualify for that. I checked on apple's website before visiting the service centre.
Old 7th August 2018, 12:05   #11222
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Is that so? I thought it was subsidized program world over. Free is only if the phone is under warranty.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/ipho.../battery-power

This is what they did.
I don't know - we just walked into the Apple shop after taking an appointment and got it back after 3 days. I don't remember paying anything, but it was last year & my memory isn't what it used to be.
Old 8th August 2018, 23:09   #11223
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My 3 months old iphone X conked off and Apple India is refusing to honour the warranty, falsely accusing me of changing the internals. Anyone able to support in pushing Apple to take up this case seriously? Else my last resort is to go to consumer forum.
Old 9th August 2018, 00:11   #11224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
My 3 months old iphone X conked off and Apple India is refusing to honour the warranty, falsely accusing me of changing the internals. Anyone able to support in pushing Apple to take up this case seriously? Else my last resort is to go to consumer forum.

Would you like to narrate the whole incident please. I haven't heard such case before. Normally apple is great with its after sales service. Did you get your iPhone opened even once from outside? And what made them say that you changed the internals?
Old 9th August 2018, 06:31   #11225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I think there was a free battery replacement program for a few batches of iphone 6s. Sadly mine did not qualify for that. I checked on apple's website before visiting the service centre.
I was in the same boat when I walked into Apple store. They told me that they will charge $39 for the repair but when it came out, they said as a goodwill gesture they have decided to change it under warranty and did not charge me a penny. I think the consumer laws and how they are applied here played as much part as Apple wanting to be seen as a customer centric company.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 9th August 2018 at 06:32.
Old 9th August 2018, 09:52   #11226
Team-BHP Support

Got the battery replacement done yesterday for my 6. Luckily the battery was in stock so gave my phone at 1 and got it back at 4. Cost: 2k.

I've been contemplating a new phone for a while now; considering my phone is 3.5 years old. However, some recent discussion prompted me to keep this phone until 5G phones are out. Hence, the decision to get the battery replaced.

With a new battery and a hard reset, the phone is as good as new.
Old 9th August 2018, 11:49   #11227
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Would you like to narrate the whole incident please. I haven't heard such case before. Normally apple is great with its after sales service. Did you get your iPhone opened even once from outside? And what made them say that you changed the internals?
I have just prepared my complaint letter and pasting the relevant contents below for understanding:

3. The complainant is the resident of the above said address and the complainant had purchased the Apple iPhone X model MQA62HN/A Silver 64 GB, IMEI No. ___________, Serial No. __________ from Opposite Party’s Authorised Reseller - ARJAY Retail iAstra, No. 97/2A, Varthur Main Road, Marathahalli, Bangalore 560037 for Rs 84,000/- on 12/04/2018. Copy of the invoice has been attached in Annexure A

4. The said device was covered under Opposite Party’s limited warranty coverage as detailed on https://support.apple.com

5. The Complainant updated the said device to Public Beta Version iOS 12 via OTA, released by Opposite Party in India on June 27, 2018. The Complainant followed due process of enrolling his apple ID _______________ for iOS Public Beta installation which was done after downloading the configuration profile and installing the OTA update. The process has been detailed by Opposite Party on https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

6. After the above update, the Complainant was unable to optimally use the said device due to the inherent software bugs in Public Beta iOS 12 and decided to visit the Opposite Party’s Authorised Service Centre situated at Aptronix, #87, Ground Floor, Almas Centre, MG Road, Bangalore 560001 on July 17, 2018 around 4.00 PM to have the iOS downgraded to iOS 11. Important point to note is that the device was in working condition at the time and also covered under warranty. The device did not have any physical damage to it either.

7. The said device was accepted by the service centre in working condition without any physical damage. It was communicated by the service centre to the Complainant that the iOS downgrade would be performed within 20 minutes

8. After 20 minutes, the service centre stated to the Complainant that the device could not be restored and was stuck in iTunes. The Complainant was offered a resolution by the service centre of submitting the device for inspection by Opposite Party’s office, which was accepted by the Complainant. Since the device was covered under warranty, the expected charges mentioned on the service report were NIL. The service report receipt generated is attached in Annexure B.

9. The Complainant tried calling the opposite party’s service centre multiple times on the number (9182562146) provided on the service report receipt which was not answered between July 18, 2018 to July 22, 2018.

10. Unable to get a response on the phone, the Complainant personally visited the service centre to enquire about the status on 23 July 2018. The service centre was unable to provide a satisfactory status update to the Complainant and mentioned that the case is being diagnosed by Apple India engineers. The service centre asked the Complainant to revisit the service centre on July 26, 2018

11. On July 26, 2018, the Complainant revisited the service centre but was not provided with a satisfactory update on the repair status. The Complainant left on an assurance of the service centre to communicate the update by July 27, 2018

12. On July 27, 2018, the service centre called the Complainant and reassured that Opposite Party was still working on the case and final status would be made available on or before July 30, 2018

13. On July 30, 2018, the service centre called the Complainant to communicate that Opposite Party had refused servicing the said device claiming the internals were damaged beyond economic repair and the Complainant was asked to contact Apple Toll Free Number 080010 09009 for further assistance in the case

14. On July 30, 2018, the Complainant called the Opposite Party’s Toll Free Number 080010 09009 for obtaining more clarity on the case. The call was attended by a junior service advisor and then redirected to a senior service advisor by the name of Ms Seyda. Ms Syeda informed the Complainant that necessary enquiry would be made into the case and the Complainant will be called back the same day i.e. July 30, 2018 with an update by 8.30 PM. The Case ID registered was 100599825063, the email from Apple India confirming the same is attached in Annexure C

15. The Complainant waited for a call from Opposite Party’s representative, Ms Syeda between July 30, 2018 and August 1, 2018. During this period, the Complainant also called the provided direct extension of Opposite Part’s representative Ms Syeda, three (3) times and recorded a message on the answering machine with the case ID and call back number. These calls remained unanswered and unattended by the Opposite Party.

16. The Complainant wrote an email to Opposite Party at bangalore_admin@apple.com on August 2, 2018 requesting for a revert. Opposite Party’s system automatically responded this email, requesting the Complainant to contact its Toll Free Number only. A copy of this email communication is attached in Annexure D.

17. The Complainant decided to call the Opposite Party’s Toll Free Number 080010 09009 again on August 3, 2018. This time the call was
attended to by Opposite Party’s senior advisor, Mr Hanish (0008000401217 extn. 8935010), who assured the Complainant that necessary action shall be taken and a response shall be provided by August 7, 2018. A copy of the email communication received by the Complainant is attached in Annexure E

18. As expected, Opposite Party failed again to provide any concrete response to the Complainant within the promised period and that is when the Complainant decided to contact its Toll Free Number 080010 09009 again on August 08, 2018. This time the call was attended by the Opposite Party’s representative Ms Aisha, who communicated to the Complainant that as per the investigations conducted by the Opposite Party, the said device is beyond economic repair and Opposite Party shall not be able to repair or replace the device under warranty

19. On August 08, 2018, the Complainant collected the device from Opposite Party’s service centre in non-working condition. Even after requesting, the Complainant was not provided any acknowledgment or detailed report confirming the scrutiny done by Opposite Party and confirming the condition of device being returned

Last edited by abhjain : 9th August 2018 at 11:51.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:08   #11228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I have just prepared my complaint letter and pasting the relevant contents below for understanding:
I read through the details and believe that you have a fair case on your hands.
Taking into account the lack of communication from Apple so far, this has to be taken forward via the courts.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:51   #11229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Got the battery replacement done yesterday for my 6.
Would this be applicable for the cost of 2k for the SE as well? Do they verify any battery serial #s before doing this replacement?

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 10th August 2018, 09:59   #11230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Would this be applicable for the cost of 2k for the SE as well? Do they verify any battery serial #s before doing this replacement?

Cheers,
Vijay
A quick Google search said SE is eligible. They run a diagnostic test on the phone (by connecting it to their Mac) which tells whether the battery has degraded enough for a replacement under the program.
Old 10th August 2018, 14:00   #11231
BHPian

Hi..
Recently I bought a watch3 with GPS & Cellular model from HK. Many folks mentioned iWatch from HK is working seamlessly in India with Airtel connection. But for me its not the case. I am not getting incoming call notification when watch is away from phone, but connected through LTE. I am able to make calls though. If anybody had faced this issue, please let me know the solution to resolve. Called Apple support and they directed me to service provider.

Thanks in Adv.
Old 15th August 2018, 23:04   #11232
Senior - BHPian

Is there an app which can access iphone on ipad? I would like to see the photos in my iphone on ipad, and delete the non-required ones, without downloading the. Sort of like remote access of iphone. It is not easy to select good photos on a 4 inch screen of iphone.
Old 16th August 2018, 10:18   #11233
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is there an app which can access iphone on ipad? I would like to see the photos in my iphone on ipad, and delete the non-required ones, without downloading the. Sort of like remote access of iphone. It is not easy to select good photos on a 4 inch screen of iphone.

As far as I know, you have two options:

1. Upload all the photos into your iCloud Photo Library which can be accessed from your iPhone and manage them accordingly. Both the devices should have same iTunes account and photo sharing must be turned on.

2. TeamViewer (Remote Access): This app is available on App Store for free. Basically in this app you can set up attended/unattended access to iPhone/iPad/PC or any android device. Basically it's like accessing you phone via internet from another device (can be a non iOS device also).

3. Access your photos from computer via data cable. This is an old school method but still is the most preferred way of sorting things out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Last edited by drive_angry : 16th August 2018 at 10:21.
Old 16th August 2018, 12:19   #11234
BHPian

Is there a reliable automatic call recording app for iPhone (paid or free)?
Old 16th August 2018, 12:25   #11235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Is there a reliable automatic call recording app for iPhone (paid or free)?

I am actually looking for the same for quite a while now and I have reached the following conclusion.

All the call recording options for iOS are paid. They make you install 3rd party VOIP app and lets you record via that.

The other option is the jailbreak your iPhone and install call recording app via cydia. That's totally free. Currently iOS till 11.2 can be jailbroken.

Cheers!

Most Viewed