Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2018, 19:04   #11071
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,679
Thanked: 2,676 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Is there any way to stitch the live movies together? This would create a nice montage of 1 second clips. I tried google's app but it is quiet glitch-y.
ani_meher is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 09:19   #11072
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 12,586
Thanked: 7,749 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Model: iPhone SE 32gb, purchased Aug-2017

Problem: automatically goes into silent mode after may be 4-5 days of last reboot. So there are no rings / alerts for messages or calls. The silent-mode button/slider looks ok, because when this happens, the sliding button looks to be at the top (correct ) position.

Any idea what could be the problem ?

I have not upgraded to latest iOS. Would like to try for a solution without this upgrade.

Temp fix: power-cycle the phone.
condor is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 09:40   #11073
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,795
Thanked: 1,831 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Model: iPhone SE 32gb, purchased Aug-2017

Problem: automatically goes into silent mode after may be 4-5 days of last reboot. So there are no rings / alerts for messages or calls. The silent-mode button/slider looks ok, because when this happens, the sliding button looks to be at the top (correct ) position.

Any idea what could be the problem ?

I have not upgraded to latest iOS. Would like to try for a solution without this upgrade.

Temp fix: power-cycle the phone.
Happened with me once.
I reset all settings, and it worked for me.
akshay4587 is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 09:44   #11074
BHPian
 
feluda86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 145
Thanked: 371 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

My wife's iPhone SE keeps freezing on screen (especially after a long call). It is currently running 11.3 but this problem is there since 11.2.1 I believe. The only way to power down the device or to get it to respond under such a case is by holding power and home buttons together. Nothing else works.
I have been using iphones since iphone 4 but have never faced such "Android" like issues. This is slowly getting to a stage where iOS becomes a deal breaker for the iPhone.
feluda86 is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 12:01   #11075
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 456
Thanked: 454 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
My wife's iPhone SE keeps freezing on screen (especially after a long call). This is slowly getting to a stage where iOS becomes a deal breaker for the iPhone.
This sounds more of a hardware failure problem. Is it under warranty? Take it to a service centre and reproduce the issue there.
riteshritesh is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 12:10   #11076
BHPian
 
feluda86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 145
Thanked: 371 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
This sounds more of a hardware failure problem. Is it under warranty? Take it to a service centre and reproduce the issue there.

The occurrence is fairly random. I will perform a DFU restore and then if the issue happens again will take to a service centre. I am fairly certain it's an iOS issue as I can correlate the time when it started.
feluda86 is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 12:11   #11077
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 5,297
Thanked: 8,157 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Oh, boy. iOS 11.3.1 in the making given the many bugs in iOS 11.3

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#56bdf1794b3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
Any of you updated 11.3 update in IP6 ? Is it the same usual story of phone getting slower or any other degraded performances ? Iam currently with 11.0.3 and quite happy. Battery life is the best I enjoy in my phone , so dont want to loose out !
I did on my 3+ year old 6 and there's no noticeable change.

On the Battery Health app, it says the (stock) battery is now at 79% and it continues to support peak performance.
libranof1987 is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 12:45   #11078
BHPian
 
amansanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Berlin
Posts: 446
Thanked: 694 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is there any way to stitch the live movies together? This would create a nice montage of 1 second clips. I tried google's app but it is quiet glitch-y.
The best app to stitch videos on iPhone would be iMovie. Very easy to use and gives plenty of other editing options too.
amansanc is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 14:09   #11079
BHPian
 
Raj_RD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 47
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

After updating to 11.3 my iPhone se keeps getting disconnected from WiFi. Anyone had this problem before?
Raj_RD is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 14:24   #11080
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 12,586
Thanked: 7,749 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Happened with me once.
I reset all settings, and it worked for me.
Was that a factory reset - and restore from backup ?
condor is offline  
Old 6th April 2018, 14:41   #11081
BHPian
 
HappyRoadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 508
Thanked: 259 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was that a factory reset - and restore from backup ?
When you reset settings no data is lost. Its just that you have to re enter the password if your wifi network has one. It just resets the settings so your data is completely safe.
HappyRoadie is offline  
Old 9th April 2018, 19:38   #11082
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Samba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,582
Thanked: 13,366 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Need help

I have a Iphone 6s. Yesterday i updated it to ios 11.3. After the update the phone is not getting detected by my computer under my pc. Its getting detected by itunes. I can take backups and sync the phone with itunes too.

For remedy i visited several websites and did the following-

Reboot both my laptop and phone.
Reinstall apple device manager.
Check the drivers.
When i connected with the laptop, i made sure my phone is unlocked.

But none worked.

I use windows 10 in my laptop. In the same laptop my old Iphone 4s is easily getting detected. Even before updating the 6s to ios 11.3, i never had any issues.

Last edited by Samba : 9th April 2018 at 19:49.
Samba is online now  
Old 10th April 2018, 10:55   #11083
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9,029
Thanked: 6,922 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Need help

I have a Iphone 6s. Yesterday i updated it to ios 11.3. After the update the phone is not getting detected by my computer under my pc. Its getting detected by itunes. I can take backups and sync the phone with itunes too.

For remedy i visited several websites and did the following-

Reboot both my laptop and phone.
Reinstall apple device manager.
Check the drivers.
When i connected with the laptop, i made sure my phone is unlocked.

But none worked.

I use windows 10 in my laptop. In the same laptop my old Iphone 4s is easily getting detected. Even before updating the 6s to ios 11.3, i never had any issues.
Samba, can you try on a different laptop/PC and see if you can access the phone content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was that a factory reset - and restore from backup ?
Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
This will restore all settings back to default. No loss of data though. Might have to re-enter all saved passwords etc.
benbsb29 is offline  
Old 10th April 2018, 11:20   #11084
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 282
Thanked: 549 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Need help

I have a Iphone 6s. Yesterday i updated it to ios 11.3. After the update the phone is not getting detected by my computer under my pc. Its getting detected by itunes. I can take backups and sync the phone with itunes too.

For remedy i visited several websites and did the following-

Reboot both my laptop and phone.
Reinstall apple device manager.
Check the drivers.
When i connected with the laptop, i made sure my phone is unlocked.

But none worked.

I use windows 10 in my laptop. In the same laptop my old Iphone 4s is easily getting detected. Even before updating the 6s to ios 11.3, i never had any issues.

I faced this issue too once, a long while back.

Request you to follow the steps given by the user JOhn at this link :

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...er+as+a+device

The only drawback that I observed is when a colleague of mine suffered the same issue, but on applying this fix, the phone was not then being recognized by iTunes, whereas for me it fixed the issue perfectly. Had to then follow another set of instructions to get it recognized from iTunes. His phone was being recognized either by PC or by iTunes, whereas mine worked fine post troubleshooting.


If that happens with you, you can then follow the steps listed by user jennywang1008 on the same link.


Let me know if this helps
akhil994 is offline  
Old 10th April 2018, 12:19   #11085
Senior - BHPian
 
BenjiRoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tamilnadu
Posts: 1,034
Thanked: 1,109 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Does the iPhone 6 still make sense for the present price of about 22500 on Amazon? Or I'd it too outdated. The comparable price Android phone seems to be be Moto x4
BenjiRoss is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks