Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2018, 12:38   #11236
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
I am actually looking for the same for quite a while now and I have reached the following conclusion.

All the call recording options for iOS are paid. They make you install 3rd party VOIP app and lets you record via that.

The other option is the jailbreak your iPhone and install call recording app via cydia. That's totally free. Currently iOS till 11.2 can be jailbroken.

Cheers!
Thanks for the info. I am not willing to jailbreak the phone and that VOIP solution is quite tedious and not worth it. Guess have to wait till some worthy app is released.
Old 25th August 2018, 22:58   #11237
BHPian

Is there a way (other than paying for 3rd party software) to transfer whatsapp chat (along with media files) from android to iphone?
Getting an SE and starting out on ios.
Old 26th August 2018, 17:36   #11238
BHPian

^ By the lack of response, it seems transfer of whatsapp history is impossible

Another curious thing, i have an airtel 4G sim on my SE and don't see an option to set it to 2G for voice. Anyone on airtel and able to achieve this?
Old 26th August 2018, 17:59   #11239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post

Another curious thing, i have an airtel 4G sim on my SE and don't see an option to set it to 2G for voice. Anyone on airtel and able to achieve this?
If you've a 4G SIM, then you would not see an option to go to 2G mode. It's either 3G or 4G if I recall correctly.
Old 26th August 2018, 19:28   #11240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way (other than paying for 3rd party software) to transfer whatsapp chat (along with media files) from android to iphone? Getting an SE and starting out on ios.
Quote:
I used this app and it worked beautifully. It's not free though.

https://www.backuptrans.com/android-...-transfer.html
Old 27th August 2018, 06:23   #11241
BHPian

Quote:
Backup WhatsApp chat to Google drive and then restore backup on new iPhone. Have done this couple of times across platforms and phones. Takes time though but works seemlessly.
Old 27th August 2018, 08:03   #11242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Backup WhatsApp chat to Google drive and then restore backup on new iPhone. Have done this couple of times across platforms and phones. Takes time though but works seemlessly.

I don't see any option to backup to google drive on iPhone. Only iCloud.
Old 27th August 2018, 08:34   #11243

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

There is no option to backup WhatsApp chats and media to google drive on iPhone. But you can still do it on the android phone and then while setting up Whatsapp on the iPhone for the first time it will ask if you want to restore the backup from google drive.
Old 27th August 2018, 09:15   #11244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

Solution was provided for transferring WhatsApp chat data from Android to iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
There is no option to backup WhatsApp chats and media to google drive on iPhone. But you can still do it on the android phone and then while setting up Whatsapp on the iPhone for the first time it will ask if you want to restore the backup from google drive.

+1, thanks for sorting this out.
Old 27th August 2018, 09:38   #11245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
If you've a 4G SIM, then you would not see an option to go to 2G mode. It's either 3G or 4G if I recall correctly.
Dayyumm! on my android with the same SIM i was able to choose 2G. Will talking to an airtel rep help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I used this app and it worked beautifully. It's not free though.

https://www.backuptrans.com/android-...-transfer.html
Since i dont have anything of any value on whatsapp, don't think i will choose the paid route. But thanks anyway, this tip might help others who definitely NEED to transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
Tried this on SE with ios11.4 and no it didn't give the option to restore on first launch after installing whatsapp. I had earlier backed up to google drive on my android device and powered down that device.
Old 27th August 2018, 13:03   #11246
BHPian

Quote:

Voice is either on No 'G' ( the old time mobile network over 850/900/1800 mhz frequency)or LTE. There is no Voice on 3G.

So when you choose inside Settings>Mobile Data> Mobile data options> Enable 4G> Data Only, then voice will not be over LTE. Whereas when you choose 4G for both Voice & Data, if LTE is available, voice will be over that, else over the default 900/1800 mHz frequency that transmits voice, automatically.
Old 27th August 2018, 13:42   #11247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Voice is either on No 'G' ( the old time mobile network over 850/900/1800 mhz frequency)or LTE. There is no Voice on 3G.

So when you choose inside Settings>Mobile Data> Mobile data options> Enable 4G> Data Only, then voice will not be over LTE. Whereas when you choose 4G for both Voice & Data, if LTE is available, voice will be over that, else over the default 900/1800 mHz frequency that transmits voice, automatically.
Actually voice does go on both 2G and 3G. It goes on 4G only if VoLTE is available in your area with your network provider.
Old 27th August 2018, 14:37   #11248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Actually voice does go on both 2G and 3G.

As far as my understanding went and going by logic,Voice and Data were separate during GPRS, EDGE and 3G days. Which is why one could switch off Data, and Voice would still work as they were independent of each other.
Now with VoLTE, one can have both the options, Voice over LTE or a fall back on old Voice technology ( which jio doesn't have), if VoLTE is unavailable.
Thus, the claim of a clearer, faster connection over VoLTE by service providers, compared to traditional voice calls.
Old 27th August 2018, 15:15   #11249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dayyumm! on my android with the same SIM i was able to choose 2G. Will talking to an airtel rep help?
Unless they're willing to give you a 2/3G SIM, I doubt they'd be able to help your situation
Old 27th August 2018, 19:54   #11250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
As far as my understanding went and going by logic,Voice and Data were separate during GPRS, EDGE and 3G days. Which is why one could switch off Data, and Voice would still work as they were independent of each other.
Now with VoLTE, one can have both the options, Voice over LTE or a fall back on old Voice technology ( which jio doesn't have), if VoLTE is unavailable.
Thus, the claim of a clearer, faster connection over VoLTE by service providers, compared to traditional voice calls.
They were separate but 2G can transmit data or voice (not both at the same time) but 3G can transmit both at the same time, your net doesnt disconnect while taking a call if you have 3G

Most Viewed