Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 07:01   #10486
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Is this locked to the Jio number or can you buy via Jio and use on another phone?
Phone is not locked to jio and you can use any operator. Just that the buy back price is guaranteed only if you use jio number for 1 year and with 799 monthly iPhone plan.

If you want to use any other operator a similar plan on Flipkart would be better
The iPhone Thread-a21f6592c85044bfa2ab5e4a5c519561.jpeg
Old 29th September 2017, 16:42   #10487
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

I updated my IP 6 to the iOS 11.0.1 and I see drastic drain in battery ! Battery life was one thing I was loving in my phone and it is a trouble now. Also coincidentally I see my exchange mail box not working properly always prompting for password though I enter it right ! Dont know whether this is related to latest update but just want to check with others too .. I did not do a restore through iTunes as many suggested , did a plain OTA one .

Last edited by vishnana : 29th September 2017 at 16:46.
Old 29th September 2017, 17:33   #10488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
I updated my IP 6 to the iOS 11.0.1 and I see drastic drain in battery ! Battery life was one thing I was loving in my phone and it is a trouble now. Also coincidentally I see my exchange mail box not working properly always prompting for password though I enter it right ! Dont know whether this is related to latest update but just want to check with others too .. I did not do a restore through iTunes as many suggested , did a plain OTA one .
Delete the email id and set it up again. The .0.1 update actually fixed this very issue you are facing.

For the battery issue, do a reset network settings and see if it helps.
Old 30th September 2017, 00:13   #10489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Delete the email id and set it up again. The .0.1 update actually fixed this very issue you are facing.

For the battery issue, do a reset network settings and see if it helps.

For the email I already set it up 2 times , but still nothing positive . Yes .0.1 is suppose to fix this - if I understood well .
On network reset - I will do ! Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 02:11   #10490
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to trim the middle portion of a video on iPhone? I tried searching few apps, but couldn't find any.
Old 30th September 2017, 03:11   #10491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is there any way to trim the middle portion of a video on iPhone? I tried searching few apps, but couldn't find any.
Use any video app to trim the beginning and the end and then merge them as one. This is if you want to remove the middle bit.
Old 2nd October 2017, 15:56   #10492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
I updated my IP 6 to the iOS 11.0.1 and I see drastic drain in battery ! Battery life was one thing I was loving in my phone and it is a trouble now.
Battery life has become terrible for me with iPhone 7. Within 6-7 hours of full charging, its falls well below 40% (more drain for me since its always connected to Watch). Battery life prior to iOS 11 was much better. Hope Apple fixes the problem soon.

Regarding mailbox, I haven't faced such problem. However, I would recommend you should give Outlook app a try. It also supports touch ID.
Old 2nd October 2017, 16:12   #10493
Team-BHP Support

Possible battery issues with iPhone 8? Under investigations after two cases have been reported - one in Taiwan and one in Japan.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technol.../1059819.html?
Old 2nd October 2017, 21:23   #10494
BHPian

I too updated to the latest iOS 11.0.1, and how I regret that I should have checked this thread before doing so. The battery life is now drastically reduced. Before the update, the battery would only reduce by 2-3% over the night. But post update, it gets reduced by 20-25%!!
Old 2nd October 2017, 21:26   #10495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I too updated to the latest iOS 11.0.1, and how I regret that I should have checked this thread before doing so. The battery life is now drastically reduced. Before the update, the battery would only reduce by 2-3% over the night. But post update, it gets reduced by 20-25%!!

Please perform a factory reset (restore) using iTunes. Also, the new control centre does not actually turn off wifi and bluetooth, but just disconnects active connections. So please check that.
Old 2nd October 2017, 21:31   #10496
Team-BHP Support

Been using my iphone 6 for a while now. Its worked perfectly all this while, though it has ben slowing signs of slowing with some apps the last few months.

Ios 11 was fine, it was a bit slower but nothing to trouble me. Ios 11.0.1 has just ruined the phone. Apps keep crashing. In years of owning iphones they might have totally crashed on me twice, where I've had to restart. With this friggin update, since yesterday its crashed on me 20 times +. Apps hang, home button and power buttons stop responding, calls don't go through.

I couldn't handle it anymore, ordered an iphone 8 today, expected on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll manage not to throw my iphone at a wall till then.
Old 2nd October 2017, 21:34   #10497
Distinguished - BHPian

And the control center does not sync the volume control so well with the buttons. If I change ringer volume using the control center and then via the buttons, the two indications are separate and are not synchronized. If you pull up control center and then change volume on the buttons only, the indication in control center doesnt change at all. I am not sure which one takes priority and decides ringer volume. I am not sure how a company like Apple can let out such stupid bugs into open market.

Also, another difference that actually matters to me is the change in camera color balance. Earlier, the images taken on my iPhone was as accurate in color representation as what I could see in real life. This is especially true in the color saturation. Now it is no longer natural and I see that the colors captured by the camera are not exactly the same as I see. Orange looks a little brownish and blue looks a little greyish.
Old 2nd October 2017, 22:11   #10498
Senior - BHPian

For the first time, I am blessing the slow speed of Jio at my home because of which I could not upgrade to iOs 11 on my iphone SE. Enjoying the 10.3.3 with popcorns while reading frustrated comments about ios 11. Maybe will jump when it is truly sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I couldn't handle it anymore, ordered an iphone 8 today, expected on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll manage not to throw my iphone at a wall till then.
Your post really gives the words 'Planned obsolescence' their true meaning. Apple bricking its own device so that people will shift to newer ones. Unless you were planning it all along, of course.

Last edited by ani_meher : 2nd October 2017 at 22:13.
Old 2nd October 2017, 22:37   #10499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
And the control center does not sync the volume control so well with the buttons. If I change ringer volume using the control center and then via the buttons, the two indications are separate and are not synchronized. If you pull up control center and then change volume on the buttons only, the indication in control center doesnt change at all. I am not sure which one takes priority and decides ringer volume. I am not sure how a company like Apple can let out such stupid bugs into open market.

Also, another difference that actually matters to me is the change in camera color balance. Earlier, the images taken on my iPhone was as accurate in color representation as what I could see in real life. This is especially true in the color saturation. Now it is no longer natural and I see that the colors captured by the camera are not exactly the same as I see. Orange looks a little brownish and blue looks a little greyish.

The volume works perfectly for me, with control centre and the buttons. It changes in control centre when using buttons, and remains in sync also. This is true for my 7 Plus, my uncles 6 and our iPad Air. I just checked right now.
Old 2nd October 2017, 22:40   #10500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Your post really gives the words 'Planned obsolescence' their true meaning. Apple bricking its own device so that people will shift to newer ones. Unless you were planning it all along, of course.
Truly. I was going to upgrade either way, considering I missed out on 2 generations. But I wanted to first see the iphone x and then decide. But it got so frustrating I just couldn't wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks