Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2017, 11:09   #10546
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
..Any of our members have noticed it with Hands free or any blue-tooth devices to pair up with your apple device upgraded to IOS11.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
....Will have a check on the car connectivity tomorrow morning....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
....The Bluetooth turns off all of a sudden in between calls. Tried all solutions but no luck from end too....
As promised, I tried to connect my car, it was not recognizing as before. Tried manually connecting, it got hooked but was not steady. So I did the "remove this connection" on car and "forget this device" on phone. Did a fresh pairing and its a happy reunion again
Old 13th October 2017, 13:17   #10547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As promised, I tried to connect my car, it was not recognizing as before. Tried manually connecting, it got hooked but was not steady. So I did the "remove this connection" on car and "forget this device" on phone. Did a fresh pairing and its a happy reunion again
Thanx for your time.
i have updated with iOS 11.0.3 and forget & pair my phone post the update with Blue & me.
Hope i will continue with uninterrupted blue-tooth connectivity.
will post my observations after a week.
Old 13th October 2017, 14:20   #10548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So I did the "remove this connection" on car and "forget this device" on phone. Did a fresh pairing and its a happy reunion again
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Thanx for your time.
i have updated with iOS 11.0.3 and forget & pair my phone post the update with Blue & me.
99% of times this sorts issues with bluetooth connectivity in iOS and Androids, so first thing to do is remove the connection from both the connecting devices and restart the pairing.
Old 13th October 2017, 14:23   #10549
BHPian

Source: Macrumours

All of the iPhones Apple plans to produce in 2018 are likely to abandon the Touch ID fingerprint sensor in favor of facial recognition, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo told investors in a note sent out this evening.

According to Kuo, Apple will embrace Face ID as its authentication method for a competitive advantage over Android smartphones. Kuo has previously said that it could take years for Android smartphone manufacturers to produce technology that can match the TrueDepth camera and the Face ID feature coming in the iPhone X.

We predict all new 2H18F iPhone models will likely abandon fingerprint recognition. We believe this change will allow all new models to realize a competitive advantage via differentiation, on the back of an integrated user experience of full-screen design and TrueDepth Camera/ Facial recognition/ Face ID/ AR applications.
Face ID, says Kuo, will continue to be a major selling point of the new iPhone models in 2018, with Apple planning to capitalize on its lead in 3D sensing design and production.

Kuo's prediction suggests that all upcoming 2018 iPhones will feature a full-screen design with minimal bezels like the iPhone X, meaning no additional models with the iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus design would be produced.

That would spell the end of the line for Touch ID in the iPhone, which has been available as a biometric authentication option since 2013. It's not clear what that means for the Mac and the iPad, but Kuo has said he expects next year's iPad Pro models to transition to Face ID.

Should Apple decide to abandon Touch ID, it also means development would potentially end on a rumored under-display Touch ID solution.

Back in September, Kuo predicted 2018 iPhones would fully adopt the TrueDepth camera and facial recognition if Face ID was "well received" by customers, but further research conducted by KGI Securities has led him to believe it will indeed be successful, leading to today's more definitive prediction.

Kuo believes that Apple's transition away from Touch ID will also turn Android smartphone manufacturers away from fingerprint recognition. As he said in an earlier note, he expects high-end Android smartphones to "ditch" under-display optical fingerprint recognition in favor of 3D sensing techniques.

Despite Kuo's prediction, Apple software engineering chief Craig Federighi recently hinted that Apple may not be ready to abandon Touch ID across all its products just yet. While he said Face ID is the future of biometric authentication, he also noted that there are settings where different biometric techniques or combinations of biometrics could make sense.
Old 13th October 2017, 14:59   #10550
Senior - BHPian

On my visit to Mumbai last week, I saw my bro-in-law using a matte screen guard on his iP7+ and I was excited to see all the glossy feel and glare gone for good. Over excited me came back and ordered the Ikazen premium matte guard from Amazon. It reached an hour back. Used the wet wipe and dry wipe given in the pack like there is no tomorrow. I cleaned the screen to a level that further cleaning would scrape out a layer from it. Finally attached the film with high precision, removed the outer layer and what I see "a piece of my own eye lash inside" !! Lifted one corner to take it out, but that action messed up the entire process. Eye lash is gone, now I have tiny cotton particles from my t shirt all over it. End of the story = a product delivered from amazon is spoiled within 30 mts. I have not removed it yet. Thinking wild how to clean it up. Suggestions welcome !

A word of advice: Ikazen matte guard does not cover the entire glass area. There is a lot of space left uncovered on top, bottom and sides.
The iPhone Thread-matte.jpeg

Last edited by shajufx : 13th October 2017 at 15:01.
Old 13th October 2017, 18:18   #10551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....now I have tiny cotton particles from my t shirt all over it.....Thinking wild how to clean it up. Suggestions welcome !
An update : I removed the guard and used the optical cleaning spray that came free with lenskart order, wiping the cotton parts away with the spects cleaning cloth. It worked like magic. Entire sticky substance is wiped off but its pasted well now. Issue solved I think it worked flawlessly because its a 'tempered glass' (thick matte plastic) not the usual thin screen guard !
Old 13th October 2017, 19:32   #10552
BHPian

Quote:
An update : I removed the guard and used the optical cleaning spray that came free with lenskart order, wiping the cotton parts away with the spects cleaning cloth. It worked like magic. Entire sticky substance is wiped off but its pasted well now. Issue solved I think it worked flawlessly because its a 'tempered glass' (thick matte plastic) not the usual thin screen guard !
Can you post the pictures post the matte glass on the device?
Old 13th October 2017, 20:08   #10553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Can you post the pictures ...
Here you go
I still feel it should have been done from a shop for getting a cleaner install !
The iPhone Thread-_sha1664.jpg
The iPhone Thread-_sha1670.jpg
And the Spigen case which I had bought last month !
The iPhone Thread-_sha1668.jpg
Old 15th October 2017, 13:25   #10554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I use my phone for around 3 years before I start looking for an upgrade too, came across an excellent article which may help you decide on which size to get. I'm personally waiting for the iPhone X to decide whether or not to upgrade, my 5s is painfully slow after iOS11

https://www.phonearena.com/news/64GB...-space_id98083

Oh yes! This along with cashback makes it hard to overlook them. I picked up a iPhone 7 plus 256 gb for my sister at 45k+ after cash back and availing credit.

Guys please note that it’s wrong to take the GST input credit on purchase of mobile phones. The law clearly states that gst input cannot be availed of a particular item if the purchased item is not relevant to the items that you trade or manufacture. Also items for which depreciation is claimed GST input cannot be availed. Please be careful.
Old 15th October 2017, 14:27   #10555
Senior - BHPian

Uploading a custom ringtone on iPhone is so damn complicated, if not impossible! No wonder most of the iPhones users have same factory ringtone

My iTunes is not showing "convert to AAC" option no matter what I do. So custom ringtone is impossible so far. Sick of this idiotic unnecessary controlling by Apple.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2017 at 07:28. Reason: Characters rectified
Old 15th October 2017, 17:36   #10556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Guys please note that it’s wrong to take the GST input credit on purchase of mobile phones. Please be careful.
This is not entirely correct, please read up on inputs used for furtherance of business and credit of the same.
Old 15th October 2017, 18:44   #10557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
This is not entirely correct, please read up on inputs used for furtherance of business and credit of the same.
Could you share the link on taking inputs because I too have purchased on my company name but did not take the input. I have read in many places on the input that can and cannot be availed. Any information shared will be highly appreciated.
Old 15th October 2017, 22:50   #10558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it’s wrong to take the GST input credit on purchase of mobile phones. The law clearly states that gst input cannot be availed of a particular item if the purchased item is not relevant to the items that you trade or manufacture. Also items for which depreciation is claimed GST input cannot be availed.
Not Correct, you are referring to OLD VAT rules, if you have given your GST number to the vendor at the time of purchase, it will automatically reflect as input on GST Portal and you can definitely claim ITC. Besides, why will Phones not relevant to business? I think more than anything else, Phones are always required for any business.
Apart from the automobiles, you can claim ITC for anything bought in name of your business.
Old 16th October 2017, 00:05   #10559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Uploading a custom ringtone on iPhone is so damn complicated, if not impossible! No wonder most of the iPhones users have same factory ringtone

My iTunes is not showing 'convert to AAC' option no matter what I do. So custom ringtone is impossible so far. Sick of this idiotic unnecessary controlling by Apple.
Nothing is impossible. Just need right tool and bit of Google search . No, you dont have to jail-breaking iOS for this.

I am using custom ringtone right from the 1st week I got iPhone.

One thing, DO NOT click on Sync button in iTunes. That will take you to factory default ringtone.
Old 16th October 2017, 01:53   #10560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Visited Nyasa Apple Reseller at Phoenix Market City, Kurla, Mumbai.
Enquired about iPhone X pre-order with special emphasis on exchanging my iPhone 7 plus for it.
Pre-orders start on 25th Oct 2017. Will wait for final offer details before making a decision.
My brother visited R City Mall, Ghatkopar, last week and enquired at the Maple Store there regarding cashback for iPhone 7 Plus.
He was informed that it would approximately be in the range of Rs 40,000 but would not confirm since there was no specific information regarding same from Apple.
Pre bookings begin on / around 24th Oct. Phone nos were exchanged and salesman has promised to call once he gets concrete information.

Will update this thread as soon as information is forthcoming for iPhone X enthusiasts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks