Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2017, 14:17   #10696
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
When I select the photos tab from bottom, it still lists all the photos including whatsapp photos! I can't see any option to see 'pure' photos clicked by phone cameras. Either see all or forget whatsapp pics n vids, these are only two options so far.
From what I have seen there is no option to just view the photos clicked using the Phone camera.
Old 6th December 2017, 14:24   #10697
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Appreciate your willingness to help! In the Albums tabs, there is 'all photos', people, places, videos, selfies etc and also one folder called 'whatsapp' which contains whatsapp photos. When I select the photos tab from bottom, it still lists all the photos including whatsapp photos! I can't see any option to see 'pure' photos clicked by phone cameras. Either see all or forget whatsapp pics n vids, these are only two options so far.
Go to www.icloud.com on your desktop / laptop and login with your Apple ID and Password. Click on the PHOTOS app. See if you can separate Whatsapp junk from your camera photos.

I didn't bother with all this. I just deleted everything and started off from a clean state. This is what I did -

Step 1: Open Whatsapp -> Settings -> Data & Storage Usage. Under MEDIA AUTO-DOWNLOAD, switch off everything (Photos, Audio, Videos, Documents). Exit the app. This will ensure that in the future, Whatsapp Junk will not show up in the PHOTOS app.

Step 2: Delete all photos (whatsapp + camera roll) from iPhone, iPad and iCloud.

Now, only camera roll photos show up in PHOTOS app.
Old 6th December 2017, 14:34   #10698
Senior - BHPian

^^^ That's exactly what I have been doing, disabling the saving of media of whatsapp. In android, you have a dedicated folder which keeps all the whatsapp media seperate, so you can browse all the forwarded media at spare time.

In addition, I have an action camera that connects on wifi to iphone/android. On Android, it saves the photos and videos in a dedicated album. On iphone, it simply adds up in the main photos.

In short: iphone's lack of ability to automatically sort photos/videos in respective albums is very limiting to the user.
Old 6th December 2017, 15:10   #10699
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a folder for photos clicked by the camera only? Because when I go to all photos folder to see my camera's photos, it is cluttered with whatsapp photos. In whatsapp folder, the respective photos show up properly.

If you dont want to save your whatsapp photos and videos, deny access to photo under settings>whatsapp>photo which can be set to Never. This will remove whatsapp folder under photo too!
Old 6th December 2017, 18:45   #10700

Is it only on my phone or has force touch on the keypad (to move the cursor around) stopped working on WhatsApp on iOS 11.2?
Old 7th December 2017, 02:40   #10701
BHPian

I was smartly fooled by a group of thieves who successfully stole my 6s while boarding the bus tonight. I have enabled lost mode, I was not able to erase the data as 2 factor authentication is enabled on my iphone. I have initiated the account recovery process which might take a minimum of 24 hours. My phone is still switched off. Can thieves still factory reset my phone and use it as a new phone?

I was with the 6s for more than 2 years. Got home and purchased a new iphone SE for 17,999/- from Flipkart.
Old 7th December 2017, 17:28   #10702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I was with the 6s for more than 2 years. Got home and purchased a new iphone SE for 17,999/- from Flipkart.
So looks like the 16,999 was only for a few minutes. When I logged in at 12am it was 16,999 then it quickly changed to 17,999.
Old 7th December 2017, 18:11   #10703
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I was smartly fooled by a group of thieves who successfully stole my 6s while boarding the bus tonight.
Please tell us about the incident so that we are prepared when it happens to one of us.
Old 7th December 2017, 19:47   #10704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So looks like the 16,999 was only for a few minutes. When I logged in at 12am it was 16,999 then it quickly changed to 17,999.
Yes, I saw the deal for 16,999/- at 12:10 AM. Tried purchasing it but by the time I came to the payment part, it was out of stock/coming soon. Purchased at 17,999/- around 12:30 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Please tell us about the incident so that we are prepared when it happens to one of us.
I was boarding the bus, there was a person in front of me who blocked my way by pretending to be inquiring with the conductor if the bus goes to xyz location. I was being pushed from behind by 2 more person who were shouting at me to board the bus fast. All 3 of them never boarded the bus, 2 mins later I realized that I don't have my phone on me . Dialed my number from conductor's phone, phone was switched off.
Old 8th December 2017, 12:10   #10705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I have been getting " Call Failed" from ever since I remember and the option to Call Back. Try removing the sim, cleaning it and putting it back along with a complete shut down and restart.

Can you post a screenshot? I can't see such a thing on mine. Maybe try to shut down and restart to see if that solves the problem.

I am unable to take a screenshot as it is in the lock screen 😞
Old 8th December 2017, 23:09   #10706
BHPian

A heads up for Mumbai & Navi Mumbai folk looking for 64 gb space grey iPhone X.

Just returned from Seawoods Grand Central Mall, Seawoods, Navi Mumbai.

Maple store on the ground floor has only 2 pieces of 64 GB Space Grey iPhone X as of 8 pm today.
Rest are out of stock. No information when next stock will be received.

Was offered Rs 37,000 buy back for my iPhone 7 plus along with Rs 10,000 Citibank cashback.
Would have been Rs 42,000 buy back if my phone was in warranty. The warranty expires on 27th Dec 2017 so the store is considering it out of warranty and shorting me Rs 5,000.
Regarding Buyback, Entire payment of Rs 89000 has to be made & Rs 37,000 will be handed over as cash.
Regarding Cashback, it will be reverted into the credit card account after 4 months, I think.

Will rather wait for the 256 GB silver iPhone X whenever it's available.

Last edited by Ithaca : 8th December 2017 at 23:14. Reason: Cashback & Buyback details entered.
Old 9th December 2017, 09:10   #10707
BHPian

Anyone having iPhone 6 updated to iOS 11.2? I did the same yesterday night and the battery performance is beyond pathetic. Earlier (on 10.3.3) it used to last a whole day based in my usage but now it barely manages 6 hours. Especially the usage of apps from mobile data, like iMessage, is consuming way more battery than before. Is it just me?
Old 9th December 2017, 21:10   #10708
BHPian

I have updated my 6S to iOS 11.2 without any issues. It works the same as before.
Old 9th December 2017, 23:53   #10709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Anyone having iPhone 6 updated to iOS 11.2? I did the same yesterday night and the battery performance is beyond pathetic. Earlier (on 10.3.3) it used to last a whole day based in my usage but now it barely manages 6 hours. Especially the usage of apps from mobile data, like iMessage, is consuming way more battery than before. Is it just me?

Suggest you to take a back up and flash your phone. Download iOS 11.2 and reinstall while having it connected to iTunes on a computer.

Most of these rogue installs of iOS 11 like the one you reported are for OTA installs.
Old 10th December 2017, 07:50   #10710
Senior - BHPian

My iphone X review, watch this before you buy. Too many issues with face id.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks