Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2017, 15:13   #10726
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Got my iPhone X 256GBAttachment 1706565Attachment 1706566 Black
Congrats Durango Dude. Can you provide details on the purchase and offers if any received. Purchased online or offline?
Old 17th December 2017, 01:56   #10727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Got my iPhone X 256GBAttachment 1706565Attachment 1706566 Black
Congratulations to you sir, on this purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Congrats Durango Dude. Can you provide details on the purchase and offers if any received. Purchased online or offline?
I purchased my iPhone X Silver 64 gb at Viviana Mall, Thane on 16th Dec.
Did not opt for 256 gb variants since my iPhone 7 plus 128gb was not even filled up to 30gb so spending an extra Rs 13,000 was not worth it for me.
I exchanged my iPhone 7 plus 128 gb.

Here is the break up of the price.

Cost: Rs 89,000
Buyback: Rs 37,000
Citibank Cashback: Rs 8,000 - to be credited to my Citibank card in 3 months.

Effective Price: Rs 44,000 with exchange of my phone.

For members who will use the Citibank Cashback, here is something to note.
The sales person informed me that the minimum swipe I had to make was Rs 71,800 for the phone.
Minimum Citibank swipe for the 256 gb iPhone X works out to roughly Rs 89,000.

I asked him to make a swipe for Rs 72,000. The balance Rs 17,000 was adjusted in the buyback he was offering.
Effectively I was given Rs 20,000 in cash.

Did not opt for Apple insurance since I have never opted for it since I got into the Apple ecosystem. That would cost me an additional Rs 3,xxx.

Members who are planning an iPhone purchase, I have one suggestion to make. Buy your screen guard and case online and not at the store. The store has an expensive mark up for the same. Also you can back up all Whatsapp chat to the cloud before you exchange your old phone.

My iPhone is now updating from the previously done backup. So all my photos, notes and sundry items are seemlessly being updated into the new phone.

The iPhone X is smaller to my iPhone 7 plus though its screen size is 5.8 instead of 5.5 inches on the 7 plus. It does feel puny in my hands but I will get used to it. Display is sharper though.
Old 17th December 2017, 07:46   #10728
Senior - BHPian

I purchased my iPhoneX 256Gigs at Apple Store, Burj Khalifa. In Indian rupees paid 84K. This is the best iPhone till date, very robust, and am enjoying using it. Apple Care costs Rs 16,000 more in Dubai, so it's up to your discretion. If you're buying abroad, get the screen guard installed by them as they use this machine for a precise fix. You cant get this finish if you do by hand (Not sure if you get this in India). Recommend a Spigen bumper as I've been using for last 5 years on various phones without issues. I'm moving up from the 6S which looks band new with zero scratches even today (128Gigs, grey - going to sell it online) so screen size at 5.8 inches is the best, I don't make any errors while typing a message. I use Animojis a lot and it's so much fun. Games are also good and play flawlessly using the strong processor. Display and camera quality is unbeatable. Wireless charging is convenient. Go for it guys!
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-belkin.png  

Last edited by Sebring : 17th December 2017 at 07:53. Reason: Forgot to add
Old 17th December 2017, 21:14   #10729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I purchased my iPhoneX 256Gigs at Apple Store, Burj Khalifa. In Indian rupees paid 84K. This is the best iPhone till date, very robust, and am enjoying using it.
How's your experience with the notch ? I went to a store today and got to use the X for about 10 mins, the screen is just outstanding and the immersive experience even when browsing thanks to the edge to edge display is brilliant as well. However, when I played a few videos is full screen mode "embracing" the notch, some content was cropped out and it didn't seem like a very elegant solution. Does this bother you in say a months usage or do you just watch it in normal aspect ratio ?
Old 18th December 2017, 05:32   #10730
Senior - BHPian

I got used to its quirks. When you hold it for the first time you notice the notch, but later on, it doesn't bother you that much. Sometimes, yes I do watch in normal aspect ratio. Get the X if you love iPhones. I'm unable to use my older 6S and 7 after handling this. It's that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
How's your experience with the notch?
Old 18th December 2017, 11:35   #10731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Congratulations to you sir, on this purchase.

I purchased my iPhone X Silver 64 gb at Viviana Mall, Thane on 16th Dec.
Did not opt for 256 gb variants since my iPhone 7 plus 128gb was not even filled up to 30gb so spending an extra Rs 13,000 was not worth it for me.
I exchanged my iPhone 7 plus 128 gb.

Here is the break up of the price.

Congratulations to you Ithaca. Unfortunately, I don't have a citibank card ( Thinking of getting one just for the iPhone cashbacks).
I am looking out for the 8 plus 256 GB/X 256GB for my wife, who is stuck with a SE after losing her 6S, hence the inquisitiveness on the deals available.
Old 18th December 2017, 13:00   #10732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations to you Ithaca. Unfortunately, I don't have a citibank card ( Thinking of getting one just for the iPhone cashbacks).
I am looking out for the 8 plus 256 GB/X 256GB for my wife, who is stuck with a SE after losing her 6S, hence the inquisitiveness on the deals available.
I got a citibank card just for this and it was useless. They didn't give me a high enough limit to be able to get an iPhone. It was not even 1/2 of gross pay : /

Also ended up selling iPhone X couldn't justify the cost and fear of having it break (I hate scratch guards, cases etc.).
Old 18th December 2017, 13:04   #10733
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the wishes. I believe there is an offer on HDFC cards too. Yes, the Citibank cashback does make buying the phone a bit sweeter. Had bought my previous phone also with cashback too.
If the same phone was purchased in the first lot at launch, the cashback was Rs 10,000 and buyback was also better at roughly Rs 42,000, it definitely makes sense to go in for the Citicard.
With regard to memory, unless you need 256 gb, you do not need to spend Rs 13,000 over the 64 gb price for the X. Though next time you exchange your phone, the higher memory device gives you a better buyback price at Apple.

All the best in your search.

Off topic, there was an article today mentioning marginal price rise on iPhone.

http://www.bgr.in/news/iphone-in-ind...n-import-duty/

iPhone price rise as per article.
Model New Price Old Price Difference.
iPhone X 256GB 105,720 102,000 3,720
iPhone X 64GB 92,430 89,000 3,430
iPhone 8 Plus 256GB 88,750 86,000 2,750
iPhone 8 Plus 64GB 75,450 73,000 2,450
iPhone 8 256GB 79,420 77,000 2,420
iPhone 8 64GB 66,120 64,000 2,120
Old 18th December 2017, 13:04   #10734
BHPian

Friends,
Gifted myself iPhone X (Silver) 64GB. It was a much awaited upgrade as I was still on iPhone 5 . It is no doubt one of the best phone (or the best Phone) available in market, though quite (very) expensive.
On a lighter note, in 5 years 45k becomes 90k and iphone 5 turns iphone 10(X). Who says money dont get double in 5 years
Old 18th December 2017, 13:59   #10735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I got a citibank card just for this and it was useless. They didn't give me a high enough limit to be able to get an iPhone. It was not even 1/2 of gross pay : /

Also ended up selling iPhone X couldn't justify the cost and fear of having it break (I hate scratch guards, cases etc.).
There is work around to use your Citibank card for heavy purchases.
This is what I have been doing for heavy purchases.

If you are buying the iPhone X 256 gb at the present price of Rs 105,720
Your credit limit is Rs 60,000 (say)
Transfer Rs 50,000 to your card.
This allows you to swipe the entire amount for the phone at one go and avail the cashback.

I am sure lot of consumers are using this method to increase their credit limits before major buys - especially when a cashback is offered.
I have no experience using this method with other cards since this is the only credit card I use.
Old 18th December 2017, 14:01   #10736
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have no experience using this method with other cards since this is the only credit card I use.
What you said works well. You can increase limits by adding funds to your credit card account.

Last edited by SmartCat : 18th December 2017 at 14:02.
Old 18th December 2017, 15:13   #10737
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is work around to use your Citibank card for heavy purchases.
This is what I have been doing for heavy purchases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
What you said works well. You can increase limits by adding funds to your credit card account.
HDFC allows you to momentarily increase your credit limit. You can call up Customer Care and request; if approved, the limit is raised for a specific time.

I had once called to request it while booking two BOM-JFK return tickets; but, they said it'd take two-three working days so I never really put in that request.
Old 19th December 2017, 11:21   #10738
Senior - BHPian

I am posting this in both Android and iOS threads as this is important for both the users. I moved from iOS to Android as I got myself a OnePlus 5T. I have been using iOS for close to 3 years. All the points are my observations only and I would be very happy if someone corrects me as I am on Android now. Some key points observed by me:
1. The applications are so much well made for iOS. This includes widgets. I so miss the stocks app on my iPhone as Android doesn't seem to have any similar widget which gives me a one stop view of high, low, volumes, etc.
2. Camera: this is a known fact. Except pixel and some other flagships I doubt there is any camera that matches iPhone's. The OnePlus 5T's camera is nowhere close. They have really screwed up the camera this time.
3. Display: the display is brilliant and I am sure it's better than the iPhone. But the interface of iOS coupled with the retina makes it look really good and sufficed my requirements.
4. Face ID: there is no comparison here. The face ID of OnePlus is quite an irritation at times. You can't view the notifications from the lock screen as it will unlock the phone and then you have to drag down the notifications
5. The slide down feature of the finger print sensor is quite convenient
6. I can't seem to find a notepad like that in iOS. It was one of my most used app.
7. My office mail app Citrix is slower on the OnePlus but is more convenient to use.
8. Updates: Apple wins here. When you see news about the updates you know you will get in your iPhone on a particular date across all devices. However, for devices like OnePlus you have no idea when latest update will reach you.
9. Battery: battery us certainly great and it charges super fast. However, its a new phone and it will be interesting to see the results after 6 months.
10. Copying and editing between lines seem easier in iOS.

I am still exploring the phone and I hope to keep this for at least 2 years as I have spent a lot of moolah this year searching for the perfect phone (for me). Please correct me on the above points if needed.
Old 19th December 2017, 12:44   #10739
Senior - BHPian

Camera's great on the X. Downgraded the image quality to fit in the Forum's 3MB limit, but all images are bright and detailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
2. Camera:I doubt there is any camera that matches iPhone's.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_0939.jpg  

Old 19th December 2017, 13:21   #10740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Some key points observed by me....
I am still exploring the phone and I hope to keep this for at least 2 years as I have spent a lot of moolah this year searching for the perfect phone (for me). Please correct me on the above points if needed.
Quite agree with all your observations, but there is only a small period before you get accustomed to your new device. It also depends on the Ecosystem you are most familiar in. For eg. I love the Apple ecosystem for the ease of use. Primarily, I like the fact that work left on the home PC, laptop, phone etc. can be seamlessly taken forward on any other device. Sync between devices is also seamless and data is easily shared between your devices.

Regarding particular apps in iOS vs Android, there are a couple of exceptional ones on both sides that are unavailable on the other. In such cases, it boils down to the end user to decide which to keep.

But, seeing the prices of iPhones, I'm pretty sure my next one will either be a refurbished phone or an SE. I also hate the fact that not many flagship devices are available in the 4-inch screen size. One of the main reasons I've stuck to my iPhone 5S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks