Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 23:43   #10651
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

No issues so far with iOS 11.x.x for me on my IP7+. Although I certainly preferred the 5 dot/segment network indicator to the 4 bar one on the new OS. No thanks to Apple's UI designers there.

Battery life as good as it was with v10 and I think there's been a marginal improvement.

Oh well, so far so good.
Old 23rd November 2017, 23:47   #10652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Not sure if it is sheer luck but even after upgrading to iOS 11.1.2 I haven't faced any issues. The battery has remained the same (comes down to 85%/75% around 8PM with 100% charge at 9am with on/off mobile data, ringing alerts, texts and games). The performance has been commendable too. I just hope nothing goes wrong after this post.

I agree. I was seeing very minor performance issues with 11.1. 11.1.2 has ironed out everything, and my 7+ is running perfectly now. I have no clue about battery life, since I have never had a fixed usage cycle.
Old 24th November 2017, 13:12   #10653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
How much for? Silver brings out the design well, IMO.

I got it for around INR 81,000 for 64 GB model with facetime. I've USA model, not the local UAE one that comes without facetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Is that an 8? I like the black, especially since I do not like the white band at the top and bottom of the screen in front.

No, that's new iPhone X. Yes you're right silver brings out design easily.
Old 25th November 2017, 23:51   #10654
Senior - BHPian

Picked up the 256 gig iPhoneX SILVER from Apple Store Dubai for around INR 84,000 (AED 4729), non-facetime model. The 256 is in short supply and most in demand. One needs to reserve this online (starting from 6 AM) on the Apple site and gets sold out in seconds every day. Got the Belkin charging pad for around INR 2000 at Virgin, and it's the best thing going for me right now! Love the phone. You're right the Silver looks exclusive and really posh.

Highly recommend the wireless pad for ease of use. The Animojis are a load of fun but cant be sent to android phones. Apple Store guys cautioned that 4G might not work in India, (but thanks to your advise) took a chance and it's working fine for me. Wonder why they said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
I got it for around INR 81,000 for 64 GB model with facetime. silver brings out design easily.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_6516.jpg  

Old 27th November 2017, 11:58   #10655
BHPian

With people sourcing from out of India and with the recent news that Apple India will honour iPhones purchased from outside India, how much of this is really being followed. I know it is a bit too early to get actual user feedback, but having resources to get an iPhone from abroad and the huge price differential, even I am contemplating my next purchase to be from USA.
Old 27th November 2017, 14:05   #10656
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
With people sourcing from out of India and with the recent news that Apple India will honour iPhones purchased from outside India, how much of this is really being followed. I know it is a bit too early to get actual user feedback, but having resources to get an iPhone from abroad and the huge price differential, even I am contemplating my next purchase to be from USA.
It is definitely followed. In fact any of the iPhone 7 that you bought are supported here with the regular 1 year warranty. Apple bases its warranty on basis of the model number that is supported in each country. Luckily starting with the 7, both the Indian as well as the cdma variant (the only other variant other than Japan specific one) are supported so no worries now. Have experienced the same with Apple watch.
Old 27th November 2017, 14:07   #10657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
today morning, iphone of 3 colleagues switched off automatically and restarted and are now hung. only an apple logo is displayed. all three are different variants - 5, 6, 7 and were running on ios11 and higher. Unique thing is this happened around the same time. some other iphones in office are fine. below is a photo of 2 phones.

Attachment 1698766

Any other guys facing this?
Update: One guy just made a factory reset and it was back to normal. his phone was new and he had recently switched over to ios, so he was ok with the loss of data (there was hardly any)
The remaining 2 guys updated their phones to 11.1.2 via itunes and the phones are now back to normal.
Old 27th November 2017, 14:18   #10658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
today morning, iphone of 3 colleagues switched off automatically and restarted and are now hung.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ask them to try a soft reset, if they haven't already.
Quote:
Update: One guy just made a factory reset and it was back to normal. his phone was new and he had recently switched over to ios, so he was ok with the loss of data (there was hardly any)
The remaining 2 guys updated their phones to 11.1.2 via itunes and the phones are now back to normal.
My 6 faced this issue on Sat. While on a call; everything just froze and blanked out. No buttons, no noise, no display. I did a soft reset and it limped back.

11.1.2 is downloaded and ready to install but I was putting it off to go to 11.2 directly.
Old 27th November 2017, 20:22   #10659
BHPian

Guys, wanted to ask what is the procedure for purchasing apple extended warranty? Nearest apple store is 3 hours drive from my current location. My warranty ends tomorrow. Secondly is there any need to buy it?
Old 27th November 2017, 20:26   #10660
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Guys, wanted to ask what is the procedure for purchasing apple extended warranty? Nearest apple store is 3 hours drive from my current location. My warranty ends tomorrow. Secondly is there any need to buy it?
Sure do buy it especially if you have one of the recent phones. For a phone that costs over 50k, a sum of 4k is paltry to have peace of mind. You can buy it at any apple authorised service center as well. or you can have anybody else buy the protection plan and activate it by just getting the code.
Old 28th November 2017, 12:21   #10661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Try buying from Amazon India. Sellers have one day service i guess.
Old 28th November 2017, 19:02   #10662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Sure do buy it especially if you have one of the recent phones. For a phone that costs over 50k, a sum of 4k is paltry to have peace of mind. You can buy it at any apple authorised service center as well. or you can have anybody else buy the protection plan and activate it by just getting the code.
Thanks for the green flag. I got it today from an iStore. It was a breeze to register it online. Now I am protected for another year.
Ps. I realized I didn't get 3rd year extended warranty for my car, but instead I got extended warranty for my phone. :sly:
Old 28th November 2017, 19:35   #10663
Senior - BHPian

Really happy with the iPhoneX. Must be their best phone thus far (been with their since the iPhone 4S days). The text size is just right, so no eye strain there. The screen is gorgeous, and the gadget works flawlessly. Love the Animoji feature, and is quite a novelty in my circles. The rear glass design in silver is quite a conversation starter. Stands out!
Old 29th November 2017, 13:26   #10664
Senior - BHPian

I have decided to shift to a one plus 5T from an iPhone SE. Still an apple fan, but I feel one plus provides more VFM and there is a need for change considering I have been the same interface for the past 3 years.
Old 29th November 2017, 16:31   #10665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have decided to shift to a one plus 5T from an iPhone SE. Still an apple fan, but I feel one plus provides more VFM and there is a need for change considering I have been the same interface for the past 3 years.
Good choice and oneplus 5/5t is considered asone of the best android alternative for apple users along with the Pixel series. I have handled a 5T recently and it feels perfect and the screen, if you change the default wallpaper really feels bright and very good. The sharpness of the QHD displays not withstanding, it is brilliant for the price and the camera is very very good too. You will not regret the decision to buy it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks