Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2016, 13:32   #9151
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Received the iPhone today. Still setting it up. Ordered on 10th and received on 13th. Excellent service.
Even before getting the phone, I went to the BSNL office yesterday to get a Nano SIM. I was told they were out of stock in Maharashtra and Goa. I asked when they would be available to which they replied again that they were out of stock in Maharashtra and Goa. I got irritated and said I know that, what do you want me to do? They directed me to the office of some higher up. She too had no clue. I also mentioned to her that I was an International Roaming customer. I was told the SIM cards for International Roaming are different from local ones. This she was aware and said that even when the Nano SIM's come they cannot be used for International Roaming. So now what am I supposed to do I asked. She said I don't know, call up the marketing section. I did that any they were very rude saying it was not their job and the CSC should do it.
So I went to Vodafone. My secondary number is Vodafone. I am currently using a Lumia 640 XL (Micro Sim) but my plan is to use the BSNL in the iPhone and Vodafone in a Mi3 (Full SIM). The problem was the Mi3 is out for some repairs so the SIM was in the Lumia. I have a Micro SIM. I needed to shift it to the iPhone till the BSNL SIM comes and then finally to the Mi3. So I needed a SIM in all 3 sizes. Most operators have it but not Vodafone. I had to choose either Full, Micro or Nano.

Government or Private, customer is always taken for granted.
Old 13th August 2016, 14:47   #9152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Government or Private, customer is always taken for granted.

Airtel and Vodafone have 3-in-one sims that can work as full, mini, micro and nano. Try to get these.
Old 13th August 2016, 15:01   #9153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Airtel and Vodafone have 3-in-one sims that can work as full, mini, micro and nano. Try to get these.
I managed to get an Airtel SIM card. Removed the Nano SIM from it and inserted the Vodafone Nano SIM in it. Now I can use it as Nano, Micro or Full. Unfortunately Vodafone does not provide this option.
Old 13th August 2016, 15:09   #9154
BHPian

Quote:
I managed to get an Airtel SIM card. Removed the Nano SIM from it and inserted the Vodafone Nano SIM in it. Now I can use it as Nano, Micro or Full. Unfortunately Vodafone does not provide this option.

If you needed only the outer frame for size change, the adapters are easily available with most of the mobile phone stores, since this issue does come up a lot.
It has already been done, but for next time or someone else, just look around for sim adapters.
Old 13th August 2016, 17:48   #9155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
If you needed only the outer frame for size change, the adapters are easily available with most of the mobile phone stores, since this issue does come up a lot.
It has already been done, but for next time or someone else, just look around for sim adapters.
Just cut out a sim in a neighborhood mobile store using a sim cutter. Cut it to the smallest size and buy a SIM adapter kit and voila you can fit it in any phone.
Old 21st August 2016, 10:10   #9156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Decision time. My 15 month old iPhone 6 is now dead courtesy water ingress six months back. I have the following options:
a. iPhone 6 (replacement by Apple) - 90 days warranty on giving old phone - 24.5k
b. iPhone 6s in Sept once 7 is announced - 1 yr warranty - ~46k
c. iPhone 7 on launch - 1 yr warranty - ~57k or so going by iPhone 6s price history.
d. iPhone 6 in Sept once 7 is announced - 1 yr warranty - ~32k
(all 16 GB)
Having burned my hands and in the interest of domestic world peace, I'm thinking (a). IMHO Apple phones rarely need warranty repair within one year. Bad luck like water damage can happen anytime - nothing will work in that case.

What would you all do? Thx in advance for reading / replying.
I'm currently using my Redmi Note3 which is nice, but the camera and speakers are horrible, and it has its android quirks (i love iOS despite some crappy features). Except the camera, its not like I cannot get things done on a daily basis - far from it But iOS lust sees no logic.

The 6s has some good schemes of Citibank cash back at reliance digital stores. I bought one just weeks ago, the price ends up being 43k in the EMI scheme( after cash back , and after you complete the 24 month EMi period) so it's not bad at all. Secondly, I would recommend 2 things, one insurance like one assist etc, which cost about 3-4K, but protects you from theft, water ingress, drops etc. If you buy a phone for close to 45k, this is not a bad thing to have. And the cases, most of you may detest having a heavy case, but it helps every bit. I always order iPhone cases from otterbox, HK and they keep the phone safe from most casual drops.
Old 21st August 2016, 10:27   #9157
Distinguished - BHPian

Got an iPhone 6S 64GB to replace my lost 6 64GB. Camera is more awesome than before both the front and rear. Haven't got used to the 3D touch environment much and don't find it that much of a necessity either. Fingerprint scanning has become ultra fast now and is accurate even when the fingers are moist or greasy which was not the case with the 6.
Old 21st August 2016, 23:38   #9158
Senior - BHPian

A word of advice: I had paid about 2900 for an insurance policy for my 6 Plus last year from Appsdaily, which is now priced at about 5k.

A bit of hunting around saw me stumble upon the Syska Gadget Secure plan for iPhones for 2999. I think that's a better deal for such a pricey phone.
Old 24th August 2016, 13:43   #9159
BHPian

Quote:
Exchange for 1st Gen Moto E: Rs.4000/-
Tell me you're kidding me! because if you are not. I will exchange my 1st gen Moto E too.
Old 24th August 2016, 14:33   #9160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Tell me you're kidding me! because if you are not. I will exchange my 1st gen Moto E too.
I'm not kidding.
Below is the offer I got on Flipkart.
Quote:
Finally took the plunge and ordered an iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB from Flipkart.
Price: Rs.48999/-
2% Off: Rs.1000/-
Exchange for 1st Gen Moto E: Rs.4000/-
10% Off on HDFC Cards: Rs.1500/-
Discount Equivalent to EMI interest (2 years): Rs.6196/-
Effective Price: Rs.36303/-

Pick up charge: Rs.50/-
Interest on EMI: Rs.6196/-

Final Cost: Rs.42549/-
Old 26th August 2016, 13:46   #9161
Team-BHP Support

An "important" security patch 9.3.5 is out for iPhone/iPad.
Old 28th August 2016, 12:26   #9162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
An "important" security patch 9.3.5 is out for iPhone/iPad.
9.3.5 seems to provide a security update to a rather serious vulnerability. I just received an email from the IT Security team of my organization asking iOS users to update to 9.3.5.
Old 30th August 2016, 12:52   #9163
BHPian

New iPhones will not have the 3.5mm headphones jacks anymore , iPhone 7 to be launched on Sept 7th.
Old 30th August 2016, 22:52   #9164
BHPian

If you wish to see real pictures of iPhone 7 and 7 plus, log on to http://www.tekkitake.com/collections/iphone-7

Clearly no headphone jack. Dual camera setup in plus.
Old 30th August 2016, 23:00   #9165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
9.3.5 seems to provide a security update to a rather serious vulnerability. I just received an email from the IT Security team of my organization asking iOS users to update to 9.3.5.
Related to this. Please update your device ASAP.

http://www.macworld.com/article/3112...e-spyware.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks