Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2016, 10:14   #9061
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Gents,

Need some urgent help. My iPhone is draining battery like crazy. I'm on vacation and the phone drains fully in 7 hours overnight with no usage. This issue started only two days back when I started my vacation. Per a friend's guess I reset network settings. I also got a carrier update from Airtel.

I had replaced the screen two weeks back. The phone is on 9.3.2 and I was getting six hours of usage each day. Here are the latest screen shots.
How's the drain when it's on Airplane mode. I was having similar issues when I was roaming on SFR in France and a Network reset worked that time. As you're on vacation, I guess a complete reset after iTunes backup is out of question.
Old 11th July 2016, 11:01   #9062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
First start by ruling out one of the radio receivers ( Mobile, Bluetooth, Wifi) as the culprit by disabling all of them - Airplane mode for an hour and note the consumption pattern. If there is no difference in the consumption, it points to the recent repair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
How's the drain when it's on Airplane mode. I was having similar issues when I was roaming on SFR in France and a Network reset worked that time. As you're on vacation, I guess a complete reset after iTunes backup is out of question.
Hi

The second screen shot was on airplane mode! It's been deteriorating at the same battery drain regardless of network.

Even worse the phone is showing an unreliable battery indicator. It shows even 12% or 53% battery and switches off within five minutes of usage.

What could it be?
Old 11th July 2016, 11:28   #9063
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

The second screen shot was on airplane mode! It's been deteriorating at the same battery drain regardless of network.

Even worse the phone is showing an unreliable battery indicator. It shows even 12% or 53% battery and switches off within five minutes of usage.

What could it be?
If I were you, I would've taken an iTunes backup and factory reset to see if it solves the issue. If that doesn't fix it, I suspect hardware failure.
Old 11th July 2016, 15:59   #9064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Today I upgraded my iphone to IOS10 beta version. Apple and many other creditable sites have mentioned that this is a major change . Its too early to say if I like the update but by the initial looks I am liking some of the features.

Some of the feature updates in this version which I have come across are
1. You can simply unlock the phone by placing your finger on the home button instead of clicking it. This needs to be turned on though.
2. Lock screen shows the lock icon as a smaller version and also animates when device is unlocked.
3. Sliding from the lock screen to the left shows up widgets.
4. Messages has provision for digital touch (it may have been available for 6s users already but for users like me who have 6 it came now).
5. Health app is tweaked a bit.

Providing few screenshots:
1. Lock screen
Attachment 1526260

2. Message app options
Attachment 1526261

3. Lock screen (airdrop)
Attachment 1526262

4. Health app
Attachment 1526263

5. Music app
Attachment 1526264
I have upgraded my iPhone 5S (16GB) a couple of days back as well. Though the UI is a little different and brings about the change, but I am facing issues with respect to the stability, some of the apps closing automatically and the heating of the phone.

Cheers,
Andy
Old 11th July 2016, 16:01   #9065
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need a small help with respect to the Youtube app on Iphone 6S. I search for a lot of videos on Youtube. The issue is that when I use the app the next day (After searching for a particular video), that search string is no longer there.

I basically want all my historical searches to be visible when I put the cursor in the search bar of the Youtube app (similar to how Google searches are saved). Is there any setting for this? Any help here will be greatly appreciated!
Old 11th July 2016, 16:15   #9066
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

What could it be?
Something must have gone wrong when they replaced your screen. It points to a hardware issue. If the repairer has given any sort of warranty - as it is less than month from the service done, they may fix the issue.
Old 11th July 2016, 17:05   #9067
BHPian

Guys, do you think that with the launch of iPhone 7 in September, there will be price reduction in iPhone 6s or 6?

I was planning on buying 6s, but want to wait for September. Do you think it's worth the wait? I can wait till October end.
Old 11th July 2016, 17:18   #9068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1500 View Post
Guys, do you think that with the launch of iPhone 7 in September, there will be price reduction in iPhone 6s or 6?

I was planning on buying 6s, but want to wait for September. Do you think it's worth the wait? I can wait till October end.
Absolutely, the prices will come down. The prices were down couple of months back, then they increased the price of 6 and 6s by 5k each.

Pramod
Old 15th July 2016, 21:56   #9069
Senior - BHPian

Some info to clear the air about phones bought in US being accepted in Indian service centers. My mom's iPhone bought from USA started giving problems since last month. The mic was not working properly so thought of giving it a shot by taking it to the apple service center. I was not very hopeful. But they accepted it. Hope they will replace it with a new phone.
Old 15th July 2016, 23:07   #9070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Some info to clear the air about phones bought in US being accepted in Indian service centers. My mom's iPhone bought from USA started giving problems since last month. The mic was not working properly so thought of giving it a shot by taking it to the apple service center. I was not very hopeful. But they accepted it. Hope they will replace it with a new phone.
That's interesting. I my case, I had to send it to NYC because the Indian service centers refused to touch it. Keep us posted.
Old 15th July 2016, 23:36   #9071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
That's interesting. I my case, I had to send it to NYC because the Indian service centers refused to touch it. Keep us posted.

I was about to send it to NYC on 19th. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 19th July 2016, 20:16   #9072
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Apple service center confirming replacement of the phone. Relieved to know they acknowledged replacing the phone considering it was bought from the US
Old 19th July 2016, 22:31   #9073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Need a small help with respect to the Youtube app on Iphone 6S. I search for a lot of videos on Youtube. The issue is that when I use the app the next day (After searching for a particular video), that search string is no longer there.

I basically want all my historical searches to be visible when I put the cursor in the search bar of the Youtube app (similar to how Google searches are saved). Is there any setting for this? Any help here will be greatly appreciated!
Hi Saanil

Are you logged into the Youtube app? If you are logged in then it should show the suggestions while you type the search string.
Old 20th July 2016, 23:35   #9074
Senior - BHPian

Update 9.3.3 is out. Detail:

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1469037869.260982.jpg
Old 21st July 2016, 14:06   #9075
Senior - BHPian

Guys I will be collecting the replacement phone from Apple today. How do I know it's a new piece and not a refurbished phone??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks