Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 11:34   #9166
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
New iPhones will not have the 3.5mm headphones jacks anymore , iPhone 7 to be launched on Sept 7th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
If you wish to see real pictures of iPhone 7 and 7 plus, log on to http://www.tekkitake.com/collections/iphone-7

Clearly no headphone jack. Dual camera setup in plus.
Please forgive me for asking stupid questions but if there is no jack for headphones how will one listen to music?

Also what is the purpose of dual cameras? Do the two cameras work in tandem or they are meant for different purpose?
Old 31st August 2016, 11:37   #9167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Please forgive me for asking stupid questions but if there is no jack for headphones how will one listen to music?

Also what is the purpose of dual cameras? Do the two cameras work in tandem or they are meant for different purpose?
CDLA would be incorporated in this iphone generation. The earphones and charger use same jack. The dual cameras might not be like LG G5 which has different field of depth in each. Let's see what unfolds on 7th September.
Old 31st August 2016, 11:38   #9168
BHPian

No offence meant to anyone but these iphone rumours dont turn out to be true.
The lightning port will act as the iphone jack.
It will just help apple make more money on another accessory which they will give free with the next iphone and charge 25$ from next iphone onwards.

The dual camera setup it seems is for giving the DSLR's tough competition.
Old 5th September 2016, 14:50   #9169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
how will one listen to music? Also what is the purpose of dual cameras?

It is rumoured that Apple would be introducing 'AirPods' which will be nothing but the bluetooth ear buds styled head phones. It's has also been implied that with 3.5 mm head phone jack gone, Apple will further reduce the thickness of the iPhone.

According to Apple, the dual camera would enhance image quality as the final image will the combination of the images taken from each camera.

Again, as my friend above said, these rumours hardly make to the final product but we would love to see them on the iPhone, won't we? Cheers!

drive_ angry
Old 7th September 2016, 12:17   #9170
BANNED

The iPhone 4S available on Flipkart/Amazon etc for around 15000 - does it run iOS 8 or iOS 9? I am looking for a phone running iOS 8 - is that a good buy - I want to run iOS 8 for a few months & then upgrade it to iOS 9 - is that possible?
Old 7th September 2016, 12:22   #9171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
The iPhone 4S available on Flipkart/Amazon etc for around 15000 - does it run iOS 8 or iOS 9? I am looking for a phone running iOS 8 - is that a good buy - I want to run iOS 8 for a few months & then upgrade it to iOS 9 - is that possible?
A friend of mine runs iOS 9 on his 4s. He has the standard social media and utility apps; just that it doesn't leave a lot of room for music/pics.
Old 7th September 2016, 14:14   #9172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 4S still gets updated to the latest build. Not sure how much longer it will be though. Surprised is even got 9!
Old 7th September 2016, 14:31   #9173
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
My 4S still gets updated to the latest build.
Is the update automatic or you have to chose to update. I want to run iOS8 for a few months.
Old 7th September 2016, 14:46   #9174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the update automatic or you have to chose to update. I want to run iOS8 for a few months.
I think I did the check manually.

Had two devices (6) showing the update, so once they were done, updated the rest of the iOS devices at home.
Old 7th September 2016, 15:37   #9175
BHPian

Hi,

My cousins iPhone-5 suddenly stopped working last week. He kept it on charge, after few hours when he disconnected, it was not working at all.

It is out of warranty by 5 months, Apple store has asked Rs 15000/- for replacement, please suggest if anything can be done here?

He is planning to visit local repair shop.

Thanks,
Old 7th September 2016, 15:54   #9176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hi,

My cousins iPhone-5 suddenly stopped working last week. He kept it on charge, after few hours when he disconnected, it was not working at all.

It is out of warranty by 5 months, Apple store has asked Rs 15000/- for replacement, please suggest if anything can be done here?

He is planning to visit local repair shop.

Thanks,
Did he try any hard reboot to recover from this...? May be worth trying if not done earlier. Try switch on + Volume down
Old 7th September 2016, 16:04   #9177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
It is rumoured that Apple would be introducing 'AirPods' which will be nothing but the bluetooth ear buds styled head phones. It's has also been implied that with 3.5 mm head phone jack gone, Apple will further reduce the thickness of the iPhone.

According to Apple, the dual camera would enhance image quality as the final image will the combination of the images taken from each camera.

Again, as my friend above said, these rumours hardly make to the final product but we would love to see them on the iPhone, won't we? Cheers!

drive_ angry
Most of these rumors seems to be true , only catch I read is that dual camera would come only with iPhone 7 plus . Very eager to find out the performance of earpod with lightning connector.
Old 7th September 2016, 16:33   #9178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Very eager to find out the performance of earpod with lightning connector.
You don't have to wait long my friend. 'Apple Special Event' starts in exactly six hours from now wherein all these details would be unveiled. I am personally rooting for new Apple watches to come out.
Old 7th September 2016, 16:36   #9179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Did he try any hard reboot to recover from this...? May be worth trying if not done earlier. Try switch on + Volume down
Yup, tried that but, it did not work.
service center guys said that, its a hardware failure.
Old 7th September 2016, 16:47   #9180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Yup, tried that but, it did not work. service center guys said that, its a hardware failure.
Take it to a electronics market service chap for a second opinion if not done so already. They are pretty handy with the older phones and can fix or replace almost any part either from scrapped pieces or aftermarket spares.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks