Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 18:35   #9196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

And this launch has left me utterly confused. I wasn't a huge fan of Apple and have been using Android all along. From last 6 months I have been using a Iphone 5 since my nexus 5 's screen broke and this phone was lying un-used at home. The problems with lack of connectivity options and general usability like having to carry a separate charger ( vs android phones where all use microUsb chargers) were few of the bottlenecks that I faced.

Now I was sold on the Note 7. But this iphone 7 plus has me interested because of two features. The dual camera at the back and a better front facing camera, features that I use a lot. Also I hate i-tunes but off late all music on my phone is via these song apps and I have stopped downloading songs on PC and then shifting them to the phone. So that takes care of the music part too. For other sharing needs, apps like Share it have solved the issue to a large extent. Price wise both are similar. Iphone 7 plus from USA would cost me around 55k and Note 7 in India would cost around 59k (rumoured price). Help me choose between the two. :(

Last edited by Zappo : 9th September 2016 at 16:51. Reason: Typos corrected
Old 8th September 2016, 18:45   #9197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
60k opening price tag Vs 43k with current USD conversion rates, man aren't we indians being ripped off or what!
Jeep tried the Apple model and got screwed

I'm two minds about the 7 and 7+. Apple always got things right in their S models - 4S was better than 4, 5S was better than 5, 6S was (wait for it) better than 6! (Yep, I got a 6S)

Something tells me "wait for the other one"

With amping up the minimum size to 32GB, is Apple trying to make the iPhone a niche product again? People could afford the 16GB version, but now the 32?
Old 8th September 2016, 18:56   #9198
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you IronH4WK. Except dual camera on 7 plus, it doesn't really seem like a major update from 6S.

On a related note, here is an article I stumbled upon today.

Quote:
The only way for Apple to boost its revenue significantly, at this point, is to get people to buy its products in countries where they aren’t already popular—most important, in the world’s most populous countries, China and India. These days, though, the Chinese and Indians who are buying phones for the first time aren’t buying iPhones in particularly large numbers.

Last edited by noopster : 8th September 2016 at 20:34. Reason: Added an extract and formatted link better
Old 8th September 2016, 20:15   #9199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
I am going to wait for 7s and pick it up. The 's' versions get update support for longer time than regular versions.
I think that s versions get the same duration of update support. They are released a year later.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 8th September 2016 at 20:17.
Old 8th September 2016, 22:11   #9200
Distinguished - BHPian

I honestly expect less changes this time with the 7s model. It will probably be the iphone 8 that would be again carrying some significant changes.
Old 9th September 2016, 06:33   #9201
Team-BHP Support

ios10 final release is available via beta download from today
Old 9th September 2016, 08:14   #9202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I think that s versions get the same duration of update support. They are released a year later.
That could change in 2017/2018 though since 6s has force touch; the 6 doesn't.

If you notice, most of the enhancements in iOS have been based on force touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
ios10 final release is available via beta download from today
Wouldn't you want to wait for three more days and get the commercial version on Sept 13th?
Old 9th September 2016, 09:47   #9203
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

I already have iOS 10 ready for download!

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1473394622.407763.jpg

Is it because I already had beta 6?

Edit: Checked wife's 5S; still shows 9.3.5.

Edit, again: BRB after the update

Last edited by IronH4WK : 9th September 2016 at 09:55.
Old 9th September 2016, 09:59   #9204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Attachment 1551957

yes, because you already had iOS10 beta, that's exactly the reason you already have iOS 10 and it's called GM (golden master) release build. this is exactly the same build which would be released to all on 13th Sept.

i was also on beta ios10 and i have also updated my iPhone 6S to iOS10 GM build today morning.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:19   #9205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1551957

If you want your wife on beta versions as well, have her go to https://beta.apple.com and enroll her device - sign in with her apple ID, and once she enrolls her device a beta profile will get installed and that will trigger a download of the beta.

She will stay on betas remember - that means much more frequent downloads once every few weeks. And they could brick her phone - that's a minimal risk you accept when you go onto beta. The bonus is of course that people on betas get a look at new features well before those on an older iOS

What you currently have with you is the GM candidate (gold master candidate) meaning that barring any unforeseen minor changes this is almost what is going to be distributed as iOS 10 in a few weeks.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:21   #9206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
yes, because you already had iOS10 beta, that's exactly the reason you already have iOS 10 and it's called GM (golden master) release build. this is exactly the same build which would be released to all on 13th Sept.

i was also on beta ios10 and i have also updated my iPhone 6S to iOS10 GM build today morning.

Wow! I already feel special

Btw, the download is painfully slow on a 50Mbps connection. Maybe the Apple servers are swamped.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:32   #9207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! I already feel special

Btw, the download is painfully slow on a 50Mbps connection. Maybe the Apple servers are swamped.
It is over a GB. I have a 100 Mbps connection from ACT broadband, and updated my phone not ten minutes back. Took a minute or so to download is all - funny.
Old 9th September 2016, 11:30   #9208
Senior - BHPian

So whats the hottest selling color going to be. Iam feel the matte black followed by the rest.
Big disappointment hearing that the airpods are priced at 10k odd. I thought it would come with the phone. Another blow is that the ear pods cant be used on lower versions of the iphone like the 6 and so on. So ive heard.

i feel it makes sense to pick up the so called international warranty iphone 7 versions.
Only because you know in another 11months and 28days your version(7) will be outdated and you probably will have the 7s.

PS: International Warranty may work here is what i know of.
Old 9th September 2016, 11:43   #9209
Senior - BHPian

Earpods (wired lightning earbuds) come with the phone. They also include a lightning to RCA jack adaptor so these will work with other phones.

The airpods are wireless headphones and an extra cost.

As for applecare - that is valid in all locations where applecare exists, but you have to buy it separately when or after you buy your Apple device

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-sup...macapacen.html

(iv) This Plan is offered and valid only if you are a resident of a country in which Apple or its affiliated companies offers the Plan that are set forth here: www.apple.com/legal/applecare/countrylist.html. This Plan is not offered to persons who have not reached the age of majority. This Plan is not available where prohibited by law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
So whats the hottest selling color going to be. Iam feel the matte black followed by the rest.
Big disappointment hearing that the airpods are priced at 10k odd. I thought it would come with the phone. Another blow is that the ear pods cant be used on lower versions of the iphone like the 6 and so on. So ive heard.

i feel it makes sense to pick up the so called international warranty iphone 7 versions.
Only because you know in another 11months and 28days your version(7) will be outdated and you probably will have the 7s.

PS: International Warranty may work here is what i know of.
Old 9th September 2016, 13:07   #9210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Do Iphones have a fast charging option?
I find the iPhone’s charging quite fast. My 5S and the Galaxy S7 Edge take around the same time to charge.

Quote:
I'm two minds about the 7 and 7+. Apple always got things right in their S models - 4S was better than 4, 5S was better than 5, 6S was (wait for it) better than 6! (Yep, I got a 6S)
If you are already on 6s, better to skip the 7 and wait for model next year.

I wanted the Jet black 7 as my office phone replacement (5s), but a big downer that it comes only in 128 and 256GB only!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks