Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2018, 15:00   #10846
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
my wife's iPhone 6 has been acting strange lately. It switches off as soon as the battery reaches 20%, I have done an IOS 11.2 update yesterday, not sure that has fixed it.

The phone is still in warranty, Should I take it to the service center or is this some known issue/bug?
I have a 6 that ios 11 hasn't been kind to but no problem of the phone switching off at 20%.

Do visit the service center to check if you can get the battery changed though; as part of Apple's recent move after all the "Apple slows down phone" backlash.
Old 10th January 2018, 15:55   #10847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I have a 6 that ios 11 hasn't been kind to but no problem of the phone switching off at 20%.

Do visit the service center to check if you can get the battery changed though; as part of Apple's recent move after all the "Apple slows down phone" backlash.
Looked on the internet, its actually a bug. The apple service center is little far, but wont be a bad idea to pay them a visit.

Pramod
Old 10th January 2018, 16:13   #10848
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The phone is still in warranty, Should I take it to the service center or is this some known issue/bug?

Pramod
Absolutely Yes take it to showroom service, insist on getting a replacement or battery change. This is the first sign of battery failing. I made the mistake of ignoring this with my iPhone 7 and realised the headache one week after the warranty got over.
Old 10th January 2018, 17:06   #10849
Distinguished - BHPian

Any compelling reason to complete the iOS upgrade to 11 ? Or can I just continue with the current iOS on my iPhone SE ? ( It is about 5 months old )
Old 10th January 2018, 19:21   #10850
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Any compelling reason to complete the iOS upgrade to 11 ? Or can I just continue with the current iOS on my iPhone SE ? ( It is about 5 months old )
The latest update has patches to cover the security flaws. More info http://www.iclarified.com/64060/appl...-1122-download
Old 10th January 2018, 23:01   #10851
BHPian

I noticed Apple Maps icon in my Creta today. Has anyone else noticed it in their car system? Only thing is on clicking the icon, the entire screen goes blank except the right hand strip of icons. This is prior to updating to 11.2.2.
Old 11th January 2018, 06:40   #10852
Senior - BHPian

Exactly!

This is my usage scenario. Blor traffic is so slow these days - forget taking your eyes off the road to take calls, one can do the full samba even :-). On the highway (And in my case, Dubai) one might not be able to take eyes off the road I agree.

Also, having moved to the Xs screen, now both my 6S and & 7 are lying unused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
device will unlock by just tapping on the screen.
Old 11th January 2018, 08:28   #10853
Distinguished - BHPian

I keep hearing from friends and colleagues on how the IphoneX is turning out to be a disappointment for them (wrt the build-up and the high price). A colleague who has it from day one still has issues unlocking via the facelock. Might be a one-off issue with his phone/setup; but clearly Iphone seems to be losing its' control

P.s. Not starting/looking for a debate. I'm sure there are several happy owners (especially on this forum) Just an opinion.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 11th January 2018 at 08:31.
Old 11th January 2018, 09:06   #10854
Team-BHP Support

My main concern with the X is the current dependency I have with the touch id recognition. Almost all my apps (which requires authentication) for bank, mobile, utilities etc. goes with the touch id; a shift to X will mean that I will have to go back to typing in passwords (at least until this face id thing become mainstream). I won't be surprised if manufacturers soon come up with screen touch recognition instead of physical button.
Old 11th January 2018, 09:32   #10855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
My main concern with the X is the current dependency I have with the touch id recognition. Almost all my apps (which requires authentication) for bank, mobile, utilities etc. goes with the touch id; a shift to X will mean that I will have to go back to typing in passwords (at least until this face id thing become mainstream). I won't be surprised if manufacturers soon come up with screen touch recognition instead of physical button.
Its already there

CHECK HERE

"This is a look at the first in-screen fingerprint scanner for phones. This same tech was rumored to go in the iPhone and Samsung phones, so it's kind of a big deal #CES2018"

Cheers!
Old 11th January 2018, 09:54   #10856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
My battery lasts 3/4 of the day with similar usage and I do have to charge it in the car on my way back home from office. Its not a big inconvenience as of now so I have steered clear of a replacement or using a battery case.
ip6s is the phone given to us by our company for emails & official communication - So, I "have" to stick to using it, otherwise, I would snap back to Android in a blink.

From last 2 updates, I have also observed the battery barely makes it through 1/2 to 3/4 of a working day.
Before ioS 11 it was okay.
Now, even after a week's worth of charge-discharge cycles, the battery backup is still abysmal.

Any tips on that?

thank you,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 11th January 2018 at 09:55.
Old 11th January 2018, 11:18   #10857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
My main concern with the X is the current dependency I have with the touch id recognition. Almost all my apps (which requires authentication) for bank, mobile, utilities etc. goes with the touch id; a shift to X will mean that I will have to go back to typing in passwords (at least until this face id thing become mainstream).
huh?! no! Face id has taken over from touch id, wherever an authentication is required, double click power to initiate face id, and it works flawless. Right from iTunes to banking apps i have been using this.
Old 11th January 2018, 11:44   #10858
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you are still on iOS 10, please stick to it.
iOS 11 is really not much of an upgrade for iPhone SE and it still has a lot of flaws. Each version upgrade on iOS 11 will come to you saying it has a bug fix in it. If you are on iOS 10, there is nothing to worry about the iOS 11 bug.

Its too hard to resist upgrade, but it is just not worth it this time. I've been upgrading my iOS every year at 10:30pm IST when Apple releases it worldwide. I felt let down with the upgrade once in 2014 (iOS 8) and 2017 (iOS 11). And sadly you cant revert to the previous iOS (although there are some tedious routes/hacks for the same).
Old 11th January 2018, 11:44   #10859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Its already there
Wonderful! Thanks for the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
huh?! no! Face id has taken over from touch id, wherever an authentication is required, double click power to initiate face id, and it works flawless. Right from iTunes to banking apps i have been using this.
Good to know, Thank you!
Old 11th January 2018, 12:05   #10860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
If you are still on iOS 10, please stick to it.
Thanks. I have been putting it off. I just hope it does not do it automatically.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks