Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2017, 03:29   #10501
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

For anyone facing issues with iOS 11.x, please do a restore from iTunes and then restore from your backup. I was also facing performance issues on my iPhone 6s Plus and they have been resolved after restoring.
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:19   #10502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Truly. I was going to upgrade either way, considering I missed out on 2 generations. But I wanted to first see the iphone x and then decide. But it got so frustrating I just couldn't wait.
I have an old 5S which I updated into the latest OS. Not much of issues actually.
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:03   #10503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I too updated to the latest iOS 11.0.1, and how I regret that I should have checked this thread before doing so. The battery life is now drastically reduced. Before the update, the battery would only reduce by 2-3% over the night. But post update, it gets reduced by 20-25%!!
Other than this, there is another issue which I noticed. When I pick the phone after some time, I notice that its connected to Mobile data, instead of the Wifi. As soon as I pick it up and unlock, it connects to Wifi. So, I think this might be affecting the bettery drop during night, as it might be automatically disconnecting the Wifi and connecting to Mobile data.
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:41   #10504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
For anyone facing issues with iOS 11.x, please do a restore from iTunes and then restore from your backup. I was also facing performance issues on my iPhone 6s Plus and they have been resolved after restoring.
Do you mean, restoring to 10.x version? My phone6 is struggling from the very day I upgraded to iOS 11. Apps getting slow, battery drain issues, delayed response to touches- and the list goes on, unfortunately. I am forced to go back to 10.x - planning to do so, over the weekend. I feel like I am using a non-apple phone.

PS : Any means/steps/suggestions on going back/ restoring to 10.3 is welcome.
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:49   #10505
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, mine might be the queerest issue of all (after the upgrade to iOS 11 on my 7 Plus) - the brightness of the display keeps dimming down by itself to almost 20%!

I keep increasing it to around 40% but it's of no use. Every time I pick up the phone afterwards, it's back to the 20% mark.

I upgraded about 2 weeks back. Everything else seems fine.
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:44   #10506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Do you mean, restoring to 10.x version? My phone6 is struggling from the very day I upgraded to iOS 11. Apps getting slow, battery drain issues, delayed response to touches- and the list goes on, unfortunately. I am forced to go back to 10.x - planning to do so, over the weekend. I feel like I am using a non-apple phone.

Had similar issues on wife's iPhone 6 after iOS11 update. And this is what I have done.

1) Did a full backup using iTunes after iOS 11 upgrade.
2) Factory reset phone.
3) Restore from iTunes backup.

Things were fine ever since
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:16   #10507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Well, mine might be the queerest issue of all (after the upgrade to iOS 11 on my 7 Plus) - the brightness of the display keeps dimming down by itself to almost 20%!

I keep increasing it to around 40% but it's of no use. Every time I pick up the phone afterwards, it's back to the 20% mark.

I upgraded about 2 weeks back. Everything else seems fine.
Checked Auto-Brightness settings? It is now under General>Accessibility>display accommodations.
Old 3rd October 2017, 23:57   #10508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Checked Auto-Brightness settings? It is now under General>Accessibility>display accommodations.
Many thanks, Ritesh. I couldn't find it earlier.

Have set it to "Off" now. Let's see what happens.
Old 4th October 2017, 05:51   #10509
BHPian

Quote:

Generally, window to revert to the previous version is closed within few days of release of iOS update and hence this may not be possible now, unless phone is jailbroken.
Old 4th October 2017, 05:54   #10510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No to the latest iOS version via iTunes rather than do it off the air. Steps
1. Create a back up via iTunes
2. Restore to the latest iOS 11.x via iTunes
3. Do not set up as a new phone. Restore from the back up created in the first step.
Old 4th October 2017, 09:39   #10511
Senior - BHPian

There is already an IOS 11.0.2

Says bug fixes on hidden photos , crackling audio on 8 and something to do with email encrypted files
Old 4th October 2017, 13:19   #10512
Senior - BHPian

Just a heads-up if anyone's looking for a iPhone 8, Paytm has a 10k cashback on most models and the seller "Big Boss" Delhi is a brand authorised seller.

https://paytmmall.com/iPhone-8-launc...1&q=iphone%208
Old 6th October 2017, 15:07   #10513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Just a heads-up if anyone's looking for a iPhone 8, Paytm has a 10k cashback on most models and the seller "Big Boss" Delhi is a brand authorised seller.

Noticed it today. I am a bit confused between buying a 64 gb or 256gb. I was using a 6s with 64 GB ( till I passed it on to the Mrs and got an SE which I hate for the small size) and that seemed sufficient. But then I use my phones for atleast 3 years and 64 GB shouldn't fall short.
Anyhowz, I am waiting for the Silver 256 to show up and will take a call then.

Edit:PAYTM now allows you to input GSTIN. For me, thats a huge deal as I purchase in my Company name and with GSTIN, I will get Input Tax credit for the 12% GST applicable on phones.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 6th October 2017 at 15:08.
Old 6th October 2017, 16:18   #10514
BHPian

Visited Nyasa Apple Reseller at Phoenix Market City, Kurla, Mumbai.
Enquired about iPhone X pre-order with special emphasis on exchanging my iPhone 7 plus for it.
The lady at the store mentioned that I could expect a buy back of between Rs 35,000 to 40,000.
Asked about Citibank card cash back and the lady mentioned she could not comment on that but it would be announced once pre-orders began.

Pre-orders start on 25th Oct 2017. Will wait for final offer details before making a decision.
Old 6th October 2017, 16:56   #10515
BHPian

Picked up a silver iphone 7, 32GB for 38500 (including a cashback of 1.5k via citicard)on Amazon. Getting the delivery tomorrow morning. Also ordered a casedodo frosted cover.

Last edited by sumathindra : 6th October 2017 at 16:57. Reason: edits

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks