Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 10:14   #10531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Tell me about it! In iOS 10, if you disabled the wifi or Bluetooth from the control centre, it would disable it completely. Don't know why it's different in 11.
I realised this was the case with Bluetooth as well only yesterday. To some extent I understand that Wifi is used for location accuracy, but I dont understand what is the point in doing this for bluetooth. All I see is to keep the AirDrop service working by not turning off wifi or bluetooth. Sometimes I prefer turning off bluetooth especially on weekends when I am not using the car for long and also at times to save battery. Now I have to go to settings and turn off Wifi and BT there. They havent even provided a 3D touch option in the control center to choose whether to cut connections or completely turn off the feature itself.

I wish there was an option to roll back to 10 without having to reset the phone.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:49   #10532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
To some extent I understand that Wifi is used for location accuracy, but I dont understand what is the point in doing this for bluetooth.
It could be to support the Airpods on the iP 7 and onwards. I believe they work on Bluetooth.
Old 9th October 2017, 14:35   #10533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
It could be to support the Airpods on the iP 7 and onwards. I believe they work on Bluetooth.
Add Apple watch as well to the list. Meanwhile I haven't seen much of a battery life difference on iOS whether BT / WiFi is enabled or not
Old 11th October 2017, 22:55   #10534
BHPian

Got an update for iOS 11.0.3. Updating now, will share any issues identified.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507742737.065189.jpg
Old 11th October 2017, 23:44   #10535
Senior - BHPian

So ordered two iPhones from flipkart for family members -

iPhone 6s - Rs,34,999

iPhone 7 - Rs. 42,999

Though I am using an iPad since last 1.5 years, these will be first iPhones in our family.
Old 12th October 2017, 08:56   #10536
Team-BHP Support

http://aurora.dawn.com/news/1142431/...itable-product

Is it true?
Old 12th October 2017, 09:24   #10537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I think the screen has been Samsung for a while now, but the processor? That I doubt.

Samsung itself seems to be relying on Qualcomm for their processors and Apple seems to be way ahead of them in that aspect.
Old 12th October 2017, 10:29   #10538
BHPian

iPhones use custom chips designed by Apple and manufactured by various suppliers. Samsung being one of them. However, apple designed processors are not being used in any other devices.
Old 12th October 2017, 16:10   #10539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I think the screen has been Samsung for a while now, but the processor? That I doubt.

Samsung itself seems to be relying on Qualcomm for their processors and Apple seems to be way ahead of them in that aspect.
Samsung does manufacture processors for Apple. See this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A9 May be its true for latest bionic chip as well.

Chips are designed by Apple and fabricated by other companies. With the complexities of patents and other legal blocks, Samsung cannot use the same in their phones or supply the same to anyone but Apple.
Old 12th October 2017, 16:18   #10540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Samsung does manufacture processors for Apple. See this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A9 May be its true for latest bionic chip as well.

Chips are designed by Apple and fabricated by other companies. With the complexities of patents and other legal blocks, Samsung cannot use the same in their phones or supply the same to anyone but Apple.

The A9 was sourced from both Samsung and TSMC. The A10 and A11 are sourced from TSMC only. TSMC is a contract manufacturer, designed for use for Apple only. Coming to NAND and DRAM, samsung was added as a supplier because the others could not meet Apple's requirement demands.
Apple has created a global shortage of NAND chips, since Apple alone sources close to 20% of the world's supply.
The LCD displays on the 7/8 are manufactured by a Japanese company called Japan display. The only thing Samsung makes a full profit on, is the AMOLED display on the X.
Old 12th October 2017, 16:37   #10541
Senior - BHPian

Bluetooth Issue

Guys,

After upgrading to IOS 11, i have been facing an issue with blue-tooth in my Fiat Linea Blue & Me hands free.
The connectivity is very intermittent hence telephone calls are disconnected and need to remove and pair the blue&me again.
I haven't observed any issue before IOS 11 and using Blue&Me is like a charm and used to take conference call over it without any hassle.
A lot of issues have been raised in apple forum without any suitable solutions.
I have tried all suggested solutions, till now no luck :(
Any of our members have noticed it with Hands free or any blue-tooth devices to pair up with your apple device upgraded to IOS11.

Any fixations will be appreciated.

Hope Apple will release another software update to fix blue-tooth and battery issues.
Old 12th October 2017, 17:21   #10542
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Guys,

After upgrading to IOS 11, i have been facing an issue with blue-tooth in my Fiat Linea Blue & Me hands free.
The connectivity is very intermittent hence telephone calls are disconnected and need to remove and pair the blue&me again.
I haven't observed any issue before IOS 11 and using Blue&Me is like a charm and used to take conference call over it without any hassle.
A lot of issues have been raised in apple forum without any suitable solutions.
I have tried all suggested solutions, till now no luck :(
Any of our members have noticed it with Hands free or any blue-tooth devices to pair up with your apple device upgraded to IOS11.

Any fixations will be appreciated.

Hope Apple will release another software update to fix blue-tooth and battery issues.
Every iOS iteration had given me pain in terms of Bluetooth connectivity to Car. Mostly it fixes after a couple of OS updates from Apple. Regarding battery issues, it seems like with 11.0.3 and "Reset all settings", it's much better.
Old 12th October 2017, 17:48   #10543
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
The connectivity is very intermittent hence telephone calls are disconnected and need to remove and pair the blue&me again..
I have a 7 and upgraded to 11.0.3 today, connects to my bluetooth Harmon Kardon faster than before. Will have a check on the car connectivity tomorrow morning. I find the short cuts and few other things very user-friendly. Still exploring the changes that are seen in various areas
Old 12th October 2017, 23:58   #10544
BHPian

@aks_karthik I also face the same problem when connected to blue and me from my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11. The Bluetooth turns off all of a sudden in between calls. Tried all solutions but no luck from end too. I haven't updated to the latest 11.0.3 don't know what would be in store there. Keep us posted if you find any solution.
Old 13th October 2017, 00:24   #10545
Team-BHP Support

Just updated wife's SE to 11.0.2 a couple days ago, no hiccups.

The phone never had any issues with 11.x to begin with, but that's probably because I updated the OS right out of the box before first-use setup last month.

The phone has lost only about 20% charge over 13 hours of usage today, pretty great in my limited iOS experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks