Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2019, 22:09   #11956
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

If I get an iPhone from USA with Apple care+ will the Apple care coverage be valid for repairs in India?

What other alternate coverage/insurance packs are available in india that can safeguard a person who is clumsy and prone to phone damages?

Last edited by Sahil : 2nd September 2019 at 22:12.
Old 2nd September 2019, 22:30   #11957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
If I get an iPhone from USA with Apple care+ will the Apple care coverage be valid for repairs in India?

What other alternate coverage/insurance packs are available in india that can safeguard a person who is clumsy and prone to phone damages?
Yes, Apple Care is valid globally! Its the best accessory for your iPhone, there are no other alternatives available that offer services globally.
Old 2nd September 2019, 23:09   #11958
BHPian

What's the best place to get Apple Care?
Old 2nd September 2019, 23:33   #11959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Yes, Apple Care is valid globally! Its the best accessory for your iPhone, there are no other alternatives available that offer services globally.
You are mistaken. Apple Care on the iPhone doesn't provide worldwide coverage and is restricted to the country of purchase.

Quote:
Warranty restriction! - http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/...cument-us.html - "IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE. Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device." <-- The warranty does not outright deny warranty coverage in other countries but there are many limitations to the effect they almost certainly will refuse to do repairs under warranty or even repairs at all except where you bought it. The phone would have to be sent to a friend in in the country of purchase to handle any repair claims because Apple will not handle international shipping.
Old 4th September 2019, 11:16   #11960
BHPian

I thought international Apple warranty is applicable in India too.

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...700-2017-10-26
Old 4th September 2019, 12:09   #11961
BHPian

This International Warranty seems to be a given, rather than written in Print. No where on the Apple warranty pages, is the same mentioned apart from the numerous news articles that appear when you do a google search.
That being said, I have a feeling that Apple doesn't outright reject such ( out of country purchased device) repairs. Never have I, had the need to take one in ( and fingers crossed), but I have successfully managed to add an Apple Protection Plan( somewhat equivalent of Apple Care +) purchased in India for a device purchased in USA. This extends the warranty by 1 more year + gives free battery replacement incase the same degrades below 80% on their counter.
Old 4th September 2019, 12:14   #11962
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
What's the best place to get Apple Care?
I got the best deal on amazon India. The seller needs serial number etc and activated the plan immediately for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3p View Post
You are mistaken. Apple Care on the iPhone doesn't provide worldwide coverage and is restricted to the country of purchase.
Need to check, warranty maybe International. But apple care may not be, not sure but needs to check.
Old 4th September 2019, 13:47   #11963
BHPian

I spoke with Apple India and also with Imagine Technologies/Ample Technologies (AASL for India); and both of them clearly told me that iPhones bought anywhere in the world will have complete valid warranty in India and anywhere else in the world; and I too bought AppleCare here from Apple through Imagine here in Bangalore for my USA-bought iPhone XRs.

Cheers
Old 4th September 2019, 15:03   #11964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I got the best deal on amazon India. The seller needs serial number etc and activated the plan immediately for me.
Me too, doing the same since last 2 times. Absolutely hassle free and 100% reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I spoke with Apple India and also with Imagine Technologies/Ample Technologies (AASL for India); and both of them clearly told me that iPhones bought anywhere in the world will have complete valid warranty in India and anywhere else in the world
This is comforting.
Old 4th September 2019, 16:06   #11965
BHPian

This kind of tilts the Pixel vs iPhone debate in my head slightly in favour of the iPhone. International warranty is just so helpful for those who travel between countries quite often apart from the financial benefits of getting it from the US. Lack of servicing options for the Pixel is another downer.
Old 5th September 2019, 17:20   #11966
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded their ROM aftermarket? I have a 4S which is of 16GB and would like to replace it with a 64 or 128 GB ROM primarily to use the phone to store music. Appreciate any pointers in Chennai.
Old 5th September 2019, 18:57   #11967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
Has anyone upgraded their ROM aftermarket? I have a 4S which is of 16GB and would like to replace it with a 64 or 128 GB ROM primarily to use the phone to store music. Appreciate any pointers in Chennai.
Not the answer you want to hear but if your phone is being used as dedicated music player at home, how about connecting to Home wifi and using apps like Saavn, Gaana, spotify etc?
Old 6th September 2019, 12:53   #11968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Hi Jaggu - can you please share the link for this? I found one for XR. Costing around ₹4400. Is this the one? Is it safe to buy the AppleCare form amazon?
Old 6th September 2019, 13:09   #11969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi Jaggu - can you please share the link for this? I found one for XR. Costing around ₹4400. Is this the one? Is it safe to buy the AppleCare form amazon?
Yes I guess that is similar one, you can just message the seller to be sure. The one I bought, right now is not listed.
Old 6th September 2019, 14:31   #11970
BHPian

I bought from Anik.
https://www.amazon.in/Anik-AppleCare...t-items&sr=1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
would like to replace it with a 64 or 128 GB ROM primarily to use the phone to store music.

iPods are still available and sold. New Gen ones.

ROM would be on the motherboard,so someone doing a chip level solder job and having a spare 4s motherboard for 64/128 GB can try his luck.

I would rather recommend you, to buy a used/refurbished 64/128GB 6s but the best solution would be to buy a new iPod if you don't use the iPhone as your phone.

Last edited by navin : 6th September 2019 at 15:16.

Most Viewed