Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2019, 17:08   #12091
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

It is not just customizing. I am using the same UI that Pixel 2 XL provided in the box. But simple things like getting songs not being bound to the crappy iTunes on windows, easily sharing photos or documents, or editing and sharing content freely without having to buy another app or even changing ringtones is a freedom that many seek.
Though I didn't find any difficulty in copying songs using iTunes (iTunes by the way is one of the best music management softwares if one knows how to use it), I do not recall when was the last time I transferred songs to my iPhone. Whatever songs are there now were transferred at least 2 yrs back. I used to purchase albums in iTunes Store which would directly download the songs to my phone but even that's stopped now with the advent of music streaming apps like amazon music and the likes. I very rarely use the native music app now.

And WA has been around for a decade now - so sharing pics, docs were never an issue. I rarely see anyone now using BT to transfer pics.

Quote:
I too was confounded by this, but the reasons are generally logical, as long as you are using well known apps. For example, access to phone may enable camera to send or assign pictures to contacts.
I guess I wasn't clear. I'm fine with the native camera app permissions. But 3rd party camera apps only need access to native photo albums to save the images and from there I can assign them to contacts.

Quote:
Well, you get one life, so a question we should sometimes as is 'why not enjoy the best there is to offer once in a while, rather than being satisfied by something that keeps on working?'
Again for me, enjoying the best is with my family, kids and friends, not with the latest gadgets
Old 17th September 2019, 18:10   #12092
BHPian

Wow, this thread just bursted out into a fanboy war in moments.

I'm a oneplus "Pro"?! user, if you ask me, every phone its advantages and disadvantages. I was an ex-iphone user, just to make a point.

We are not salesmen for the brands, but meagre user. We just are numbers to companies. Shall we just take this multiple notches down, please?

Yes iphones are expensive, but it has its own perks. and androids are affordable because it has its own reasons.

Pixel tried an "iphone" and if you ask my opinion, it failed miseably.

Many people don't know that the major audience of iphones are on contract with their carriers, and the expense doesn't look much.
In another way, i've been given an option to pick and iphone 11 max or Note 10+, for same monthly contract. I would prefer an iphone because its maked at a higher price, and simply most of my contacts have the same ecosystem.

And in India, being very blunt, iphone users are perceived higher stature than a similarly specced and placed android phones. Figure the current perceived value of Iphone 6s and a samsung galaxy S6.

And android users are looked as geeks, though the best most do is install an apk from an untrusted source.

Every phone has its weakness and strengths. pick your poison, and behappy with it.
Old 17th September 2019, 18:37   #12093
BHPian

Lets get few things right:

1. iPhone is not a status symbol.
2. People who complain about iPhone prices and compare with Android phones with superior hardware should go and see movies such as Moneyball. Why? Individual firepower of components/people is meaningless if when combined together they cannot deliver on superior performance or win matches.
3. Quality over quantity always thrives and true picture lies in the details. A 32MP camera with average optics and components can never beat a superior 12MP camera with high grade components. So lets not compare XYZ phone with 32MP camera at 1/3 price to iPhone or any other high end phone like Note/Pixel series etc.
4. iPhone has some very absurd restrictions but no ecosystem is perfect. One should buy into a ecosystem that one likes and exploit/use it to the fullest.
5. iPhone haters must not go in for the fallacy of comparing hardware to hardware specifications alone as that will never give true picture. Refinement is what matters!
Old 18th September 2019, 07:31   #12094
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

The new iPhone 11 reviews are in and the verdict is the new Iphone is the king in battery and camera ! Majority of the reviewers gave thumbs up to the new night mode ! All these reviews are tempting me to buy the new iPhone ! However I will hold on to the XR till 5G comes

Edit - I asked this in fitness trackers , smart watch thread . No reply. It seems with the latest iOS 13 and watchOS 6 update, ECG is activated in India. I am planning for an Apple Watch this time. Should I get the series 3 or 5, since 4 is discontinued. The series 3 will have some good discounts and offers during the upcoming online sales. Budget is not a problem, however value should be there to justify the price .

Last edited by sairamboko : 18th September 2019 at 07:37.
Old 18th September 2019, 09:05   #12095
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post

Edit - I asked this in fitness trackers , smart watch thread . No reply. It seems with the latest iOS 13 and watchOS 6 update, ECG is activated in India..

Hi! I cannot find that piece of news anywhere. Are you sure ECG is updated in India with WatchOS 6? Apple generally makes a big deal about letting people know which countries ECG is available now.
Old 18th September 2019, 09:12   #12096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Hi! I cannot find that piece of news anywhere. Are you sure ECG is updated in India with WatchOS 6? Apple generally makes a big deal about letting people know which countries ECG is available now.

It's all over Twitter -
https://twitter.com/appleterminal/st...225106433?s=21
Old 18th September 2019, 10:36   #12097
Senior - BHPian

The only country mentioned this to work was India. But people are posting messages that it's not working yet. So lets wait and 'iwatch'
Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Old 19th September 2019, 17:35   #12098
BHPian

The HDFC card launch offers are here : 6000 cash back for 11 and Pro models. 7000 cash back for pro max and 4000 for watch. The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1568894727.605388.jpg

URL -
https://www.indiaistore.com/launch-2019/#
Old 20th September 2019, 08:31   #12099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The only country mentioned this to work was India. But people are posting messages that it's not working yet. So lets wait and 'iwatch'
ECG feature has been made available for India through WatchOS6. but i will wait to install ios 13.1 and then upgrade.
Old 20th September 2019, 12:43   #12100
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone upgraded to 13?
The reviews are coming mixed.
Old 20th September 2019, 12:51   #12101
Senior - BHPian

I just upgraded to 13. Will play around with it today. So far, so good.
Old 20th September 2019, 12:52   #12102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anyone upgraded to 13?
I upgraded my 6S yesterday night. The total update size was 1.7 GB. Went in smoothly. Haven't noticed any issues so far. Feels a tad bit faster now.
Old 20th September 2019, 12:59   #12103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyone upgraded to 13?
Just read this. People might want to hold off the update until 24-Sept.

Quote:
iOS 13.0 has just arrived, but Apple is already bumping up the release date for its first big update: both iOS 13.1 and iPadOS will now be released on September 24th instead of the originally announced September 30th release date.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/19/2...fixes-features

PS: I just updated my wife's 6s to 13. I'm on 6 so stuck.
Old 20th September 2019, 13:02   #12104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
The HDFC card launch offers are here
====
URL -
https://www.indiaistore.com/launch-2019/#
The physical shops seems to be least interested and have no clue I guess!

I tried iplanet in Indira Nagar, they took my details down and said "manager not there, and only he knows how much stock is available and if my order can be serviced". Did not take any money and hence couldn't pre book.

Imagine - tried their online chat and they are equally clueless on how to preorder and collect from store. Asked me to goto store, and I had no mood to spend my day running from one end of city to other.

I had shown interest online at both these places 2 days back I guess and no response on that either.

Finally amazon ki jai! Received an email my Wishlist is available and order soon and it would be out of stock if not. I guess supply is restricted. Took a beating of 1k on discount (7k at store Vs 6k on Amazon), preordered iPhone 11 Pro on 6 months emi option and already the model I picked is out of stock.

The whole move of apple controlling the cash back has killed the sales I guess. Maybe since supply is limited at launch they may not feel it. Online guys hardly had any push and the stores are as incompetent as it can be. Apple is losing its charm with all these stupid moves....

Quote:
Anyone upgraded to 13?
I am on 13 since yesterday night, so far so good. Not really checked for battery drain yet but otherwise things seems to be ok. Relieved that so far no bugs for me, as reported.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th September 2019 at 13:17.
Old 20th September 2019, 13:06   #12105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone upgraded to 13?
I have updated today morning to iOS13 and watchos 6. all working fine so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks