Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2017, 10:02   #10171
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
There is a strange problem i am facing on my iPhone 7 these days. When i open the appstore for updating the apps, none of the apps get updated, they just be at the waiting stage. Any idea what might the issue ?
Are you trying to update these over Wifi, or using your data connection?
Either case, try with the other option and see if that helps.

I face a similar issue when trying to update apps over the office wifi network, but it works fine when on 3G/4G or on home wifi.
Old 21st June 2017, 12:44   #10172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Are you trying to update these over Wifi, or using your data connection?

Either case, try with the other option and see if that helps.

I face a similar issue when trying to update apps over the office wifi network, but it works fine when on 3G/4G or on home wifi.

I tried it at home over wifi, and i have been using the wfi for over 4 years now. Will give it a try using data connection.
Old 21st June 2017, 12:56   #10173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I tried it at home over wifi, and i have been using the wfi for over 4 years now. Will give it a try using data connection.
Try loging out and login again into the appstore once. Sometimes this helps in solving such issues. Also double check the auto download permissions, if they were affected during update or such.
Old 21st June 2017, 13:03   #10174
BHPian

Quote:
There is a strange problem i am facing on my iPhone 7 these days. When i open the appstore for updating the apps, none of the apps get updated, they just be at the waiting stage. Any idea what might the issue ?
I have seen this issue on my friends iPhone but I haven't seen such problem in my 6S . I suggested my friend to delete the app and download it again from the app store .
Old 21st June 2017, 16:29   #10175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I have seen this issue on my friends iPhone but I haven't seen such problem in my 6S . I suggested my friend to delete the app and download it again from the app store .

Issue solved, i just logged out of the appstore and logged in again, everything seems fine as of now.
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:48   #10176
Senior - BHPian

Which is the best time to buy the iPhone 7 to get the best price. Is it this month before GST is implemented or before the release of iPhone 8.
Old 24th June 2017, 03:13   #10177
BHPian

^After the release of 8. :P
Old 24th June 2017, 09:30   #10178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Which is the best time to buy the iPhone 7 to get the best price. Is it this month before GST is implemented or before the release of iPhone 8.
iPhones are having mouthwatering offers on PayTM these days. Most probably to make sure maximum shipments are done before GST kicks in. To have a significant price difference, wait for the 8 to be released.
Old 24th June 2017, 14:31   #10179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I would say buying one right now makes the most sense. Prices are rock bottom thanks to the sale by PayTM and Flipkart (compare prices on both if you plan to buy). And don't be scared buying online. Flipkart is authorised reseller of Apple products. On PayTM, just look at seller rating. If it is 4* and above, don't worry and order. I say this after buying a MacBook and a couple of phones from PayTM.

Yes, the price will reduce after release of the next iPhone but it won't be immediate from the trend that I have noticed over the past 3-4 years. Price of 7 and 7 Plus will most likely increase a bit or stay at current levels for a few months post release of the next iPhone. This is to ensure that the new one sells more than old ones. Then, prices of old ones will reduce. Also, if you buy one now, you have this mental satisfaction of having bought the current flagship iPhone. Once the new one comes out, this feeling goes and for some (including me), it matters

Cheers!
Old 25th June 2017, 09:33   #10180
BANNED

Hi all,
I have been using Nexus 5 for last 4 years, but Google has stopped giving updates. Other than a average camera I don't miss anything as I'm not into gaming and stuff. How long does Apple usually give updates to phones? For eg: let's take iPhone 7, till which year would they get updates on an average? Anyone who has jumped from Android to iOS here? Do you miss anything from Android ecosystem? I use an iPad and it lack of a going back option like Android devices and is bit annoying to press the home button every single time.
Old 25th June 2017, 10:05   #10181
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi all,
I have been using Nexus 5 for last 4 years, but Google has stopped giving updates. Other than a average camera I don't miss anything as I'm not into gaming and stuff. How long does Apple usually give updates to phones? For eg: let's take iPhone 7, till which year would they get updates on an average? Anyone who has jumped from Android to iOS here? Do you miss anything from Android ecosystem? I use an iPad and it lack of a going back option like Android devices and is bit annoying to press the home button every single time.

iPhone 5s was launched in 2013 and is still getting the newest OS update (iOS 11) and will most likely get regular updates till 2019 (iOS 13) or even more. iPhone 7 will follow suit and maybe much more than this considering the hardware it packs.
In terms of updates, Apple releases updates weekly for developer and beta testers and public updates once in one or two months, these mostly include big fixes.

I switched from a Note 5 to iPhone 6s and currently 7 Plus. I was one of the guys who hated iOS and always said I'd never buy an iPhone, but here I am probably with all the Apple products available in the market. In fact, I used to be an Android Developer.
I absolutely do not miss anything from Android. I like how simply and fluidly iOS works.
Can't comment for the home button as it's a personal opinion. I like it though.

Last edited by Ruchir031 : 25th June 2017 at 10:34.
Old 25th June 2017, 10:10   #10182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi all,

I moved from the Htc one back in 2015, to an iphone 6, and now the 7 plus.
The only thing i honestly miss is the ability to download files off the internet directly. To go back, swipe from left to right: dont need to press th home button to go to the home screen.
In terms of updates, the 5S launched in 2013 is going to receive the latest IOS 11 update coming im August.

But, to be very honest, the current iphone devices are not particularly special when compared to the new launches like LG G6/Galaxy S8. I use an iphone only because of my fondness for IOS, and works amazingly well when paired with a mac.
Old 25th June 2017, 11:03   #10183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
I absolutely do not miss anything from Android. I like how simply and fluidly iOS works.
Can't comment for the home button as it's a personal opinion. I like it though.
Thanks Ruchir031, the downside is I have to invest a lot for the whole ecosystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
The only thing i honestly miss is the ability to download files off the internet directly. To go back, swipe from left to right: dont need to press th home button to go to the home screen.
But, to be very honest, the current iphone devices are not particularly special when compared to the new launches like LG G6/Galaxy S8. I use an iphone only because of my fondness for IOS, and works amazingly well when paired with a mac.
Thanks kkkkkaran, I hate the Samsung skin for Android and the LG G6 isn't to my liking. Even I like iOS given the limited interaction through my iPad. Will wait for 7 plus to fall below ₹ 45000 in couple of months with arrival of iPhone 8.
Old 25th June 2017, 11:33   #10184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Yes, the price will reduce after release of the next iPhone but it won't be immediate from the trend that I have noticed over the past 3-4 years. Price of 7 and 7 Plus will most likely increase a bit or stay at current levels for a few months post release of the next iPhone.
Suggest you buy it now.

1. GST will significantly raise prices unless manufacturers & retailer give a discount from their margins.
2. When Apple India launched the 6S/S+, they actually raised the price of the 6/6+ and restricted its supply to ensure people generally went for the S variants.
3. Apple does not follow conventional wisdom and are also severely impacted by supply chain and demand factors from other countries. Don't expect the usual!

Net, net BUY IT NOW!
Old 25th June 2017, 22:05   #10185
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone 7 plus and the Olloclip wide angle lens complement each other very well and came in very handy on my recent road trip to Kodaikanal and back; find images in the link attached!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4221815

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks