Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 08:20   #9376
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Flipkart pre orders on the iPhone 7 have just started with a great offer on Citibank cards wherein you get 10k cash back give to you in January 2017. There is also a buyback exchange offer. However I'm confused if both offers can be availed together? Can someone confirm?
Yes you can. Just placed my order for a iphone 7 plus 128 GB black and exchanged my Iphone 6. Cash of 10 k will be refunded in Jan 17.
Old 30th September 2016, 08:50   #9377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
For the longest time I've been putting up with Airtel for their crappy network coverage, but now I'm beginning to think whether it's a problem with my iPhone 6S (A1688).
I'm 99% sure that its the iPhone problem, reason being that I travel to all the areas that you've mentioned and not once did the call drop. At worst a half tower signal for 3G network when inside a building (my clients are there in EGLP). Yes there is a slight cause for concern when LTE is on as Airtel doesn't have much signal for LTE (so much for that Airtel tomboy jumping out of cushions urging people to go for 4G) so my Z5 keeps jumping between 3G and LTE.

Even if the signal is briefly down it comes back within a second and there's no need to do manual switching. So I'd say some blame is there on the iPhone and then the useless Airtel as well.
Old 30th September 2016, 10:49   #9378
BHPian

Quote:
Flipkart pre orders on the iPhone 7 have just started with a great offer on Citibank cards wherein you get 10k cash back give to you in January 2017. There is also a buyback exchange offer. However I'm confused if both offers can be availed together? Can someone confirm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Yes you can. Just placed my order for a iphone 7 plus 128 GB black and exchanged my Iphone 6. Cash of 10 k will be refunded in Jan 17.
Man I wanted to give iphone 7 plus as a gift to my dad but somehow this offer is restricted to very few cities
Old 30th September 2016, 11:17   #9379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Did it give you a confirmation of the cash back? Because the T&C mentions that the Credit Card offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
Old 30th September 2016, 12:00   #9380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did it give you a confirmation of the cash back? Because the T&C mentions that the Credit Card offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
I would request you not to exchange your old iphone on FK. The exchange prices are ridiculous. E.g. They are quoting flat 18K for an IP6 irrespective of the capacity. The actual value is a lot more.

I liked the Citibank offer but then it is basically the cash back of interest amount (a little more). Mind you, you will be charged 13-15% interest on the EMI.
Old 30th September 2016, 12:59   #9381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The order confirmation confirms two offers being applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I would request you not to exchange your old iphone on FK. The exchange prices are ridiculous. E.g. They are quoting flat 18K for an IP6 irrespective of the capacity. The actual value is a lot more.
I think 18k for 6 16GB is a very decent price, i picked mine on the date of launch for 6. Have placed the order with Flipkart.

Quote:
I liked the Citibank offer but then it is basically the cash back of interest amount (a little more). Mind you, you will be charged 13-15% interest on the EMI.
Available on non emi transactions also.
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:48   #9382
Team-BHP Support

My wife's 6s suddenly is not picking up the carrier signal (showing No Service)? Any pointers on what to check? Tried the SIM card in another phone and its working alright.
Old 3rd October 2016, 15:24   #9383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
My wife's 6s suddenly is not picking up the carrier signal (showing No Service)? Any pointers on what to check? Tried the SIM card in another phone and its working alright.
You can try killing all apps > reset network settings > restart, and check if that helps. Next try with complete restore, if not head to apple service. Did this start after an update or something?
Old 3rd October 2016, 15:41   #9384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You can try killing all apps > reset network settings > restart, and check if that helps. Next try with complete restore, if not head to apple service. Did this start after an update or something?
No, it was working fine until yesterday night. My wife was in Kerala, and when she got back here this morning switched on phone and its not recognizing the home network. I will try the reset network settings option now. Thanks a lot!
Old 4th October 2016, 07:05   #9385
BHPian

Getting from Usa was confusing wrt Volte Band availability, so got SE locally from flipkart yesterday. Do check online for 6 and 6s deals, they are being offered at great prices with Bank offers.
Old 4th October 2016, 08:18   #9386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Tried the reset network (and full reset) - no luck. Will try a full backup and restore next, and otherwise a visit to the Apple service
Old 4th October 2016, 10:28   #9387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Tried the reset network (and full reset) - no luck
i had a similar issue when I got back from Malaysia. I had accepted phone settings from a Malaysian carrier for the 4g to work there. When I got back to chennai, my data was not working on my iPhone 6 Plus. I then reset network settings and called Airtel to send me their carrier settings but they were unable to do it. However the reset worked in my instance. This was only for cellular data though and not the carrier itself. I remember fiddling with the detect carrier auto/manual as well.
Old 4th October 2016, 10:38   #9388
Senior - BHPian

I ordered iPhone 7 matt black 128 GB from Australia. This is the only model available within 2 weeks and there is a difference of around 10000 in price. I was more interested in jet black but average reviews on net persuaded me for Matt color.
Old 4th October 2016, 16:30   #9389
BHPian

Flipkart is offering good prices on Iphone6s with exchange - I got a 16GB IPhone6s (Price 37990) for Rs.26690 in exchange of Moto x play (Rs.9600) + SBI card offer (Rs.1750).
FK quoted highest exchange price for Moto X play (1 year old) compared to cashify and local vendors.
Old 4th October 2016, 18:49   #9390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Flipkart is offering good prices on Iphone6s with exchange - I got a 16GB IPhone6s (Price 37990) for Rs.26690 in exchange of Moto x play (Rs.9600) + SBI card offer (Rs.1750).
FK quoted highest exchange price for Moto X play (1 year old) compared to cashify and local vendors.
Are you sure 16gb is going to be sufficient for you? The usable space will be around 11 gb.

Most Viewed