Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 17:23   #9496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I have two sim cards and two iPhones one is an iPhone 7 and another is a iPhone 6. Everytime I get a regular mobile call on my iPhone 7 it also shows up in my call logs of my iPhone 6. Don't get why this is happening and how can I stop it?
I would like my call logs for both phones to be seperate and not synced.
Earlier I used a 5c along with my iphone 6 and this never happened
Old 19th October 2016, 17:47   #9497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have two sim cards and two iPhones one is an iPhone 7 and another is a iPhone 6. Everytime I get a regular mobile call on my iPhone 7 it also shows up in my call logs of my iPhone 6. Don't get why this is happening and how can I stop it?
Earlier I used a 5c along with my iphone 6 and this never happened
Settings -> General -> Handoff

Turn this off on BOTH your phones.
Old 19th October 2016, 20:29   #9498
Team-BHP Support

This is an interesting bit. http://www.iclarified.com/57360/the-...b-models-video

Quote:
A new video confirms previous reports that the 32GB iPhone 7 has 8X slower write speeds than the 128GB and 256GB models.

Unbox Therapy demonstrates a benchmark and real world test of write speeds on a 32GB and 256GB iPhone 7. The benchmark found that the 256GB model was able to write data at 341 MB/s; whereas, the 32GB was only able to write data at 42 MB/s.

In the real world test, a 4.2GB video took 2 minutes 34 seconds to write to the 256GB model and 3 minutes and 40 seconds to write to the 32GB model.
Old 19th October 2016, 21:07   #9499
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
This is an interesting bit.....
This was mentioned in the GSMArena review of the 7+ as well. They even did a separate thread for it (blog link included in quote below).

Quote:
Running the BaseMark OS II 2.0 compound benchmark outed some peculiar results. The 32GB iPhone 7 Plus we had for review has class leading performance but according to the benchmark, it didn't came even close to the 128GB iPhone 7 we reviewed previously. The culprit - its memory score was rather poor (memory as in storage not RAM).

This discrepancy led us to test other iPhone 7 Plus models. Indeed, depending on the on-board storage, the three iPhone 7 Plus models scored vastly differently on Basemark OS II with the memory breakdown score being the sole reason for those differences. The 32GB flavor scores 851 in Memory, the 128GB achieves 1319 points, and the 256GB puts up a score of 3052.

Our further investigation into the issue with other benchmarks revealed that it's particularly the poor write speeds on the 32GB model that are to blame.

This could be either because of technology limitation - such are the SSD speeds - the more storage the more channels and thus better speeds. Or Apple could also be using different vendors for its storage chips so the difference in storage speed could be due to the chip maker and not the difference in size.

We did a blog post on the subject and you can learn more about the issue here.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th October 2016 at 21:10.
Old 19th October 2016, 21:25   #9500
Team-BHP Support

Does iPhone 7 offer a fully manual mode for the camera? Stock software or any of the apps?

By manual, I am referring to fully independent settings for ISO, shutter speed (atleast 8 seconds or more), white balance, RAW capture etc.
Old 20th October 2016, 14:45   #9501
BHPian

Have any of the iPhone 7 users noticed the "hissing" noise from the back of the phone during heavy usage?

This is attracting a lot of traction worldwide with a number of users complaining about it. I checked it on my iPhone 7 and under heavy usage (eg. while running a benchmark test) there is certainly a hissing/whining noise from the back of the phone. But you do have to pay close attention to it by pressing the apple logo to your ear.

I went to the apple service center and they acknowledged the issue but have kept the phone for 3 days to come back with a solution. Let's see what comes out of it.

Try googling iPhone 7 hissing. It's being called the "hissgate".
Old 20th October 2016, 17:04   #9502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Have any of the iPhone 7 users noticed the "hissing" noise from the back of the phone during heavy usage?
I noticed the hissing sound from the back of my 7 too, but it was only once during the setup process when it was brand new.

I took the phone to Reliance Digital (my vendor) in Mumbai and mentioned this to them as well. They checked on the diagnostics tool and said there was no issue with the phone. I hope it does not reoccur.

This problem is prevalent only with the 7, I have not heard complaints about hissgate from the 7 Plus. Could someone please confirm?

Please inform us what the service centre has to say regarding the issue.

Cheers
Old 20th October 2016, 18:09   #9503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

This problem is prevalent only with the 7, I have not heard complaints about hissgate from the 7 Plus. Could someone please confirm?

Please inform us what the service centre has to say regarding the issue.

Cheers
Did you try running any heavy applications such as games or benchmark tests? The issue is more apparent when the phone is under heavy load.

According to what I have read, the hissgate issue seems to be more apparent on the 7 Plus. Do check out macrumours and other forums. Some users have noticed the hissgate issue even on their replaced iPhone 7/7 Plus. Not sure what Apple is going to do about this.

Also, about 2 days back I had a chat with Apple Support and they did acknowledge the issue and suggested that I should go to the service center to get a replacement.

Will keep you posted about the outcome.

Last edited by Enigmatic : 20th October 2016 at 18:11.
Old 20th October 2016, 22:10   #9504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Did you try running any heavy applications such as games or benchmark tests? The issue is more apparent when the phone is under heavy load.

Also, about 2 days back I had a chat with Apple Support and they did acknowledge the issue and suggested that I should go to the service center to get a replacement.

Will keep you posted about the outcome.
I play games like Blood and Glory and Contract Kill 2, but after the first time have not heard the hissing. Early days though, lets see what happens.

Will update too.

Cheers
Old 20th October 2016, 22:11   #9505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Settings -> General -> Handoff

Turn this off on BOTH your phones.
Tried that. Problem yet persists
Old 20th October 2016, 22:21   #9506
BHPian

Quote:

I have a solution, but its complicated. Set up 2 different IDs for each phone.
To keep purchases common, set up family sharing on the accounts.
Old 21st October 2016, 00:15   #9507
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Everytime I get a regular mobile call on my iPhone 7 it also shows up in my call logs of my iPhone 6. Don't get why this is happening and how can I stop it?

In FaceTime settings, make sure you don't use your Apple ID for FaceTime. If both phones are using same Apple ID for FaceTime, the recent calls are seen on both devices.

Both phones should receive FaceTime calls over their respective numbers only and not over common Apple ID.

In the image below, ensure only that only the respective phone numbers have the ticks and not your Apple ID.

Attachment 1568569

Last edited by blackwasp : 21st October 2016 at 00:20.
Old 21st October 2016, 00:36   #9508
BHPian

I am not able to quote your words here Mr. Sahil.
There is an option in the settings to recieve phone calls on the other devices. Turn that off and maybe it'll solve your problem.
Old 22nd October 2016, 00:54   #9509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
I am not able to quote your words here Mr. Sahil.

There is an option in the settings to recieve phone calls on the other devices. Turn that off and maybe it'll solve your problem.

That's correct.. Settings -> Phone -> calls on other devices
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:00   #9510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Settings>Phone>Calls on other devices
Turn that off, it worked for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks