Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:45   #8746
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
+ 1 Sheel. I also like phones with smaller screens. Was eagerly looking forward to this one. However @ Rs.39K it is priced a tad too high. Same phone without contract costs $399 in the US. At today's exchange rate this should result in a price of Rs.26K and may be Rs.30K with duties and taxes etc. I feel there may not be many takers for this phone in India @ this price.
At this price, the 6s seems a better buy. Yes, a lot of people like the smaller phones (I still use my N9) but the price should justify it. Even if the price does come down, it won't go below 36k. But iphones have never been VFM - however, this was 'supposed' to be. Really disappointed - Apple could have made a serious inroad into this segment of budget conscious buyers.
Old 23rd March 2016, 14:58   #8747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Here's how my iPhone screen looks like with Night Shift enabled. May be psychological, but the screen seems more easy on the eye.

Attachment 1488961
Its not psychological. I have been using f.lux for some time and the reduction of blue really helps getting to sleep better.
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:11   #8748
BHPian

Guys, I am getting an itch for the Apple Watch. Wanted to know if anybody has some information about the warranty thing on Apple watch. If I buy it from US, and it comes with Global Warranty that should be honored in India? It should not be like iPhone?

Thanks

Rachit
Old 24th March 2016, 10:32   #8749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Guys, I am getting an itch for the Apple Watch. Wanted to know if anybody has some information about the warranty thing on Apple watch. If I buy it from US, and it comes with Global Warranty that should be honored in India? It should not be like iPhone?

Thanks

Rachit
Let me know too. I have been bitten by the same bug and now with the price at 349, all the more so.
Old 24th March 2016, 10:43   #8750
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Some of you have bought your iPhones from the US. The Apple Stores and places like Best Buy etc only sell phones with a contract. My query is "Where can I buy an iPhone without a contract in the US". I may be visiting New York / New Jersey soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You get unlocked iPhones everywhere: Apple's websites/stores, BestBuy, retailers and carrier stores
==========
Yep; good point. Other thing is different radio settings; LTE works only in certain cities in India on my phone since radio settings are not supported. The Airtel rep said eventually they'll support all bands though.
Yes unlike olden days not unlocked official phones are available everywhere.

And you don't need to worry about the radio frequency since newer chip supports india coverage also. You can confirm by comparing model specs on the apple website under radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Unless there has been a recent price cut in the US, you can get better deals in India. If you don't mind buying online that is.
But when you finally do a $ to INR conversion, this might be the fact ^ So do check the best deals available here, before you go buying apple stuff from abroad.
Old 24th March 2016, 11:00   #8751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Apple has no comprehensive global warranty policy. Warranty applies to country of purchase. But if you are in another country, the Apple service center MAY repair your device, without any obligation to fulfill warranty. Its entirely up to them on a case to case basis.
Old 24th March 2016, 11:13   #8752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Apple has no comprehensive global warranty policy. Warranty applies to country of purchase. But if you are in another country, the Apple service center MAY repair your device, without any obligation to fulfill warranty. Its entirely up to them on a case to case basis.
Apart from iphone all apple products carries global warranty.
Old 24th March 2016, 11:15   #8753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
This is a huge misconception. Check Apple official website. All warranties are only by country. You cant find a single link about a global / international warranty.
Old 24th March 2016, 11:19   #8754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a huge misconception. Check Apple official website. All warranties are only by country. You cant find a single link about a global / international warranty.
I have got macbook repaired and ipad replaced under warranty which were bought from us. ipad extended warranty was bought locally.
Old 24th March 2016, 11:22   #8755
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I have got macbook repaired and ipad replaced under warranty which were bought from us. ipad extended warranty was bought locally.
Read what I wrote. You are entirely at the mercy of Apple service center, they under NO obligation to fulfill the US warranty. There are numerous instances reported in Apple discussion groups of service center refusing replacements in another country.
Old 24th March 2016, 11:30   #8756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read what I wrote. You are entirely at the mercy of Apple service center, they under NO obligation to fulfill the US warranty. There are numerous instances reported in Apple discussion groups of service center refusing replacements in another country.
Just check the apple website it says for ipad and iphone.

"
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.
"

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty...english-a.html

they rejected warranty of iphone 4 which was bought from US, after that i stopped buying iphones from abroad. ipad they didnt asked anything and replaced.

My experience with apple service is really good and always resolved to my satisfaction. For locally bought iphone 5S they recently started asking invoice, i told them that its bought locally but i dont have any invoice, after few argument they replaced the unit, it was last month of extended warranty on the phone(the phone had glitches with camera which happened 2 times in duration of 2 months, luckily i took one pic of the glitch when it happened, they could not verify the same but still replaced). In last few years i have replaced at least 4-5 units of ipad and iphone and they replace without any questions, even for very minor problem which would be not even accepted as problem in other brands.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 24th March 2016 at 11:33.
Old 24th March 2016, 12:00   #8757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
But when you finally do a $ to INR conversion, this might be the fact ^ So do check the best deals available here, before you go buying apple stuff from abroad.
Currently the iPhone 6S+ is selling for $849 (INR 56615) for the 64 GB version as per the Apple Website.
I think online prices in India are higher than this.
Old 24th March 2016, 12:41   #8758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just check the apple website it says for ipad and iphone.

"
IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.
"

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty...english-a.html
This has always been a debatable topic but from my experience, apart from iPhone and iPad where apple says it is country specific, there is no issue with other machines in my experience (including machines we have in office which were imported).

I have personally experienced, all it needs is a valid cover. in my case the US bought macbook, i added apple care extended warranty from India before the original US warranty was getting over. Then about couple of months before the apple care was to get over i got the entire screen assembly worth about 50k replaced free of cost.

So only advise is check once with apple helpline and go ahead with your purchase.
Old 24th March 2016, 20:21   #8759
BHPian

After the latest software update for the iPhone 6 iOS 9.3, on clicking the friend request icon on Facebook, the screen goes blank and back to the main menu page.

Anybody else having the same problem?
Old 25th March 2016, 07:27   #8760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
After the latest software update for the iPhone 6 iOS 9.3, on clicking the friend request icon on Facebook, the screen goes blank and back to the main menu page.

Anybody else having the same problem?

I don't have any such issue on both iPhone and iPad. Did you try opening FB on app or on browser? Try to kill the background app or browser and reopen again and see if the problem still persists. Have you installed any ad blocker?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks