Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 12:10   #8896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
I understand its good & How about the battery life ? With moderate use can it hold up for 1 day/24 hrs ?
With 6 to 8 hours of 3/4 G on, and the rest on wifi, easily lasts more than a day for just a few calls and WhatsApp/ Facebook.
Old 21st May 2016, 12:55   #8897
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
I understand its good & How about the battery life ? With moderate use can it hold up for 1 day/24 hrs ?
Yes for me it does last for a day, A big plus is the new power saving mode which improves the battery life by a lot.
Old 21st May 2016, 14:00   #8898
BHPian

Any iPhone SE users here? Checked it out at imagine store yesterday and loved it. Powerful, compact, metal but almost half the weight of 6 plus.

Using 6 plus since a year and happy with the performance except the storage capacity as its a 16gb one. Need a bigger capacity iPhone say 64gb. As I have the bigger screen 6 plus (big screen is an advantage), I am thinking it would be better to get the compact one (handy size is also an advantage) for the main phone and keep the present 6 plus as secondary one. Just wanted to know first hand opinion of some one who has already used the SE about its battery in real life usage.
Old 21st May 2016, 14:19   #8899
BHPian

Switched from Nokia Lumia 730 to iPhone 6S 64 GB a couple of days ago and loving the experience.
I see that 9.3.2 is available. Has anyone updated to it yet? Wanted to know the positives and negatives of this update.
Old 21st May 2016, 14:38   #8900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Any iPhone SE users here? Checked it out at imagine store yesterday and loved it. Powerful, compact, metal but almost half the weight of 6 plus.
I don't have the SE, but my current work phone is the 5S. If you need a smaller size, go for the 6S 64GB. I feel that's the right size for the iPhone - not too big like the plus, and not too cramped as the SE.
Old 21st May 2016, 14:56   #8901
BHPian

6.3.2 doesn't make much of an update. The phone feels faster though. BTW, I have a 5S 64 gigs. Wish I could get my hands on the new SE sometime. It's too good for my requirements.
The 6s might be a good idea due to the larger screen, but the SE's form factor is very nice and not to mention the beastly processor in such a tiny ( relatively) display makes wonders in graphics performance.
Old 21st May 2016, 17:43   #8902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post

I was almost going to swap my 5s for SE, but the price is completely wrong. 49k for the 64gb variant and 39k for the 16! You get 6 cheaper than that! Who will buy the SE? Also price of new 5S is at an all time low so residual value of my 5s (32gb) - just 3 months old is abysmal!

I currently use 2 phones - work and personal; would definitely like to buy SE and keep the 5S. Small form factor was a key for me. I was using a 4.7inch Moto X before. The store guy said that the battery life is definitely more 5S, and will even out last the bigger models on medium usage. For heavy usage, there's no beating the larger battery of the 6/6S.

I'm now just waiting for the prices to drop. I see no point of buying iDevices at the beginning of the product cycle. Just too much expensive, I always by just before an update/new product is due.
Old 21st May 2016, 21:56   #8903
BHPian

If at all buying 5 SE makes sense, then definitely it's buying in the states. Never in regions like India or Europe, where it's insanely overpriced.
Old 21st May 2016, 22:00   #8904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I don't have the SE, but my current work phone is the 5S. If you need a smaller size, go for the 6S 64GB. I feel that's the right size for the iPhone - not too big like the plus, and not too cramped as the SE.
Wife is using 64gb of 6 and yes that's the correct balance/compromise between all the available screen sizes among iPhones. But since I have the big screen advantage already, I am thinking, why settle for a compromise model when I can use all the advantages of SE that come in such a compact yet efficient package especially since I am going to keep my 6 plus. For someone using just 1 phone, 6 would be a good choice if he wants all in one package. If you have 6 plus and is looking for a second phone, SE makes a more interesting choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
BTW, I have a 5S 64 gigs. Wish I could get my hands on the new SE sometime. It's too good for my requirements.
The 6s might be a good idea due to the larger screen, but the SE's form factor is very nice and not to mention the beastly processor in such a tiny ( relatively) display makes wonders in graphics performance.
There is a 5S at home and every time I hold that phone, I feel its the perfect size/form (for a handy phone ie, because I love 6 plus also for the screen size. IMO both are advantages, small and big). Add to it all the latest hardware and its a really tempting package. I want to hear about the battery performance by a SE user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I was almost going to swap my 5s for SE, but the price is completely wrong. 49k for the 64gb variant and 39k for the 16! You get 6 cheaper than that! Who will buy the SE? Also price of new 5S is at an all time low so residual value of my 5s (32gb) - just 3 months old is abysmal!
I saw 46K for SE 64gb in paytm this morning and equivalent of 36~37K INR in UAE online shopping (with FaceTime) . If I am getting one, would get it from there only definitely as I travel quite often. At that price, its VFM for what you are getting, I think.

But September is not far away and 7 is on its way too. So there is a slight confusion whether to wait for it. But my guess is, 7 wont be as handy as SE. If I want something the size of SE, waiting for 7 is not necessary then. Still, you never know what tempting tech mite be introduced in the next gen. I'm still giving it time and weighing the odds while trying to find out more about SE experience from users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
If at all buying 5 SE makes sense, then definitely it's buying in the states. Never in regions like India or Europe, where it's insanely overpriced.
True. That would be the best option. Would be another 3~4K INR cheaper than UAE I guess.
Old 22nd May 2016, 02:22   #8905
Distinguished - BHPian

Need help
Today i was updating itunes, then suddenly itunes stopped recognising my Iphone's. I have a Iphone 5 and a Iphone 4s. Its not recognising either of the two devices. So i uninstalled itunes and again reinstalled the latest version of itunes. Still am having the same problem. My laptop is recognising both the phones and i can transfer pics & video's but i cant sync my phone's with itunes. The iphone driver got uninstalled but again on reinstalling itunes the iphone drivers are not getting reinstalled, plus am not getting the driver separately to download and install. I use Windows 10. Any pointers on what to do?

Last edited by Samba : 22nd May 2016 at 02:27.
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:43   #8906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Need help
The iphone driver got uninstalled but again on reinstalling itunes the iphone drivers are not getting reinstalled, plus am not getting the driver separately to download and install. I use Windows 10. Any pointers on what to do?
I have IPhone 5C and use Windows 10, even I had similar problem.

Please try the below link. This solved my problem

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes...one-heres-how/

Hope this should help you too.
Old 22nd May 2016, 19:10   #8907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
I have IPhone 5C and use Windows 10, even I had similar problem.

Please try the below link. This solved my problem

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-itunes...one-heres-how/

Hope this should help you too.
Hi thanks a lot! It worked!

I followed this procedure from the link as suggested by Alan R

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
2) right click usbaapl64.inf
3) select Install
Before, the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver did not even show up the the USB devices in Device Manager.

And its sorted now!

Last edited by Samba : 22nd May 2016 at 19:15.
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:19   #8908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Hey BHPians,

I have iPhone 6 64 GB and I've installed light mod kit by replacing old Apple logo with newer one, which lights up when you turn on your display. Looks cool so wanted to share with you all. I hope this is right thread.

Can you share a little more details about this? Is it a DIY job?
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:08   #8909
Senior - BHPian

No, Do not share little more but share the complete details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can you share a little more details about this? Is it a DIY job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Hey BHPians,
I have iPhone 6 64 GB and I've installed light mod kit by replacing old Apple logo with newer one, which lights up when you turn on your display. Looks cool so wanted to share with you all. I hope this is right thread.
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:19   #8910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
No, Do not share little more but share the complete details

It is a DIY mod kit available online, not sure about india though.
Id done it on my old iphone 4S. Should be available on amazon USA for under 20 USD + shipping along with all the tools required to perform the DIY.

Most Viewed