Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2016, 17:42   #8776
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Finally purchased the iPhone 6s 64gb space grey. Yet to start using it as i am awaiting my nano sim & get all my contacts, etc sorted.

I have finalized the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Black case for my phone. I believe a few bhpians have used this. Is there a better case at that price range?

http://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Iphone-U...390070&sr=1-18

Also, which tempered glass should i buy, MTT? Can someone post the amazon link to that? I believe the tempered glass is a must for this phone!
Old 28th March 2016, 18:51   #8777
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Also, which tempered glass should i buy, MTT? Can someone post the amazon link to that? I believe the tempered glass is a must for this phone!
Not really if the case has projection around the bezel area that is more than enough. Only flush fitting ones need tempered glass et all, and still the screen breaks. Best is to invest in a good protection bumper or case.

The spigen you have posted seems to be good and having protection around the bezel area.

Congratulations and yenjay the iPhone!
Old 28th March 2016, 20:22   #8778
BHPian

Quote:
I have used multiple cases for my iPhone's over the years and the easiest to use and safe is a cheap 50rs rubbery transparent one i picked up in Bangkok. You get the same ones here for about 100 or so. I use a front and back colored tempered glass, costs about 250rs for the set on eBay.in. I have the black on my phone, daughter has blue and wife is on a transparent one.
Old 30th March 2016, 00:20   #8779
BHPian

I am using below one for my iPhone 6s plus 128 gb space grey

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B0159SZ...NKSS3BRTAH2TSJ
Old 30th March 2016, 10:10   #8780
BHPian

Paytm has excellent offer on iPhone 6S 128 GB and 6S Plus 128 GB. After cash back, they can be had for ₹55k and ₹65k respectively. Excellent VFM for someone in need of that storage.
Old 30th March 2016, 10:48   #8781
Team-BHP Support

I guess this was expected....

http://yourstory.com/2016/03/apple-return-ordinary/
Old 31st March 2016, 09:59   #8782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
True to an extent. After Jobs, every launched product had at least one major pain point. The attention to detail is just not there, be it the hardware or iOS.

One thing I do appreciate Apple for - care of security & privacy. Non of the other device vendors come close to that!
Old 1st April 2016, 03:21   #8783
BHPian

Old 1st April 2016, 09:33   #8784
BHPian

iOS 9.3.1 released,which fixes the "link bug" reported by many users. By the way, any jailbreakers here?
Old 1st April 2016, 09:34   #8785
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Hows does this phone handle the latest ios? Is it a lag free experience?

And How fast is the gps lock if you have used it for navigation?

I too need a 4.5 inch phone and I am seriously considering 5s. If not this, then I'll be forced to purchase a 5 inch android phone.
Even few friends are using the 4S and they too seem to have no issues, few hardware limitations there [4S, night mode etc, can't really recall] but absolutely nothing with the %s which i can think of.

I am using G Maps as well.
Old 1st April 2016, 10:37   #8786
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using iPhones, MacBook Pro,, iPads and IPod since 2009. So I have had multiple versions of all models and version and I have had very few problems with any of them. I think this endless referring back to Jobs era and that everything since then has gone downhill is not realistic. The world changes and unless you not only adept but stay ahead of it you will find yourself out of business. Plenty of examples around, from Kodak to Nokia.
Old 1st April 2016, 11:03   #8787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
I have been using iPhones, MacBook Pro,, iPads and IPod since 2009. So I have had multiple versions of all models and version and I have had very few problems with any of them. I think this endless referring back to Jobs era and that everything since then has gone downhill is not realistic. The world changes and unless you not only adept but stay ahead of it you will find yourself out of business. Plenty of examples around, from Kodak to Nokia.
Exactly... the attention to detail and quality is even better if not the same. Although insignificant to almost 99% of users out there, I care for details like these.
http://www.imore.com/difference-appl...ustrial-design
Old 1st April 2016, 11:25   #8788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Exactly... the attention to detail and quality is even better if not the same. Although insignificant to almost 99% of users out there, I care for details like these.

http://www.imore.com/difference-appl...ustrial-design

Thanks, very interesting link, I enjoyed reading it.
I do believe that huge amount of time, energy and money get spend on these sort of perhaps seemingly trivial details, but I'm convinced that ultemately creates the total package appeal even though we might not or hardly recognise each and every detail

I love the look and feel if all my Appke devices. I never put them in cases. I just want to enjoy them, see them, feel them!
Jeroe
Old 1st April 2016, 12:26   #8789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I care for details like these.
Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
I love the look and feel if all my Apple devices. I never put them in cases. I just want to enjoy them, see them, feel them!
Jeroe
I agree! I used to do a standard screen protector but that also is off for the past year or so.

When the 6 came many screamed that it’s a sacrilege from Apple, but I found it so beautiful to hold and the screen size felt just right. And I feel the new SE coming in place of the 5S and 5C is another great move – it can be the iPad Mini in the iPhone range.
Old 1st April 2016, 14:41   #8790
BHPian

Quote:
Finally purchased the iPhone 6s 64gb space grey. Yet to start using it as i am awaiting my nano sim & get all my contacts, etc sorted.

I have finalized the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Black case for my phone. I believe a few bhpians have used this. Is there a better case at that price range?

http://www.amazon.in/Spigen-Iphone-U...390070&sr=1-18

I've had this case since the first day and a few drops later, I can wholeheartedly recommend it to you mate

And do get the full-screen MTT tempered glass screen protector as well. IRONH4WK drop-tested his 6s with the screen protector and it performed admirably well.

Cheers !

Sundar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks