Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2016, 19:05   #8656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
So a funny (& awkward) situation at my end.

My dad's birthday just went past a few days back, and I remember him oogling at iPhone ads since a long time. Also he's been very jealous of my mom's iPad for quite some time. So I ordered a 5S through amazon; default name on amazon for my home address was my mom's - went ahead and sent it home.

Today I get a call from a very happy mom - thank you for the iPhone - it was un-necessary, but I am loving it!

Now she has the iPad AND the iPhone! You're dead!

Update on my Home button problem - the phone was replaced, no questions asked
Old 25th February 2016, 19:13   #8657
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Update on my Home button problem - the phone was replaced, no questions asked
Wow - that was good of them. I guess considering the importance of word-of-mouth in India, they need to stick to differentiating based on warranty service. I haven't had such a great Apple service experience here. My gut feeling - they are now more focussed on sales than service here in the US.

My battery life has gone down a lot on my 1.5 year old 5S. Diagnostics says it has 85% of life left; however the realistic experience is way different - less than half the (normal) battery life.

Recently took it to Apple store to see if they do anything (it's still in warranty service); they run the same diagnostics and state nothing can be done, and give me a very worded diplomatic answer.

Also as a "solution" the advisor advises me to upgrade to the 6/6S for a better experience
Old 28th February 2016, 08:07   #8658
BHPian

Iphone 6 16GB at just 32,930/- after cash back in paytm.

6s 16GB is 40k after cash back.

They are running heavy cashbacks in all iphone models
Old 28th February 2016, 08:41   #8659
Distinguished - BHPian

My iPhone 6+ charger seems to be acting quite iffy offlate. It charges the phone sometimes. Sometimes it does not. Tried just with cable to laptop. With pin to electrical socket. Twisted the wire upside down etc.

Darn thing still acts up

Any idea what could be wrong? How much would be a new original apple charger cost?

Thanks!
Old 28th February 2016, 10:50   #8660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My iPhone 6+ charger seems to be acting quite iffy offlate. It charges the phone sometimes. Sometimes it does not. Tried just with cable to laptop. With pin to electrical socket. Twisted the wire upside down etc.

Darn thing still acts up

Any idea what could be wrong? How much would be a new original apple charger cost?

Thanks!
I believe your phone would still be under warranty and if the wire hasn't been cut anywhere, you can ask the service centre to provide you with a new one. You don't have to buy a new charger if it's still under warranty.
Old 28th February 2016, 11:30   #8661
BHPian

So my better half somehow managed to get her iPhone soaked. We put it in a box of rice for 10 days and still nothing. Kept it in dry area for another 3 days but in vain again. So, anyone knows a guy who can fix it in Bangalore? It is still under warranty, but I am sure apple would charge a bomb to fix it but I guess they won't entertain something like this.
Old 29th February 2016, 00:59   #8662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
So my better half somehow managed to get her iPhone soaked. We put it in a box of rice for 10 days and still nothing. Kept it in dry area for another 3 days but in vain again. So, anyone knows a guy who can fix it in Bangalore? It is still under warranty, but I am sure apple would charge a bomb to fix it but I guess they won't entertain something like this.

On two separate occasions, I've had my iPhone soak up some water to varying degrees. The first time it got dunked (along with me) in a pool of water and I paid something in the low 5 figures to have it replaced. The second time they did so gratis since the water damage wasn't too intense.

I would suggest you take it for a replacement under warranty and see what they have to say. It could well be that they replace the phone with a brand new one for not too much money (relatively speaking)
Old 29th February 2016, 06:26   #8663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post

I went to Sarabjeet from iKlinik.com for a battery change for my IP5. An ex-Cupertino employee, nice knowledgeable gentleman. Price is reasonable and got the job done. His contact is listed in his website.
Btw... Apple US told me that my screen, battery needed replacement and replacement can be provided at 375 USD! Sarabjeet fixed it in 1500 INR 👍🏻retaining my original screen
Old 29th February 2016, 11:22   #8664
BHPian

Quote:

Darn thing still acts up

Thanks!
I faced the same issue few months back with my Iphone 6. Tried different cables/charges, but the issue persisted.

Finally, went to apple service center. They told me that the lightning port of my phone is clogged with dust. To rectify the problem, they simply cleaned it up with a pointed tool (you may use a toothpick also).

I guess you may be having the same problem. This is very common - just google for solution.

See this -> http://www.cnet.com/how-to/use-a-too...t-your-iphone/
Old 29th February 2016, 11:51   #8665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Darn thing still acts up
Thanks!
Agree with Woof. This is most probably a typical dust in port problem which can be solved by yourself. As suggested, use a toothpick or the pin for the sim slot (the Apple Service used this in my case) to gently clean the area. See if this works out.

On a separate note, last night I placed an order for a space grey iP 5s, 16GB at Flipkart. It cost me 158xx after exchanging my 3 year old iP 5, 32GB. I got an exchange price of 6200 INR for the old phone. My old phone was running glitch-free and smooth, until last week when the battery started swelling and pushing the screen out. A new battery costs 3000 INR and I felt like getting a new phone instead of spending 3k on a 3 year old. I should be getting the delivery tomorrow.
Old 29th February 2016, 15:38   #8666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I believe your phone would still be under warranty and if the wire hasn't been cut anywhere, you can ask the service centre to provide you with a new one. You don't have to buy a new charger if it's still under warranty.
My phone is still under warranty but, since its bought in US. It does not hold good here

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
I faced the same issue few months back with my Iphone 6. Tried different cables/charges, but the issue persisted.

Finally, went to apple service center. They told me that the lightning port of my phone is clogged with dust. To rectify the problem, they simply cleaned it up with a pointed tool (you may use a toothpick also).

I guess you may be having the same problem. This is very common - just google for solution.

See this -> http://www.cnet.com/how-to/use-a-too...t-your-iphone/
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Agree with Woof. This is most probably a typical dust in port problem which can be solved by yourself. As suggested, use a toothpick or the pin for the sim slot (the Apple Service used this in my case) to gently clean the area. See if this works out.
This problem didn't cross my mind. Thanks for these inputs. Will try cleaning the connectors and sim slot
Old 29th February 2016, 17:50   #8667
Team-BHP Support

Avi check the cable first, if it is ok then only look at contacts and stuff. Most often the chances are cable gets damaged first. Check using the OE charger and not laptops and stuff.
Old 29th February 2016, 21:28   #8668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
On two separate occasions, I've had my iPhone soak up some water to varying degrees. The first time it got dunked (along with me) in a pool of water and I paid something in the low 5 figures to have it replaced. The second time they did so gratis since the water damage wasn't too intense.

I would suggest you take it for a replacement under warranty and see what they have to say. It could well be that they replace the phone with a brand new one for not too much money (relatively speaking)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
I went to Sarabjeet from iKlinik.com for a battery change for my IP5. An ex-Cupertino employee, nice knowledgeable gentleman. Price is reasonable and got the job done. His contact is listed in his website.
Btw... Apple US told me that my screen, battery needed replacement and replacement can be provided at 375 USD! Sarabjeet fixed it in 1500 INR 👍🏻retaining my original screen
Thank you gentlemen. I guess I'll try the first option and then the second one. If they replace, "Thank you, Apple". If not, "Hello, Sarabjeet?"
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:37   #8669
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

SOS: All Music and Videos disappeared from my phone. soft reset / reboot is not helping.

Music is not listed in the "manage app section" . I remember listening to music yesterday :(

It is a 5S - 16 GB

Last edited by planet_rocker : 2nd March 2016 at 15:59.
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:42   #8670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
SOS: All Music and Videos disappeared from my phone. soft reset / reboot is not helping.

Music is not listed in the "manage app section" . I remember listening to music yesterday :(

It is a 5S - 16 GB
Did you sync your iPhone with any laptop & itunes ? Where did you get the music and videos from - Appstore or did you sync with any PC or Mac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks