Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2016, 15:43   #8641
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

off late the Home button on my iPhone 6S has been acting weird. when i press, it feels like two presses (left and right) rather than one. feels kinda awkward too. has it gone kaput?

Old 17th February 2016, 16:05   #8642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I bought a 5s. It was factory packed with import and date serial number etc. I didn't check anything else. What is the self declaration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
The iPhones from Paytm are authentic. I have purchased a 5s and 6s recently and the phones had valid Indian warranty which I checked by entering the serial number on the apple website. Also, both the phones had self declaration printed on the back.

thanks guys. They are the ones who are selling at lower prices compared to others so wanted to verify before ordering from them.
Old 18th February 2016, 17:05   #8643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
off late the Home button on my iPhone 6S has been acting weird. when i press, it feels like two presses (left and right) rather than one. feels kinda awkward too. has it gone kaput?
Get it checked at the store. Seems to be a hardware issue with the home button.
Old 19th February 2016, 06:44   #8644
BHPian

Quote:
off late the Home button on my iPhone 6S has been acting weird. when i press, it feels like two presses (left and right) rather than one:
Happened to my wife and me on our iPhones 4. Since then we use assistive touch and the soft home button on our newer phones. No longer need to press the actual button...
Old 19th February 2016, 19:47   #8645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its the home button giving up, get the phone exchanged before warranty expires.
Old 22nd February 2016, 01:50   #8646
Senior - BHPian

Folks, anyone has a confirmation on which of the iPhone devices support VOLTE? I'm being told that all the 4 models of 6 ( 6,6plus, 6s & 6s plus ) support volte.
Old 22nd February 2016, 08:00   #8647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Folks, anyone has a confirmation on which of the iPhone devices support VOLTE? I'm being told that all the 4 models of 6 ( 6,6plus, 6s & 6s plus ) support volte.
Yes thats right, but no carrier in India supports it as yet. Only few carriers around the world do. Also, even if a carrier might support VolTE, you may be in a location that doesnt support it due to the tower.

But yes this is expected to become a global standard in future.
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:17   #8648
Distinguished - BHPian

My experience with iPhone has been super smooth (baring a couple of software issues which got fixed with the next update). Now less than a month away from completing 3 years with my iP 5, I am finally anticipating a problem with the device. I see a slight bulge in the screen, i.e. the screen is slightly protruding out from the aluminium shell from the centre (along the length of the screen) on both the edges. So much so that, I can see a bit of light from behind the screen on one of the edges.
I have dropped my phone several times, pretty serious ones too. But it survived them gracefully with lot of scratches on the aluminium edges and a broken plastic area surrounding the camera. But there is not a single scratch on the screen or the camera and the phone runs flawlessly.

Now comes my query. What could be reason for this screen displacement? I doubt if its due to battery swelling up. I find the battery back up to be good considering its 3 years old.
Secondly, is it worth repairing this (if yes, any suggestions where in Hyderabad)? Or should I just replace it with another iDevice?
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:24   #8649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Get it checked at the Apple store. I had the same issue with my 5c. I took it to Apple Care, and even though the phone had past its warranty, Apple replaced my phone with new 5c.
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:32   #8650
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Get it checked at the Apple store. I had the same issue with my 5c. I took it to Apple Care, and even though the phone had past its warranty, Apple replaced my phone with new 5c.
Any idea why the generosity? Is it a design problem that Apple silently acknowledges or was it out of goodwill?
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:36   #8651
Senior - BHPian

I'd take it there and I'm thinking they'll replace with a new 6S, but I don't want to end up with a Samsung chip; this one's been great with battery life.

Can I ask for the replacement to be TSMC as well?
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:23   #8652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Any idea why the generosity? Is it a design problem that Apple silently acknowledges or was it out of goodwill?
I read that Apple had issues with home button on 5c, and they were replacing the phones for some batch numbers. Mine did not come in that batch number. I think they probably replaced it out of goodwill. I can not think of anything else.
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:27   #8653
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can I ask for the replacement to be TSMC as well?
Asked this question out of curiosity a while ago, apparently a no-go. Can only be tested post purchase with a diagnostics app, so you'll have to take what's available and cross fingers.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd February 2016 at 15:29.
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:14   #8654
BHPian

Paytm is running offers for apple iphone again .6s 128gb at 65k and you get cashback of 8k later.
Old 25th February 2016, 18:34   #8655
Distinguished - BHPian

So a funny (& awkward) situation at my end.

My dad's birthday just went past a few days back, and I remember him oogling at iPhone ads since a long time. Also he's been very jealous of my mom's iPad for quite some time. So I ordered a 5S through amazon; default name on amazon for my home address was my mom's - went ahead and sent it home.

Today I get a call from a very happy mom - thank you for the iPhone - it was un-necessary, but I am loving it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks