Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 15:15   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Do you guys have the lagging/hanging problem on v2.1? If so, please report if this has stopped in v2.2
Old 25th November 2008, 15:28   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Sahil,

I have that irritating lag on 2.1 !

Quote:
A friend of mine updated. He reports a caller ID issue.
So should I or shouldn't I?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 25th November 2008 at 15:30.
Old 25th November 2008, 18:37   #1143
BHPian

Caller ID issue has not yet been resolved. The developer who has been releasing the fix says that Apple has changed the formats, so he needs to learn that again. You can dial out without problems, but when a call comes, I believe it will just show the numbers, even if the person is in your contacts. This might be fixed in a couple of days, hopefully.

This is the one issue that my friend has had, so far.
Old 25th November 2008, 18:46   #1144
Senior - BHPian

I have downloaded the original restore file but have not gone ahead. Now I will wait for a couple of days before I take the plunge.

Thanks Srijit.
Old 25th November 2008, 18:48   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Caller ID issue has not yet been resolved. The developer who has been releasing the fix says that Apple has changed the formats, so he needs to learn that again. You can dial out without problems, but when a call comes, I believe it will just show the numbers, even if the person is in your contacts. This might be fixed in a couple of days, hopefully.

This is the one issue that my friend has had, so far.
hm, I dont have that problem. What format is he storing the numbers?
Old 25th November 2008, 19:01   #1146
BHPian

Will ask and report back. But I suspect that the is using a 098xx format for mobiles, since he is dependant on the Caller ID hack. If one is using +91 9xx format, then I think there should be no problem. Anyway, will ask him.
Old 25th November 2008, 19:18   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Will ask and report back. But I suspect that the is using a 098xx format for mobiles, since he is dependant on the Caller ID hack. If one is using +91 9xx format, then I think there should be no problem. Anyway, will ask him.
I have not used any Called ID hacks since the last 4~5 firmware revisions. And I use the +91 format for both mobiles and landlines.

Why is he dependent on the caller ID hack?
Old 25th November 2008, 19:57   #1148
BHPian

Tadu, he is dependant on the Caller ID hack since he has got more than 200 numbers which are in 09xxx format. He says that numbers in +91 9xx format are working fine without problems.
So N_C, you can upgrade without issues, if this is the case

I too use the +91 format. It was a pain, but I only had to do it once. Guess my friend is just plain lazy
Old 25th November 2008, 20:42   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
I have not used any Called ID hacks since the last 4~5 firmware revisions. And I use the +91 format for both mobiles and landlines.
Why is he dependent on the caller ID hack?
I use +9198*** and sometimes the caller registers with 098*** so i've had that issue. i'm tryng to update all my 492 numbers to +9198*** and then check if there is an issue,
The crazy thing i did was save the number with both formats as and when I had the issue..
So it's not solved period.
Old 26th November 2008, 11:23   #1150
BHPian

ya caller id is a problem with me as well. Openssh was not visible on Cydia. So i restored it three time and all was fine on the third attempt.
Otherwise the phone is good.
For applications add ths source: http:\\cydia.hackulo.us and then install: "MIPatch".
Restart you phone and now you can install all cracked apps...
Old 26th November 2008, 11:39   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Updated to 2.2 yesterday but not without a few hiccups (and emergency chats with Tadu) - first the Pwnage tool (2.2) downloaded from iClarified failed to put together the custom IPSW. It failed about 7 times, so I downloaded the tool again from the iphone-developers blog and then it worked.

Finally iTunes on my Mac Mini kept downloading the legal update from Apple without searching for the custom ipsw on the harddrive despite pressing the option button while clicking update.

Had nearly given up when I decided to try this on my laptop (Windows) - copied the custom ipsw file across to the laptop and synced the still-in-DFU-mode phone with the iTunes (not the latest version) on the laptop - BINGO it opened up the explorer window to locate the custom ipsw on the laptop.

So after a few anxious moments, I was able to upgrade - not sure if this problem is caused by the Mac or by the version of iTunes. To be on the safe side, do this on a Windows PC with the older version of iTunes (i.e., version before 8.0.2).
Old 26th November 2008, 12:23   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Updated to 2.2 yesterday....
So after a few anxious moments, I was able to upgrade - not sure if this problem is caused by the Mac or by the version of iTunes. To be on the safe side, do this on a Windows PC with the older version of iTunes (i.e., version before 8.0.2).
So steer can I sync back to my Mac itunes after the upgrade?
My windows laptop has itunes 8.0.1 and isn't the update to 8.2 necessary for the upgrade to 2.2
pls confirm.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:45   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
So steer can I sync back to my Mac itunes after the upgrade?
Yup, will sync happily with Mac Itunes 8.0.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
My windows laptop has itunes 8.0.1 and isn't the update to 8.2 necessary for the upgrade to 2.2
Dont think so - at least not if you're using a custom IPSW (i.e., jailbroken) because my Win laptop was running 8.0.1 when I upgraded.
Old 26th November 2008, 13:38   #1154
BHPian

steer one more thing. On the iclarified site there is a win and mac version, so if i'm going to use the win version do i have to download the ipsw(for win) or Are they the same for both cause I got the Mac one already ( I remember reading that you moved to the PC after trying on the mac so I guess the ipsw was the same. or was it?)
Old 26th November 2008, 15:10   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Updated to 2.2 and lost my wifi. Spoke to tadu - he asked to go back to the original 2.2 and not the custom restore.

tried doing that and the phone is stuck in recovery / DFU mode. Any idea how to get out of it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks