Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 16:47   #1891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Is your iphone jailbroken?

don't you use internet (EDGE) on your phone?
Yes you are right buddy. Its jailbroken . And i havent ever used internet or edge on my phone. I just use wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How come your phone goes off "E" while in roaming? If you are subscribed to GPRS/EDGE it will be always ON. And since its 2.5 years its an original aka 2G phone, so it wont have 3G & location lol

So it will be Push or Wifi then, that can be the drainers. Do a restore and see if it helps.
Yes,You are right buddy . I know its bizarre i have go to international roaming and national roaming . And in both the scenarios i have never seen "E" icon. However the moment i come to my own city that creepy "E"icon pops up. And after few minutes my phones gets hot like an oven. And there you go another hour and battery's gone .
I did a restore one time and you wont believe what happened. The restore failed in the middle and my ph got locked. Then i got it unlock . Then i inserted the SIM and it took the settings somewhere and i saw again that "E" icon.
However the new thing which i have done is i went to my email setting and did all sorts of notifications and updates on manual. And its behaving as per now. However i have to see it for next 2-3 days to see if its helping or not.
I am wondering if i have to send a message to vodafone people to disable the edge service and may be this will help?what do you guys reckon?will it make sense for me to ask them?
Once again thanks jaggu and tejas,Appreciate it buddy!!
Old 10th February 2010, 20:33   #1892
Team-BHP Support

Ok i guess it will be fine, Push mail is a big drainer! almost double, sometime triple load compared to manual fetch.
Old 10th February 2010, 22:36   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Ok i guess it will be fine, Push mail is a big drainer! almost double, sometime triple load compared to manual fetch.
Hi Jaggu,Hi Tejas

I had change the push mail settings to manual at around 4 o clock in the evening as per your advice. I was charging it since morning till 5 o clock and then i left home. I came just now and its 11 o clock i havent charged it. And the battery is still 85pc. And i took 5 calls. In normal scenarios it would have been exhausted by now. But its behaving today. I would wait for another 2-3 days to announce it formally to be fixed. But i would like to thank you guys in advance. Thanks for taking interest over this matter buddies.
Cheers!!
Old 13th February 2010, 09:36   #1894
Senior - BHPian

TouchPad on iphone

I am not too sure if any iphone users here have come across this app but Logitech has released a free app which enables us to control our laptop or desktop through iphone touch interface.

I use it for presentation purpose and its neat little app. i am actually loving it.

Its available from app store. Need to install on Iphone and another software on pc/laptop/mac from Logitech's website. Need to have wi-fi to use this app. Both the iphone and pc should be on same wi-fi.

Once that is done you can control mouse movement, keyboard inputs, scrolling from your iphone. Its pretty smooth and fantastic.

Do try it out and let me know your feedback.
Old 13th February 2010, 12:14   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I am not too sure if any iphone users here have come across this app but Logitech has released a free app which enables us to control our laptop or desktop through iphone touch interface.
Somehow did not work too well for me. Lot of time my iPhone did not connect after a wake up! Not too happy with the app.
Old 13th February 2010, 21:34   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Somehow did not work too well for me. Lot of time my iPhone did not connect after a wake up! Not too happy with the app.
it may connect automatically on wake up but manually it does easily.

for me its good so far.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:55   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

My iPhone fell from my pocket while i was sitting (dropped around 2 feet) and broke!!! Home button doesn't work at all. No volume and shows no network. Even doesn't show connection to computer or charger.
Damn!!!!
How much is the 3GS available in the market for? How much will i get for this broken piece?
Old 16th March 2010, 12:26   #1898
BHPian

When I last checked 16 GB 3gS was available at Alfa (Irla) for 35k. If you happen to go there also get your handset checked by their guy who does the unlocking/ jailbreaking. I've heard that he is good may be he can help you out.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:21   #1899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My iPhone fell from my pocket while i was sitting (dropped around 2 feet) and broke!!! Home button doesn't work at all. No volume and shows no network. Even doesn't show connection to computer or charger.
Damn!!!!
How much is the 3GS available in the market for? How much will i get for this broken piece?
It's time to switch over to the dark side and get the Bold2

My 2g iPhone was surprisingly sturdy, thanks to the metal back, I guess. Dropped it several times, it did get a few scratches and small dent at the top but phone was rock solid in overall build.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:28   #1900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
When I last checked 16 GB 3gS was available at Alfa (Irla) for 35k. If you happen to go there also get your handset checked by their guy who does the unlocking/ jailbreaking. I've heard that he is good may be he can help you out.
Thanks. Will check there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It's time to switch over to the dark side and get the Bold2

My 2g iPhone was surprisingly sturdy, thanks to the metal back, I guess. Dropped it several times, it did get a few scratches and small dent at the top but phone was rock solid in overall build.
My 2G also has taken severe drops of more than 5 feet at times. I guess this was the last straw.

Also, i'm a complete mac junkie and the amount of times i have done BB bashing, getting one now would be sacrilege!
Old 16th March 2010, 20:25   #1901
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear that, but this might be of some use to you Tejas

Exclusive : iPhone 3GS India Pricing Information and March 24th Launch

Quote:
We have some exclusive news about the iPhone 3GS India launch and the pricing information after the March 15 rumor

We have confirmed with multiple sources regarding the launch and all suggest that the 3GS is indeed launching this week or at-least the bookings are opening
Old 16th March 2010, 21:48   #1902
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks. Couldn't wait though. Bought a factory unlocked piece for 34.5K (16GB).

Any reviews on how good is the GPS chip in the phone. Anyone tried out MMI maps?
Old 17th March 2010, 15:36   #1903
Team-BHP Support

GPS chip is quite good, if you are finding any difficulty in locking in between, just goto airplane mode and back. I think its the AGPS or Cellular transmission goofing up.

Now the rumor says its going to be March 25th
Old 17th March 2010, 16:27   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Couldn't wait though. Bought a factory unlocked piece for 34.5K (16GB).

Any reviews on how good is the GPS chip in the phone. Anyone tried out MMI maps?
Hi Tejas could you share from where did you manage to procure a factory unlock 16GB for 34.5k.
Old 17th March 2010, 16:29   #1905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
Hi Tejas could you share from where did you manage to procure a factory unlock 16GB for 34.5k.
UNITED at napeansea road. Opposite contemporary arts and craft.

EDIT: Paid 35k with cover and screen guard totally and i know him since ages. He may not give you the same deal but won't charge anything more than 35k for 16gb.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 17th March 2010 at 16:32. Reason: see edit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks