Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 18:55   #9391
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Pre ordered my iphone 7 plus 128gb jet black from Nyasa here in Mumbai, hoping to get it on 7th at 7PM.

Was a very tough decision to select the matt black or the Jet black, But the demand is highest for the jet black all over! Plus it looks amazing ! Was sold over on its look, Negatives? Ordered a transparent cover even before the phone has arrived.
Old 4th October 2016, 19:09   #9392
BHPian

@Tanveer: Congrats! That's a great device. How much did you pay for it?
Also, Jet black is very prone to scratches and smudge marks. Do consider getting a good transparent case or something for it.
I have heard only good things about the dual camera setup on 7 plus from iphone and Apple subreddit threads.
Old 4th October 2016, 20:26   #9393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Are you sure 16gb is going to be sufficient for you? The usable space will be around 11 gb.
Oh yeah, thanks for the question - I am aware of this limitation. I am planning to get a wireless HDD/Stick to mitigate the storage issue.
Old 5th October 2016, 05:25   #9394
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Pre ordered my iphone 7 plus 128gb jet black from Nyasa here in Mumbai, hoping to get it on 7th at 7PM.

Was a very tough decision to select the matt black or the Jet black, But the demand is highest for the jet black all over! Plus it looks amazing ! Was sold over on its look, Negatives? Ordered a transparent cover even before the phone has arrived.

Why don't you opt for the clear coat, as available on moutfitters.com?

Do check it out, it is the perfect product for the Jet Black. It will conserve the original look minus the damage.

Oh also will be availing the cash back offer by using a Citibank credit card. So will cost me ₹10,000 less eventually.

Mod Note : I am in no way associated to the aforementioned product or advertising it.
Just suggesting a brilliant product.

Last edited by akhil994 : 5th October 2016 at 05:27.
Old 5th October 2016, 16:14   #9395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1500 View Post
@Tanveer: Congrats! That's a great device. How much did you pay for it?
Also, Jet black is very prone to scratches and smudge marks. Do consider getting a good transparent case or something for it.
I have heard only good things about the dual camera setup on 7 plus from iphone and Apple subreddit threads.
Thanks man! 82,000 !

Yes its prone to scratches and smudge but i cant get over how amazing the phone looks, Plus have couple of ideas to keep it from getting scratches, Transparent covers, Glass covers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Why don't you opt for the clear coat, as available on moutfitters.com?

Do check it out, it is the perfect product for the Jet Black. It will conserve the original look minus the damage.

Oh also will be availing the cash back offer by using a Citibank credit card. So will cost me ₹10,000 less eventually.

Mod Note : I am in no way associated to the aforementioned product or advertising it.
Just suggesting a brilliant product.
Hey, Yes clear coat is what i was looking for, Would be perfect for the jet black.

Now the issue is i got a call from Nyasa saying jet black is out of stock and would arrive only after a month atleast, I have an option to select any of the old colors or the matt black if i want it on the 7th,

Unfortunately i am inclined to cancel it and get it from where its available, Though everywhere its out of stock, But i cant stay with a temporary phone for a month.
Old 5th October 2016, 19:36   #9396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Thanks man! 82,000 !

Yes its prone to scratches and smudge but i cant get over how amazing the phone looks, Plus have couple of ideas to keep it from getting scratches, Transparent covers, Glass covers etc.

Hey, Yes clear coat is what i was looking for, Would be perfect for the jet black.

Now the issue is i got a call from Nyasa saying jet black is out of stock and would arrive only after a month atleast, I have an option to select any of the old colors or the matt black if i want it on the 7th,

Unfortunately i am inclined to cancel it and get it from where its available, Though everywhere its out of stock, But i cant stay with a temporary phone for a month.

I was very surprised and wanted to mention the same. But could not edit the previous post.

The place where I booked the phone, I'm the second person in queue. He mentioned to me 3 days back, that Apple has sent a circular telling them not to book the jet black anymore.

But thankfully I will get it day after tomorrow only.
Old 5th October 2016, 21:58   #9397
BHPian

Recently updated to IOS 10 on my iPhone 6. Overall the new OS seems OK.
I feel my battery life has gone up actually. Generally by the end of day my phone would be left to close to 20-25% battery. In the last 2 days I can easily see that around 30-35% battery is left.

Rachit
Old 5th October 2016, 23:56   #9398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1500 View Post
It's an incremental improvement over the 6S, at best. The low light capability is a fair amount better but, overall, a minor improvement. The optical zoom is, obviously, hugely better than digitally zooming in to 2x on a 6S.

When the portrait mode software comes out later this month it might be a nice improvement.
Old 6th October 2016, 00:19   #9399
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Got my iPhone 7 128GB booking done via Flipkart. No Citibank card for that 10k cash back. Just wanted to know, apart from the EMI's opted for do we have to pay additional service tax et al?
Not a credit card user usually, always been on debit

Also got a message saying will receive it on the 7th between 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Old 6th October 2016, 02:06   #9400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Got my iPhone 7 128GB booking done via Flipkart. No Citibank card for that 10k cash back. Just wanted to know, apart from the EMI's opted for do we have to pay additional service tax et al?
Not a credit card user usually, always been on debit

Also got a message saying will receive it on the 7th between 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
They should have factored all costs into the EMI.
Old 6th October 2016, 07:46   #9401
BHPian

Saw somebody have this corner bumper on, looked very impressive & excellent protection too. Protect front & back with glass screens & use these for corners - original look preserved.

https://www.utomic.com/blogs/utomic-...ic-iphone-case
Old 6th October 2016, 08:07   #9402
BHPian

Today being the last day of sale, I am thinking of getting an iphone. Should i go for 6s plus or 7?

P.S- I dont have a citibank credit card
Old 6th October 2016, 08:10   #9403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I was very surprised and wanted to mention the same. But could not edit the previous post.

The place where I booked the phone, I'm the second person in queue. He mentioned to me 3 days back, that Apple has sent a circular telling them not to book the jet black anymore.

But thankfully I will get it day after tomorrow only.
Damm, Lucky you, I have decided to drop the idea of getting the jet black, Wont be available anytime soon + Have to handle it with care, Made me turn my decision towards the matt black 128Gb 7 plus which i would mostly get on 7th itself, Lets see fingers crossed.
Old 6th October 2016, 13:20   #9404
Senior - BHPian

Finally purchased an iphone 5s from snapdeal for 16.5 K after discounts. It's outdated , but none of the other iphones were within my budget. Wanted to try out the apple ecosystem from android. Another reason for buying was the camera that has good reviews.

Should I buy any accessories like a screen protector - for protecting from falls - and a grip ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 6th October 2016 at 13:23.
Old 6th October 2016, 14:29   #9405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Finally purchased an iphone 5s from snapdeal for 16.5 K after discounts. It's outdated , but none of the other iphones were within my budget. Wanted to try out the apple ecosystem from android. Another reason for buying was the camera that has good reviews.

Should I buy any accessories like a screen protector - for protecting from falls - and a grip ?
Good call. I bought my 5s 3 months back after being with blackberry for a very long time. Wanted to feel the IOS eco system and trust me it is so very natural. You will not regret it. Suggest go for the tempered glass and if you can get a casemate back cover, it looks neat.

Most Viewed