Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 07:31   #1021
Team-BHP Support

I always thought Apple believed in more of software updates, than hardware updates, every few months to keep its product on top/secure/virus free?

Yeah win/win mob also does the same, i still have 4 or 5 upgrade firmware from my last phone in my laptop. Sad HTC couldnt fix the memory leak issue with all of those upgrade, it was as good or as bad as it was, since win ce
Old 10th September 2008, 10:23   #1022
Team-BHP Support

Oh and dont forget to update iTunes to 8 before 2.1 i already have done, need to check the Genius option at work, after work ie
Old 11th September 2008, 10:30   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope the 2.1 software gets unlocked soon. I still haven't gotten down to upgrading from v1.1.1 , every time an update comes i think i'll wait for the next one. But this time i'm gonna get down to it some how !

Steve Jobs mentioned at the event yest that the v2.1 software improved battery life ! Wonder how a software update can improve battery life??
Old 11th September 2008, 10:33   #1024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Steve Jobs mentioned at the event yest that the v2.1 software improved battery life ! Wonder how a software update can improve battery life??
If they have changed the firmware settings to the standby mode to be more efficient or they have identified some apps which were power hungry and have fixed that then battery life will go up. Sometimes by a considerable margin.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:41   #1025
BHPian

Reducing/optimising net access will also give a huge boost. Same for location based services. Optimising them will also make the battery last longer
Old 11th September 2008, 12:13   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Vodaphone is now giving iPhone on EMIs

Quote:
The revolutionary iPhone can now be yours on easy monthly installments. So rush to a Vodafone Store, not the closest ATM.
iPhone on EMI

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th September 2008 at 12:58.
Old 11th September 2008, 12:27   #1027
Senior - BHPian

I've been using an application called "Shazam" on my iPhone. Basically what it does is that if you hear a song somewhere (Radio, Telly, Net) and want to know what it's called/what artist it is by, just make the application listen to the song & within a few seconds it'll let you know the artist name, track name, album (incl. artowrk) etc. etc.!

I've used it with quite a few English & Hindi songs & it works perfectly!! So now, no more guessing what that new song is, just find out!
Old 11th September 2008, 12:28   #1028
Team-BHP Support

Well, latest is that Apple realized that iPhone is finding the market absolutely luikewarm here in India and Vodafone and Airtel are struggling to do 'justice' to their product by the global yardstick. So they are apparently talking to BSNL also and if things go alright then expect a BSNL launch by December. And BSNL says they may make it 'real' affordable for people. I wonder whats the deal!

By the way India must be the only country where Apple has a truck with so many operators.
Old 11th September 2008, 12:53   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Voidaphone is now giving iPhone on EMIs

iPhone on EMI
So is Ayertel

iphone on EMI (Airtel)
Old 11th September 2008, 12:59   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So is Ayertel
Hehe Corrected my post

Cool didnt know this.
Old 11th September 2008, 13:23   #1031
BHPian

Guys, thought of sharing feedback of cycorder which does video on iPhone,it works with iPhone version 2.0.2 , you can find this ONLY on Cydia, not on installer which is buggy at the moment, its too good, the video are recorded with 6-15 frame per second, based on the lighting and environment, and the format is .mov, the output is real good.

-Pramod
Old 11th September 2008, 13:33   #1032
BHPian

BSNL to offer Iphone 3G??

Came across this article at CNET...!!

India's State Owned Telco major - BSNL to offer iPhone 3G soon - CNET Asia Blogs: Techolic by Jason S, India
Old 11th September 2008, 17:53   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I've been using an application called "Shazam" on my iPhone. Basically what it does is that if you hear a song somewhere (Radio, Telly, Net) and want to know what it's called/what artist it is by, just make the application listen to the song & within a few seconds it'll let you know the artist name, track name, album (incl. artowrk) etc. etc.!

I've used it with quite a few English & Hindi songs & it works perfectly!! So now, no more guessing what that new song is, just find out!
Thats plain genius ! I wonder how it manages to do that?

I have the Tunewiki which gives you the lyrics of the song playing and i was impressed by that Shazam is another level.

Now i really need to get my software updated The v2.1 software releases tomorrow, when do you guys think the dev-team would be able to crack it?

Last edited by Sahil : 11th September 2008 at 17:55.
Old 12th September 2008, 18:59   #1034
Team-BHP Support

2.1 Firmware available for download!

Downloading as i type, thanks to my primary internet connection being down, this will take 2 hours (237 MB) !! Hopefully wont have any breakages while downloading :(

Update includes:

Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
Significantly better battery life for most users
Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
Faster installation of 3rd party applications
Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
Improved performance in text messaging
Faster loading and searching of contacts
Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
Genius playlist creation

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th September 2008 at 19:10.
Old 12th September 2008, 21:19   #1035
BHPian

Few report on hackint0sh forum says if you upgrade[not restore] your old iPhone[not 3G] you would still be unlocked and activated , with every thing intact apart from loosing jailbreak ,cydia/installer and cydia/installer application.

-Pramod
PS: Please do this only if you can again restore back to 2.0.2 incase things goes wrong, as the baseband version of 2.1 is same[better use iTune previous version rather than 8.0]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks