Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 21:54   #6961
BHPian

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1408983791.282531.jpg. I am loving this battery back up
Old 26th August 2014, 17:48   #6962
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Dear iMates!

Is Apple iStore is the only way of getting free apps for an iphone that is not jail broken? If not, can please someone share some website names for downloading free apps for IOS 7.

Thanks,
Saket
Old 26th August 2014, 18:01   #6963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Dear iMates!

Is Apple iStore is the only way of getting free apps for an iphone that is not jail broken? If not, can please someone share some website names for downloading free apps for IOS 7.

Thanks,
Saket
Yes Apple store is the only way of getting apps on your iPhone. Unlike android, apple doesn't allows downloading apps from other websites. Hope this helps.
Old 26th August 2014, 18:06   #6964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yes Apple store is the only way of getting apps on your iPhone. Unlike android, apple doesn't allows downloading apps from other websites. Hope this helps.
More than helps! Thanks. Would like to ask one more question: Can I use another sim than what I will be using later (since it has not arrived from my provider) to activate my factory unlocked iPhone? I read somewhere that the number gets associated with the phone hence after activation, we need to delete the traces of the number from the phone. Kindly elaborate.
Old 26th August 2014, 18:23   #6965
BHPian

Quote:
More than helps! Thanks. Would like to ask one more question: Can I use another sim than what I will be using later (since it has not arrived from my provider) to activate my factory unlocked iPhone? I read somewhere that the number gets associated with the phone hence after activation, we need to delete the traces of the number from the phone. Kindly elaborate.
Yes of course. Since your iPhone is factory unlocked no problem in using any sim. You use the sim for the time being till the sim that you will be using arrives from your service provider. And there is nothing like number getting associated with iPhone etc. Just chill.
Old 26th August 2014, 18:26   #6966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes of course. Since your iPhone is factory unlocked no problem in using any sim. You use the sim for the time being till the sim that you will be using arrives from your service provider. And there is nothing like number getting associated with iPhone etc. Just chill.
Thank you so much! Else, you know it would have been a tough wait.
Old 27th August 2014, 05:56   #6967
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much! Else, you know it would have been a tough wait.
So have you purchased iPhone 4S? If yes then congrats on your new purchase.
Old 27th August 2014, 10:05   #6968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So have you purchased iPhone 4S? If yes then congrats on your new purchase.
Yes man! Got the 4s. Thanks a lot for your wishes and of course, the kind help.

Regards,
Saket
Old 27th August 2014, 12:52   #6969
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone using NightCap Pro app on their idevice? How good (or bad) it functions? It is for 120 bucks on the app store.
Old 27th August 2014, 16:56   #6970
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone using NightCap Pro app on their idevice? How good (or bad) it functions? It is for 120 bucks on the app store.
The app is pretty good, but do you really need it? I think if you have to take a night shot, then why not use flash? It is not worth the money. I bought it on an App of the day deal for free! And about that free apps thing. There is an app (only pc) 25pp. It does what you want without JB. But the entire application is in Chinese. Also I recommend JBing your phone, it is very cool. Oh, and if you do, download a theme called 'Aura'.
Cheers!
Old 27th August 2014, 17:04   #6971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
The app is pretty good, but do you really need it? I think if you have to take a night shot, then why not use flash? It is not worth the money.
Yes, one can use flash to capture a subject which is closer, like in the flash range. Slowing down the shutter speed can help one take pictures of the entire surroundings even in low light where flash may not help. But may be will look around for a free solution, or wait for a lucky day like yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
Also I recommend JBing your phone, it is very cool. Oh, and if you do, download a theme called 'Aura'.
Cheers!
3rd day of owning my first iPhone...this suggestion looks like a little scary proposition to me; at least for the warranty sake But may consider it in future since the possibilities are endless that way!

Thanks,
Saket
Old 27th August 2014, 18:12   #6972
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, one can use flash to capture a subject which is closer, like in the flash range. Slowing down the shutter speed can help one take pictures of the entire surroundings even in low light where flash may not help. But may be will look around for a free solution, or wait for a lucky day like yours!

3rd day of owning my first iPhone...this suggestion looks like a little scary proposition to me; at least for the warranty sake But may consider it in future since the possibilities are endless that way!

Thanks,
Saket
After sometime you should definitely jailbreak your iPhone. Many awesome apps and tweaks are available one you jailbreak your iPhone. Once you understand how jailbreak and it's tweaks work you will love it. I have also jail broken my iPhone.
Old 27th August 2014, 18:16   #6973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After sometime you should definitely jailbreak your iPhone. Many awesome apps and tweaks are available one you jailbreak your iPhone. Once you understand how jailbreak and it's tweaks work you will love it. I have also jail broken my iPhone.

I believe it voids the warranty; isn't it? But since it gives you the benefit of installing applications other than those in App store, it sounds mouth-watering.
Would like to ask about the process to jailbreak the phone (I hope we are not breaking TBHP rules by discussing this here as jailbreaking is legal in US). Can a user do it or I have to take help of professionals? Which software you would recommend? (*please clear your inbox*)

Thanks!
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 27th August 2014 at 18:22.
Old 27th August 2014, 20:49   #6974
BHPian

Quote:
I believe it voids the warranty; isn't it? But since it gives you the benefit of installing applications other than those in App store, it sounds mouth-watering.
Would like to ask about the process to jailbreak the phone (I hope we are not breaking TBHP rules by discussing this here as jailbreaking is legal in US). Can a user do it or I have to take help of professionals? Which software you would recommend? (*please clear your inbox*)

Thanks!
Saket
You jailbreak using a aoftware. No need to take it to any professional. You can do it yourself. I jailbroke my iPhone by myself. And before iPhone when I was using android I had rooted my android phone as well. I have cleared my inbox.
Old 27th August 2014, 21:58   #6975
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Saket
About warranty, if you backup before JBing, then you can restore your iPhone to the non JB iOS 7, so you can still claim warranty. But I understand that concern, I was just as paranoid as you in the beginning, but don't worry you'll get over it. You can use Pangu to JB it
Cheers!

Most Viewed