Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 09:13   #6871
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Someone I know has got himself an iPhone 4, not sure whether it is 4 or 4S, but it is all black. He wants to sell it now. Reason for sale is - Android.

Will the 4 or 4S be upgraded to iOS8 when it is unveiled?
Old 12th June 2014, 09:29   #6872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Will the 4 or 4S be upgraded to iOS8 when it is unveiled?
iPhone 4 will not receive iOS8 upgrade and for iPhone 4S iOS8 will be the last upgrade. If you ask me it does not make sense buying iPhone 4 at all at this point of time!
Old 18th June 2014, 15:18   #6873
Senior - BHPian

Guys who like to protect the phones but do not want to add too much bulk and also a clean back that shows the apple logo, consider the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Very thin and clear back. Rs 999 on Flipkart. Watch out for knockoffs.
Old 19th June 2014, 00:59   #6874
BHPian

Guys I was robbed yesterday by 5 people, they took away my iPhone 5s. I'm trying to track the phone but it is continuously showing as offline, what shall I do?
Old 19th June 2014, 08:45   #6875
BHPian

^^ you can report the same to the local police authorities and also your ISP to check if they could track the phone based on your IMEI. You also might want to email Apple regarding your loss.

Did you activate Find My Iphone ? If yes, you should get the last location. The reason for it being offline could be either it is switched off or they have restored your phone with some other Sim and Apple ID.
Old 19th June 2014, 08:58   #6876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Guys I was robbed yesterday by 5 people, they took away my iPhone 5s. I'm trying to track the phone but it is continuously showing as offline, what shall I do?
oops bad.
Did you file police complain? If not, do that.
Continue tracking. These goons will sell it off eventually and the new owner will connect to Internet.
Once you could locate, you can seek police help to get back your device.

I wish this is as simple as I mentioned.
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:10   #6877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Sorry to hear about that.

Keep tracking your Phone with Find my Phone. If the thieves are not Smart enough ( I wish !!!!!) You could even locate the Phone No. (SIM No.) through your iTunes Account. But all these happens only when the phone goes Online.

Wish Apple had introduced Kill switch by now (May be in iOS 8 ).

How about your Finger Print Scanner ? Have you set that ?

Check with your Apple dealer also. Police Complaint is a must.

Last edited by jaaz : 23rd June 2014 at 18:13.
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:47   #6878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wish Apple had introduced Kill switch by now
It's already on ios7
Quote:
I'm trying to track the phone but it is continuously showing as offline, what shall I do
Login to your icloud account & enable Lost Mode

http://www.intego.com/mac-security-b...phone-or-ipad/
Old 24th June 2014, 12:03   #6879
BHPian

Hello All,

Thanks for all the suggestions, steps i have taken:
> I have put my phone on lost mode, using icloud. It will give my custom message.
> Reported to police but have not filled FIR

Now, whenever i check the status on icloud, it shows that phone is in offline mode. It can mean two things, my phone has not been switched on and connected to net since last 1 week or it has been factory reset somehow in GAFFAR MARKET.
What you guys think, shall i just forget about the phone now or shall i keep checking on icloud.
Bought myself Grand2 for now, dont want to invest again in 5s as 6 will be launching near Diwali.
Old 26th June 2014, 15:49   #6880
BHPian

If you own a jailbroken iPhone, I strongly recommend you install iCaughtu pro from the cydia store. It has many features like it can take picture using the front camera when someone enters the wrong passcode.
You can also disable turning off the phone when in lock screen mode.
The picture taken is immediately emailed to your predefined email id along with the location of the phone (can many a times be inaccurate if the phone is indoors).
Old 11th July 2014, 00:35   #6881
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been facing a recurring problem with my IP5 since I upgraded to iOS7. The phone hangs while the screen was locked. The usual pattern of occurrence is when the phone is kept in the pocket for long or while it is charging. I can decipher that it has got something to do with heating, probably. Till iOS 7.1, I could pull up the shortcut screen and pull down the notification screen but now, after 7.1.1 even that is not possible.
The only solution is to reboot the phone or if I received a call. Receiving the call 'activates' the screen.

Off-late, I am facing this problem quite often, sometimes even more than once in a day and it is spoiling the whole purpose of the phone. Has any one been facing this problem?
Old 11th July 2014, 05:49   #6882
BHPian

I am using an iphone 5c with iOS 7.1.1 and I am also facing the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 11th July 2014, 10:21   #6883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have been facing a recurring problem with my IP5 since I upgraded to iOS7. The phone hangs while the screen was locked.
Is your phone screen locked with PIN? Double tap on Slide to unlock and without lifting the finger, slide it! Whether this opens the screen?
Old 11th July 2014, 17:40   #6884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have been facing a recurring problem with my IP5 since I upgraded to iOS7. The phone hangs while the screen was locked.

Off-late, I am facing this problem quite often, sometimes even more than once in a day and it is spoiling the whole purpose of the phone. Has any one been facing this problem?
This problem was there in iPhone 4S also, but somehow it got rectified. I guess there were 3-4 Software Updates after releasing iOS 7. So, it got rectified before 7.1.1 in the case of iPhone 4S.

In any case, the current Version is 7.1.2, Update your Software and check. Apple will be aware of these problems through background data collection, and constantly updates Software for any bugs. Since, the hardware of 4S and 5 or 5C are different, it might have been corrected in 4S and not 5. iPhone 5 and 5C are the same in a different shell. Where as 5S is more advanced.

This is a Software glitch, so it'll be rectified in future updates. iPhone 5C Owners can check with the Dealer's, since it'll be under warranty.
Old 12th July 2014, 00:11   #6885
Distinguished - BHPian

@Gokrish- I have a PIN lock on my phone screen. I tried many ways out of frustration but the screen was unresponsive in such a situation. Will try out your suggestion. Somehow the problem hasn't cropped up today.

@jaaz- I am running on 7.1.2. IIRC the problem wasn't there in 7.1.1. I guess it has resurfaced recently. Lets hope it gets sorted out soon. The only saving grace is the boot time is far less than my previous Android phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks