Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 11:34   #6916
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Doesn't iPhone 5 support 4G? I thought it did but airtel tells me it doesn't. They say that only 5C and 5S support 4G. Is this correct?
iPhone 5 Supports only 3-4 bands of 4G, which is used in North America & Europe and 5C & 5S support about 13 bands or we can say almost all the bands of 4G. India or Airtel uses 2300 - 2400 hz band which most of the Countries don't use. Government of India has allotted the spectrum of this band, so even if New service providers come in, they've to use the same as Airtel.

So, If you want to use 4G on your Mobile, then go for 4G LTE Mobiles, which support all the 4G bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Does anybody know of an app to monitor data (usage by individual apps) over Wi-Fi (not cellular)?
Check DataMan app. on iOS
Old 1st August 2014, 17:48   #6917
BHPian

Quick review of an MFI cable.

Recently purchased a Targus Sync and Charge cable (1M) from Croma for 1275. This was after 2 failed attempts at using cheap knockoff cables which no longer seem to work with the Iphone 5C IOS 7. (Gives error)
The cable is shorter than the standard cable and is a bit hard (plastic wise) but works perfectly with the IDevices (tested also on my IPad).
It also comes with a 1 year warranty and Is MFI.

Last edited by torquecurve : 1st August 2014 at 17:48. Reason: Spell check
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:36   #6918
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your responses. The iPhone 5 doesn't support 4G in India. The 5c and 5s do.
I will have to stick to 2G for now since 3G doesn't seem to be that significantly better anyway.
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:05   #6919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I will have to stick to 2G for now since 3G doesn't seem to be that significantly better anyway.
3G is far far better than 2G for data - it's not even a comparison.
Old 4th August 2014, 15:18   #6920
BHPian

Getting bugged of laggy Samsung android Grand Quattro.

Thinking of getting iPhone, Grand quattro will fetch me 7.5k

At Present my options are
  1. iPhone 5c - 8 GB @ 30K
  2. iPhone 4s - 8 GB @ 22k
  3. iPhone 5c - 16 GB @ 34K
Does it make sense to go for iPhone 4s at this stage or iPhone 5c is better, my intent is to keep it at-least for 2 years. I have personally seen iPhone 5c the polycarbonate body feels good in hand and nothing like cheap Samsung plastic.

Though I am inclined towards iPhone 5c but not sure about 8GB or 16GB variant. I already own Bajaj finance EMI card and will be getting it through the same as i do not use credit card so paying little or marginal difference in EMI wont pinch me that much.

Please suggest / Advice which of the above makes better sense in long run.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 4th August 2014 at 15:20.
Old 4th August 2014, 15:25   #6921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post

If you still like Android but sick of Samsung, you can consider Moto X - absolutely beautiful experience.

Else go for iPhone 5s or 5c, you wont regret it for 2-3 years.
Old 4th August 2014, 17:38   #6922
BHPian

Quote:

5c-16GB will keep you happy for two years easily. If you can, try buying a 16gb 5S instead. It will hold its value for longer. Please do buy a 16GB at least, though a bit expensive initially it will keep you happier for longer.
I personally have a 5C 16 and also an Android (JB OS, multi core) and prefer the smoother faster 5C.
Old 4th August 2014, 17:38   #6923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does it make sense to go for iPhone 4s at this stage or iPhone 5c is better, my intent is to keep it at-least for 2 years. I have personally seen iPhone 5c the polycarbonate body feels good in hand and nothing like cheap Samsung plastic.

Though I am inclined towards iPhone 5c but not sure about 8GB or 16GB variant. I already own Bajaj finance EMI card and will be getting it through the same as i do not use credit card so paying little or marginal difference in EMI wont pinch me that much.
Go with the 5C. Its effectively an iPhone 5 in a plastic body. Though the colours are a bit loud, it feels nice to hold and is quite sturdy. Much better option than the 4S.

And I would suggest 16GB. 8 will get used up very fast and unlike the Samsung, this does not have any option to expand using additional memory slot.
Old 4th August 2014, 17:58   #6924
BHPian

5C 8 GB went cheaper by 2k recently. It has been holding this rate for last one week See http://bit.ly/1orQeU7
Old 4th August 2014, 18:23   #6925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Spend a lil more and get the iPhone 5S. It recently had a sharp price drop and it now available at 40k for the Gold Variant.

And better go for 16GB variant if you decide for 5C.

Last edited by abhibh : 4th August 2014 at 18:24.
Old 4th August 2014, 18:57   #6926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
If you still like Android but sick of Samsung, you can consider Moto X - absolutely beautiful experience.

Else go for iPhone 5s or 5c, you wont regret it for 2-3 years.
Plonking 24K at one go is big no for me plus i want to trade my Grand quattro and sellers here only buy mobile in exchange or else Moto X was definitely on the cards. I do not use credit card and as per flipkart CC they do not have any provision for EMI cards from Bajaj finance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
5c-16GB will keep you happy for two years easily. If you can, try buying a 16gb 5S instead. It will hold its value for longer. Please do buy a 16GB at least, though a bit expensive initially it will keep you happier for longer.
I personally have a 5C 16 and also an Android (JB OS, multi core) and prefer the smoother faster 5C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Go with the 5C. Its effectively an iPhone 5 in a plastic body. Though the colours are a bit loud, it feels nice to hold and is quite sturdy. Much better option than the 4S.

And I would suggest 16GB. 8 will get used up very fast and unlike the Samsung, this does not have any option to expand using additional memory slot.
Yes white a iPhone 5c-16GB variant is now on cards for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
5C 8 GB went cheaper by 2k recently. It has been holding this rate for last one week See http://bit.ly/1orQeU7
Will stick to 5C-16Gb as suggested by others

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Spend a lil more and get the iPhone 5S. It recently had a sharp price drop and it now available at 40k for the Gold Variant.

And better go for 16GB variant if you decide for 5C.
iPhone 5S is cheaper online but 16Gb gold variant is still trading for @49K in retail stores here. One thing amazes me why the retailers cannot price iPhones equal or something closer to online traders.

if i buy 49K phone for me my home minister will

Initially my budget was between 22-28K but maximum i can stretch is for iPhone 5c-16 GB for now.

Thanks a lot to all of you for suggestions and advice
Old 5th August 2014, 06:03   #6927
BHPian

Quote:

You go ahead with iPhone 5C. I am using one and it is simply stunning. The colours are attractive and the quality of plastic is really great. Don't even compare it to the plastic quality of Samsung phones. It is real value for money. And 5C provides much better grip in hand compared to 5S.
Old 6th August 2014, 00:38   #6928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plonking 24K at one go is big no for me plus i want to trade my Grand quattro and sellers here only buy mobile in exchange or else Moto X was definitely on the cards. I do not use credit card and as per flipkart CC they do not have any provision for EMI cards from Bajaj finance.

Yes white a iPhone 5c-16GB variant is now on cards for me.

Will stick to 5C-16Gb as suggested by others

iPhone 5S is cheaper online but 16Gb gold variant is still trading for @49K in retail stores here. One thing amazes me why the retailers cannot price iPhones equal or something closer to online traders.

if i buy 49K phone for me my home minister will

Initially my budget was between 22-28K but maximum i can stretch is for iPhone 5c-16 GB for now.

Thanks a lot to all of you for suggestions and advice

Bought the 5S gold last week from flipkart at 41.9 K INR including shipping. This was a gift for someone In the family. With the 6 launch around the corner , 5 S prices will go down more. Flipkart also has a superb return / refund policy as well, in case you do not like the product.

I remember all the 3 sellers ( flipkart , Amazon and snapdeal ) selling this for lower than 43 K INR including shippng

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 6th August 2014, 11:25   #6929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
You go ahead with iPhone 5C. I am using one and it is simply stunning. The colours are attractive and the quality of plastic is really great. Don't even compare it to the plastic quality of Samsung phones. It is real value for money. And 5C provides much better grip in hand compared to 5S.
Thanks HappyRoadie, any suggestion for good quality back cover for 5C ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Bought the 5S gold last week from flipkart at 41.9 K INR including shipping. This was a gift for someone In the family. With the 6 launch around the corner , 5 S prices will go down more. Flipkart also has a superb return / refund policy as well, in case you do not like the product.

I remember all the 3 sellers ( flipkart , Amazon and snapdeal ) selling this for lower than 43 K INR including shippng

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Thanks speedsatya, but i cannot plonk 41k at one go, also i do not use Credit card or else i would have gone for iPhone 5s or Moto X from flipkart. Here i am trading my quattro for 7k and opting for bajaj finance zero processing fees option which works as under

iPhone 5C-16GB = Rs 34,000/- from The Mobile store, this is best price i have got compared other retailers like Vijay sales, Croma & Reliance digital

Offer from Bajaj finance - 34000/10=3400 of 10 installments

3 Installments in advance - 3 x 3400 = 10200-7000*= 3200 is initial down payment which i have to make and rest in 7 Emi's through ECS.
*buy back for quattro

My initial budget was between 22k - 28k, with exchange of quattro, 5C is costing me Rs 27,000/-

From my past experience If i delay my decision my excitement will die and i may even not buy one.

Next month is wife's Birthday so thinking to gift her a Moto E to keep her happy

Edit
Once again thanks to all the bhpians for offering helping hand to fellow bhpian, Team-Bhp Rocks

Last edited by driving_smartly : 6th August 2014 at 11:36.
Old 8th August 2014, 12:06   #6930
BHPian

Finally my first Apple product, bought iPhone 5c - 16GB White colour and I am loving it.

Trimmed my existing Vodafone Macro Sim to nano by scissor without any drawing or help from Google but it was successful

Will be getting proper Nano Sim from Vodafone in due course.

Now do's and dont's for Apple ? I am not versed with i-tunes, should figure it out in coming weekend.

I have downloaded few apps as per my requirement need a good fuel log application. I was using fuel log app in Android.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks