note- today all phones sold are on MRP
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:37   #5417
Team-BHP Support

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
iOS 6.0.1 released!
But doesnt include any Map update.

Update in progress, lets see how it is .
It does have an update for the maps application. They added a report a problem button.

http://updates.gizmodo.com/post/3478...far-looks-like
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:38   #5418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
iOS 6.0.1 released!
But doesnt include any Map update.

Update in progress, lets see how it is .
I updated the iOS already. However, all the updates are mostly iPhone 5 specific. Other iPhone user would not feel any change. However, if someone does see anything new, please do keep everyone posted.
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:39   #5419
BHPian

Guys, is there any update on Nano sim from Airtel? I might get my iPhone 5 tomorrow, but what to do with it without nano sim? And I don't want to cut sim etc etc.
Old 2nd November 2012, 14:55   #5420
Team-BHP Support

As usual last minute confusions with launch. Imagine store had told me they would call and inform the program and how to collect the coupon for collecting the device. Never got a call, dropped in to the store during lunch and finally got to know that i just need to walk in at UB city. Hopefully this will work lol

Airtel never delivered the Nano card as promised, called them up again and due to "technical delays" this will be done on priority basis tomorrow

Often wonder why we are so good at this, chaos at the last moment ?!

Updated the iPhone 4 to 6.0.1 no glaring difference till now.
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:17   #5421
BHPian

Update:

If anyone wants iPhone 5 today in Bangalore, they have to walk in to UB city. Airtel has setup a shop where in, they will provide you nano sim on the spot. Provided you have address proof etc...

Last edited by Selective : 2nd November 2012 at 16:37.
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:31   #5422
Senior - BHPian

The iOS 6.0.1 update corrects the loss of wifi connection for many devices, it talks about many enhancements for iPhone 5 (that I don't have) but it has made a great amount if difference to iPad 2 experience.

If someone has faced issues with older gen devices this corrects most of them. Cheers!
Old 3rd November 2012, 00:59   #5423
Team-BHP Support

Typing from iPhone 5

For me coming from 4 it's a good jump! The event in BLR was anything but pathetic. No one had any clue what was happening and some nimkampoohs claiming to be apple employees treating customer badly. I was fortunate not to be one of those, but the 3G launch by Airtel was much more smoother and well organized than this circus.

Anyways picked up the nano sim also from UB city, waiting for activation to truely go mobile
Old 3rd November 2012, 01:28   #5424
Senior - BHPian

in iOS 6.0.1, the amounts for the paid apps now appear in Indian Rupees instead of Dollars in the App Store.
Old 3rd November 2012, 07:24   #5425
Team-BHP Support

Nano sim got activated. Waiting for data also to show up. Why can't these things happen smoothly, ever?! Reason why I never changed my sim last decade
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:48   #5426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
in iOS 6.0.1, the amounts for the paid apps now appear in Indian Rupees instead of Dollars in the App Store.
It was there with iOS 6 as well. However, 6.0.1 does not seem to have solved Wi-Fi problem :-(
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:06   #5427
BHPian

Hi Friends, I am also planning to switch to iPhone 5. Need some help on the same. I am confused, should i go for 16GB or 32GB. My prime usage will be emails, apps and magazines subscriptions. I wont be keeping more than 3-4 GB songs on the phone.

Also any clues for Nano SIM on Vodafone? I have checked with their CC, as per them it is not launched by Vodafone yet.
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:24   #5428
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly
Hi Friends, I am also planning to switch to iPhone 5. Need some help on the same. I am confused, should i go for 16GB or 32GB. My prime usage will be emails, apps and magazines subscriptions. I wont be keeping more than 3-4 GB songs on the phone.

Also any clues for Nano SIM on Vodafone? I have checked with their CC, as per them it is not launched by Vodafone yet.
I feel for your usage 16gb should be enough.
Unless you download loads of apps and games I feel 16 gb is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
Typing from iPhone 5

For me coming from 4 it's a good jump! The event in BLR was anything but pathetic. No one had any clue what was happening and some nimkampoohs claiming to be apple employees treating customer badly. I was fortunate not to be one of those, but the 3G launch by Airtel was much more smoother and well organized than this circus.

Anyways picked up the nano sim also from UB city, waiting for activation to truely go mobile
Kool.
So what is different in 5 which was not there in 4,from a normal users point of view.
Also for the nano sim were you asked to submit address proof , photo etc again.

Mods please merge this with the earlier post, missed multiquote while using iOS app,my bad.

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2012 at 11:50. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:39   #5429
Team-BHP Support

Many features were missing in 4. Starting with 3D maps etc.

Airtel has messed up Nano sim implimentation, checked the phone and saw no service message. On a hunch I put the old sim in another phone and vola it's working! Called up Airtel and the executive confirmed they are having issue. Thank god I didn't throw the old sim. And the jokers didnt even inform before switch back.

Now waiting for next tamasha from Airtel!

Yes they wanted address proof etc for nano sim. Had to give copy of license and was carrying copy of my bill yday, so that took care.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd November 2012 at 12:40.
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:44   #5430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
Many features were missing in 4. Starting with 3D maps etc.

Airtel has messed up Nano sim implimentation, checked the phone and saw no service message. On a hunch I put the old sim in another phone and vola it's working! Called up Airtel and the executive confirmed they are having issue. Thank god I didn't throw the old sim. And the jokers didnt even inform before switch back.

Now waiting for next tamasha from Airtel!
Did you try out new headphones ,how are they compared to the old ones.
Also the panaroma feature is kool one and works perfect,have tested the same on my 4s,so I guess you will enjoy that also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks