Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 23:36   #5446
Team-BHP Support

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Well the white one seems to have a light leaking issue!

White Iphone 5 light leaks.
Those might be the older phones before apple clamped down on foxconn and reduced the tolerances.
Old 6th November 2012, 11:08   #5447
Senior - BHPian

Apple retailers are giving a discount of 5% to all employees of our company till this month's end on all Apple products except the iPhone5. They had put up a stall in our premises yesterday to showcase all products. They did not have iPhone5 and, iPad Mini is not yet available in India. They say it will reach Indian shores only in December.

So the iPhone 4S, which is now officially sold at 38,500/-, will be sold to us at 36,500/- for a limited period.
Old 6th November 2012, 13:03   #5448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Those might be the older phones before apple clamped down on foxconn and reduced the tolerances.
Yes on normal inspection i didn't find any leakage issue till now. Even i was little worried when i opened the packaging due to scuffgate, again was lucky to have got a clean piece. No rattle, scuffs or bends till now. TOUCH WOOD!
Old 6th November 2012, 14:34   #5449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
It was there with iOS 6 as well. However, 6.0.1 does not seem to have solved Wi-Fi problem :-(
Guys I have an iPhone 4S that I brought from HK. Due to battery not holding up (and the phone not shutting down) I got a replacement handset from Australia when I was there last month.

Now I have come back to India, I had updated the phone to ios 6.0.1, and the phone does not connect to my home wifi anymore. I am running WPA-PSK2 on my home wifi and rest of the iDevices (Macbook pro & and ipad 2) connect without a problem. Infact the ipad 2 has been updated to ios 6.0.1 too -and it still connects.

The problem with wifi is that the phone does not show my home wireless network at all!

Any pointers on what can I do to troubleshoot? I have already reset network settings and that did not solve the issue.

If not, any ideas where in India/Pune I can show the iPhone for support since its still under warranty?
Old 6th November 2012, 14:41   #5450
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This morning when I connected my Ipod touch to the comp I got a software update notification for ios 6.0.1 - I updated the software straightaway.
I use only wi fi all the time.
Am in office right now and working on wi fi off my Mac Air.
My ipod touch is connected to wi fi too.
My Iphone is plugged in and Im going to update the software to ios 6.0.1 now.
If there is any trouble with the iphone detecting the wifi network I will let you know but as of this moment I dont think there is an issue.
I use a WPA2 wi fi network at home so will check that also and tell you.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
I had updated the phone to ios 6.0.1, and the phone does not connect to my home wifi anymore.
Old 6th November 2012, 15:37   #5451
Senior - BHPian

i got a big scare the morning after upgraded to iOS 6.0.1. as usual i got up in the morning and the first thing i do is check my mails and i was horrified to find No Service showing on the top left corner!

i rebooted the phone a couple of times, but it still kept showing No Service. i then removed the SIM and reinserted it, but no avail! i finally gave and thought i'll visit the ARC and get a new SIM (thinking this is a SIM problem) on the way to office.

i come back from a shower and there it is - Airtel 3G

phew! that was the scariest moment of my iOS 6.0.1 upgrade
Old 6th November 2012, 15:41   #5452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i got a big scare the morning after upgraded to iOS 6.0.1. as usual i got up in the morning and the first thing i do is check my mails and i was horrified to find No Service showing on the top left corner!

i rebooted the phone a couple of times, but it still kept showing No Service. i then removed the SIM and reinserted it, but no avail! i finally gave and thought i'll visit the ARC and get a new SIM (thinking this is a SIM problem) on the way to office.

i come back from a shower and there it is - Airtel 3G

phew! that was the scariest moment of my iOS 6.0.1 upgrade

I wonder how you managed to survive?

But tell me one thing.
6 is alright now?

I ask as I want to upgrade wifey's IP$ to 6, but i also dont want to get into trouble.
Specifically with maps.
Old 6th November 2012, 16:26   #5453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

I wonder how you managed to survive?

But tell me one thing.
6 is alright now?

I ask as I want to upgrade wifey's IP$ to 6, but i also dont want to get into trouble.
Specifically with maps.
Besides Maps and missing YouTube app, there is no issue in upgrading to 6.0.1. One thing that I have observed after 6.x upgrade is that my phone gets charged faster than it used to be. Don't know if its my imagination or truth.

Beware that the new Passbook app won't work in India as yet.
Old 6th November 2012, 16:27   #5454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If there is any trouble with the iphone detecting the wifi network I will let you know
Thanks. Believe me, I have always believed in Apple quality, but the recent issues with my iPhone 4S (having already a replaced handset from Apple) has left me believing otherwise. My past smartphones (HTC Windows Mobiles and Samsung Android devices) has never had any issues which completely blanked out a service - be it wifi or modem or bluetooth radios)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
But tell me one thing.
6 is alright now?

Specifically with maps.
It all depends on how much you place usefulness on the ios 6 features like facebook integration. Personally if you ask me, I would suggest you wait - the new features on ios 6 like "Do not Disturb" are something that you can probably live without, and the rest of them like apple maps and passbook are anyways completely useless here in India.

With the typical issues like my phones wifi going completely borked, I atleast dont recommend going to 6.0.1.
Old 6th November 2012, 17:46   #5455
BANNED

I have succeeded in downloading iOS 6.0.1 onto my Iphone 4S as well a short while ago.
It is merrily downloading emails via the office wi fi as we speak
Will test it again at home too and let you know

I will also do the same download for my iPad2 which is at home right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Thanks. Believe me, I have always believed in Apple quality, ut a service - be it wifi or modem or bluetooth radios)

pical issues like my phones wifi going completely borked, I atleast dont recommend going to 6.0.1.
Old 6th November 2012, 17:54   #5456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Well, no issue with the one I have. It's working fine. But then I wouldn't have even noticed this "issue" if it had occurred in my phone!
Old 6th November 2012, 18:16   #5457
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have succeeded in downloading iOS 6.0.1 onto my Iphone 4S as well a short while ago.
Same here. No issues so far with the iOS 6.0.1.

And I downloaded this app called McTube. Works much better than the regular YouTube app.
Old 6th November 2012, 18:23   #5458
BHPian

Well i updated my iPhone 4 almost in an hour of its launch. it was just a 35 MB update, so never bothered to even reach back home.
According to the updates from apple 6.0.1 fixes:-
~Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances.
~ Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks.

i have been using the updated 6.0.1 seamlessly with no issues at all.
For people who are facing trouble in connecting to wireless, I would suggest them to remove the wireless network by forget the network and pair it again. Maybe it works.

Last edited by keralshobhit : 6th November 2012 at 18:25. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 6th November 2012, 19:24   #5459
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Same here. No issues so far with the iOS 6.0.1.

And I downloaded this app called McTube. Works much better than the regular YouTube app.
Ok now Im at home and all my devices are now on ios 6.0.1 and as of this moment I am not facing any trouble with my home wi fi either.
Indeed I am typing this on my ipad as we speak. My ipod touch and iphone are all happily downloading messages.
No worries so far.
Old 6th November 2012, 22:07   #5460
BHPian

Updated both my devices to iOS 6.0.1 today morning. No issues so far. touch wood.
My imagination or not - i4 seems to get slower these days.. could it be because of the reason that new OS and apps are more meant for i5 and i4s (with much better muscles inbuilt?) possibly yes! BTW I do keep a tab to have ~ GB or so free disk space (if it helps in any manner!), still it feels slower than what it used to be a year back or so.:-(
newly tried apps- that I use more these days - waze, Mctube & ted :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks