Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 17:38   #7081
BHPian

There is no international warranty on any iPhones till date. Last time i checked here in Hyderabad, they said warranty no valid. One of my friends got a gold iphone from the US and his lock switch had an issue and no store over here replaced it under warranty.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:57   #7082
BHPian

I think this much doubt & confusion is enough for me to drop the idea of buying the 6 from singapore. I guess I'll wait for the indian launch & buy it from here only!
Old 15th September 2014, 20:02   #7083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
There is no international warranty on any iPhones till date. Last time i checked here in Hyderabad, they said warranty no valid. One of my friends got a gold iphone from the US and his lock switch had an issue and no store over here replaced it under warranty.

That is incorrect. Apple started honoring international warranty on iPhones with release of iPhone 5s.
Old 15th September 2014, 20:30   #7084
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
That is incorrect. Apple started honoring international warranty on iPhones with release of iPhone 5s.
Then I'm not sure. Aptronix did not accept an international phone.
Old 15th September 2014, 20:36   #7085
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
OK possible. My friend's 5 was replaced by warranty only in US (country of purchase, not India) - he lived with a faulty lock button for almost six months till someone he knew went to the US.

That alone makes it not worth most people's time IMHO, esp given competitive prices in India, esp online - for the older generation. For the newer generation, international prices are normally much better!

Last edited by phamilyman : 15th September 2014 at 20:38.
Old 15th September 2014, 21:28   #7086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

OK possible. My friend's 5 was replaced by warranty only in US (country of purchase, not India) - he lived with a faulty lock button for almost six months till someone he knew went to the US.

That alone makes it not worth most people's time IMHO, esp given competitive prices in India, esp online - for the older generation. For the newer generation, international prices are normally much better!
Even my friend's 5 had the same faulty lock button problem. He had it replaced at imagine store, Forum! Interesting.. 2 cases of faulty lock button, I'm sure many out there might have got the same issue too.
Old 15th September 2014, 21:37   #7087
BHPian

What application do you guys use to download free music on your iPhones/iPads , etc?

I installed Music D/L on my fourth generation iPod Touch iOS 6.1 jailbreak and even after downloading some songs, I am unable to listen to them. They do appear as Now Playing in the app but the seek bar doesn't move forward and nor can I hear anything.

Help would be appreciated
Old 15th September 2014, 22:25   #7088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What application do you guys use to download free music on your iPhones/iPads , etc?
not aware of free , but there are many like gaana , saavn and wynk by airtel all very reasonably priced
Old 15th September 2014, 22:32   #7089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post

I installed Music D/L on my fourth generation iPod Touch iOS 6.1 jailbreak and even after downloading some songs, I am unable to listen to them. They do appear as Now Playing in the app but the seek bar doesn't move forward and nor can I hear anything.

Help would be appreciated
Since it's JB'ed, I would recommend a tweak named bridge. It is pretty simple and easy to use. Don't remember if it is paid or free. It lets you import your media directly to the music app. For downloading, I use sound cloud downloader. To get it for free please PM me! (Against forum rules, priacy is!) attaching screenshot
The iPhone Thread-image.jpg

Last edited by thebfg : 15th September 2014 at 22:35.
Old 15th September 2014, 22:43   #7090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
I have iphone5 bought in US. Last month when I checked with Apple stores, they said intnl warranty is not supported.
did u reconfirm this with Apple customer care as well? I am saying because last year i had warranty issues with my iPad (though i bought the iPad from India). Imagine service center at Forum mall tried to take me for a ride! Its only after i escalated this to apple care and logged a case Imagine honored me warranty and gave me a full replacement!

My overall experience with Apple customer care had been always good. Even for cases for which i am not eligible for warranty, these guys gave me waiver as a special case and imagine service center in Bangalore had to abide to it! (I cant disclose the case details here though )
Old 15th September 2014, 22:55   #7091
BHPian

Quote:

That's not the correct interpretation. It will be honoured only for people who are travelling from US or any other country for that matter and here on a short stay with valid proof. Not for all who bought the phone from a different country.
Old 15th September 2014, 23:12   #7092
Distinguished - BHPian

I rather was told by a friend who deals in telecom that Apple honours international warranty for all devices without a Sim facility. So an Ipad without 3g connectivity and only WIFI connectivity is covered but the one with SIM facility is not. Extending the same logic, no Iphone is covered by international warranty.
Old 16th September 2014, 06:46   #7093
BHPian

Apple India denied to service my internationally bought iPhone 5c. Even if it is paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 16th September 2014, 07:42   #7094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Apple India denied to service my internationally bought iPhone 5c. Even if it is paid for.
Same here, I bought my iPhone 4 in Paris, authorized service centers here refuse to repair them. But that was 3.5 years ago & its still working superbly. Just got screen replaced & battery replaced once from a 3rd party repair center. No issues.
Old 16th September 2014, 08:14   #7095
Distinguished - BHPian

Can't you complain to apple about this? Not honoring warranty is fine. But they can't deny serving the phone even though customer is willing to pay. This is like they are trying to punish you for losing your business. I doubt if apple made this as official policy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks