Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 21:57   #7186
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

i bought a 32Gb space grey 5s on 23rd Aug for 61,500/-, I checked with 5 different stores including iStore and none had the space grey in stock.
The gold 32gb was available for 55k. Looks like everyone has stocked the gold version based on prior demand.
Old 23rd September 2014, 22:02   #7187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Please let us know about the deal you got for the 32 Gig version. I dont think the prices for the 32 nd 64 Gig has come down. It is only the 16 GB version that has been hit by the IP6 wave.
no deals mate; got it for full price. they've not reduced the prices for 32GB upwards. the gold is most expensive, followed by the space gray and then the silver. i got the space gray.
Old 23rd September 2014, 22:02   #7188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Please let us know about the deal you got for the 32 Gig version. I dont think the prices for the 32 nd 64 Gig has come down. It is only the 16 GB version that has been hit by the IP6 wave.
I think it's a matter of time before all the versions of the 5s get a price cut. There can't be a premium of 30k between the 16GB and 32GB versions. I wouldn't be surprised if the 64GB variant comes down to around 40k in a month or so (around the festive season).
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:24   #7189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I think it's a matter of time before all the versions of the 5s get a price cut. There can't be a premium of 30k between the 16GB and 32GB versions. I wouldn't be surprised if the 64GB variant comes down to around 40k in a month or so (around the festive season).
Boy I am waiting for that day. I am just waiting for that opportunity to pounce on a 32 Gig Space Grey (which is not easily available) for low price.
Old 24th September 2014, 08:58   #7190
BHPian

Update on my "Camera Roll" rant on Pg 477. Whatsapp has released an update, and now it shows "All Photos" folder for sending media. Glad atleast they acted.
Old 25th September 2014, 13:52   #7191
BHPian

"Bendgate" and "Updategate" the latest in iphone 6 issues

Name:  screenshot20140924at43228pm.png
Views: 903
Size:  137.7 KB

Link - http://fortune.com/2014/09/24/two-ap...nd-updategate/
Old 25th September 2014, 20:18   #7192
BHPian

Bought an iPhone 5S from Amazon for 32k in the midnight sale three days ago, and it arrived yesterday, with seven hours of standby time and a defective earpiece that's a hit or miss while I'm IN calls. Thankfully these guys have a refund policy.

This has left such a sour taste in my mouth; I've always been an iPhone user, right from the first gen Aluminum; the only time I shifted from the lineup was when I had a bold 9780 in addition to my 4. After the iPhone 5 two years ago, this year in March I felt like trying android for fun's sake. I purchased a Moto G and yes, it came with its quirks but Android is definitely more suited to Indian accents and is more Google as a whole is more user centric.

Fast forward to three weeks ago when the iPhone 6 was announced, I thought I'd go for it, but when the 5s came for 32k, the 6 suddenly did not feel worth the probable 60k price tag. Now that the 5s is going back for a refund, I immediately ordered a Moto X 2014 last night. It'll be here by day after and I'm really looking forward to it. The G changed my opinion about Android totally, yes, iOS is more polished but the X is definitely worth it, going by reviews, plus its 32k, too
Old 25th September 2014, 21:07   #7193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
I immediately ordered a Moto X 2014 last night. It'll be here by day after and I'm really looking forward to it. The G changed my opinion about Android totally, yes, iOS is more polished but the X is definitely worth it, going by reviews, plus its 32k, too
Sensible decision. Looks like you have rather chosen smartest smartphone out of all. MotoX is an elegant and a better constructed phone as well.

Now looking forward for your review.
Old 26th September 2014, 01:15   #7194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
Now that the 5s is going back for a refund, I immediately ordered a Moto X 2014 last night. It'll be here by day after and I'm really looking forward to it. The G changed my opinion about Android totally, yes, iOS is more polished but the X is definitely worth it, going by reviews, plus its 32k, too
Congrats. Yes, a really smart decision that is. I just love the way Moto X interacts with you when you give it voice commands, a true example of how a smart-phone should actually work. I will definitely wait for your review

Last edited by aah78 : 26th September 2014 at 02:51. Reason: Post ed
Old 26th September 2014, 09:56   #7195
BHPian

iOS 8.0.2 update released!

Fixes the problem I ranted on few pages back (bullet 4).

The iPhone Thread-cg4wfqkwp6icpdyaahbq45itlsaapb5whikpaaachd354.jpg
Old 30th September 2014, 12:05   #7196
Senior - BHPian

so, is it safe yet to install iOS 8 or should i wait around a bit more
Old 30th September 2014, 12:40   #7197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
so, is it safe yet to install iOS 8 or should i wait around a bit more
I say wait!

Guys, anyone facing issue for slow net speed over WiFi? It works fine with 3G, fine on Android phones in the house.

This was an reported issue in 8.0.0 update, however was solved for many in 8.0.2, but not for me. Tried all workarounds except Network Reset, which I will tonight eventually (I know that should have the first thing to do!).
Old 30th September 2014, 13:31   #7198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
I say wait!

Guys, anyone facing issue for slow net speed over WiFi? It works fine with 3G, fine on Android phones in the house.

This was an reported issue in 8.0.0 update, however was solved for many in 8.0.2, but not for me. Tried all workarounds except Network Reset, which I will tonight eventually (I know that should have the first thing to do!).
I updated it and I am noticing that the speed over WiFi has become quite slow. Restarting the phone solves it temporarily but then again it becomes slow. Apart from this no issues.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:43   #7199
BHPian

I'm not sure if it's because of the update, running on iOS 8.0.2 and none of the videos play. AppStore trailers, youtube, Instagram and FB. None of the videos start playing.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:50   #7200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I'm not sure if it's because of the update, running on iOS 8.0.2 and none of the videos play. AppStore trailers, Youtube, Instagram and FB. None of the videos start playing.
Yes! Absolutely annoying!

I'm sure you are experiencing this on WiFi, bcos it all works fine on 3G. So means its a networking issue in the phone. It goes so slow that videos hardly start buffering. A small 15sec instagram vid wont start! There is no progress on the time-bar on Youtube!

Couple of things I tried which didn't help me, but did to few:

- Switch off cellular data when in Wifi
- Switch of Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Wifi Networking
- Reset Network Setting (yet to do)

Please let me know if there are any more tweaks to get this working, possibly with the router setting too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks