Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2016, 14:33   #8521
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Correct. I fully agree with you. So I got the 128 Gigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
If there is one thing I have learned the hard way is that I always get every device, be it a phone, tablet, laptop or whatever with the maximum onboard storage capacity.

Jeroen
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:29   #8522
Senior - BHPian

Is there any app which can blur portion of a video taken on iphone? I googled, the results / apps are not available on itunes.

I don't wanna download it in PC and edit the video

Thanks in advance
Old 24th January 2016, 18:41   #8523

Why don't the iPhone 5s have a FM radio. Is this the case with all iPhone s? Can someone give some info on this omission.
Old 24th January 2016, 21:02   #8524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafalkon View Post
Why don't the iPhone 5s have a FM radio. Is this the case with all iPhone s? Can someone give some info on this omission.
Most premium phones don't have the FM radio - the iPhone and the Note series.
Old 25th January 2016, 00:25   #8525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Paytm has good cashback offers for the 6S.
16gb is around 35k.
Hi, can you pl provide the link as I couldn't find it in paytm. Paytm started with some recharge coupons right, never knew that they have started various other sales like flipkart and amazon. Is it a trustworthy site like flipkart? Does it also have the same return policy? And hope the products are genuine ones and not re-furbished or factory unlocked imported ones?
Old 25th January 2016, 00:35   #8526
BHPian

petrol_power: please specify which product you are looking at.
my experience with PAYTM has been next to excellent on most orders.

I've almost dropped using flipkart due to delivery delays, and am happy with paytm deliveries, which included basic toy to Gaming console, all sealed and delivered perfectly by paytm for me in last 6 months..
Old 25th January 2016, 09:24   #8527
BHPian

Hi ghpk, As you can see in the above post, manas27487 has stated that he saw some 35k for iphone 6s. That's what I was enquiring about. So they sell only new products like amazon/flipkart? Good.
Old 25th January 2016, 09:27   #8528
Team-BHP Support

How often should one back up their iPhone? I got a message that the iPhone isn't backed up, so I did that. Took 15/20 mins.
Old 25th January 2016, 09:43   #8529
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Most premium phones don't have the FM radio - the iPhone and the Note series.
In primary markets for these phones (e.g. USA), people hardly use FM radio from phones - this may explain why such features are never built into them. Some manufacturers though add this feature for India specific versions of global phones
Old 25th January 2016, 10:50   #8530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
4G hardly worked twice or thrice on my 6S in the last one month. The response to my service ticket was installation of a new tower near the locations from where I raised the issue.
Yesterday I received a carrier settings update when I was syncing up with iTunes. Since then, 4G works without any issues at my workplace, home etc and switch over from 4G->3G has been quite seamless.

Last edited by ventoman : 25th January 2016 at 10:51.
Old 25th January 2016, 11:00   #8531
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How often should one back up their iPhone? I got a message that the iPhone isn't backed up, so I did that. Took 15/20 mins.
Depends on what data you've set to backup; I only have Calendar and Contacts backed up.

Further, there are two ways you can backup: via wifi to iCloud and to iTunes when the phone is connected to the computer.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:03   #8532
BHPian

I am now in process of upgrading from Iphone 4s 16 GB to Iphone 6s 64 GB ( black) . Got from amazon republic day sale for 55,700. I was waiting for Mi 5 but got frustrated due to long delays , More over would have been difficult to let go of IOS ( although MI UI is very close clone of IOS).

Kindly suggest good case and screen glass !!
How much should i expect for 4S 16 GB ever thing working i.e good condition.

I did not have much good experience with paytm , was provided with defective unit which were returned / refunded as Paytm wallet unlike amazon.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 25th January 2016 at 12:13.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:30   #8533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Kindly suggest good case and screen glass !! .

Case : depends on budget & preference pal. But I prefer 0.3 mm frosted or mist case which is translucent.

Screen glass: again same as for case but my suggestion - chevron .25 mm screen protector.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:53   #8534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I am now in process of upgrading from Iphone 4s 16 GB to Iphone 6s 64 GB ( black) .Kindly suggest good case and screen glass !!
How much should i expect for 4S 16 GB ever thing working i.e good condition.
I got my first pair of tempered glass from aliexpress. It is colored black for front and back. I then found it on eBay India and have ordered more from there for all the iPhones in our house. My daughters 5s got a blue color, again front and back, while my son got black and wife a transparent one. They are very good and reasonably priced on eBay. I got a rubber back case from Bangkok for my 6s at Rs 50 and though I have three other cases from the US and Aliexpress, this is the one I feel most comfortable with.
Old 25th January 2016, 13:27   #8535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I got my first pair of tempered glass from aliexpress. It is colored black for front and back. I then found it on eBay India and have ordered more from there for all the iPhones in our house. My daughters 5s got a blue color, again front and back, while my son got black and wife a transparent one. They are very good and reasonably priced on eBay. I got a rubber back case from Bangkok for my 6s at Rs 50 and though I have three other cases from the US and Aliexpress, this is the one I feel most comfortable with.
Can you give us the link for the tempered glass? Shopping around for one and need advice.

I also have a query, as soon as I lock my 6s, the wifi signal is gone and when I unlock it, it asks to turn on mobile data. Is this normal on the 6s? I've had plenty of Apple devices and none of them have had this problem (if it is one).

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks