Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:09   #14776
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Decided to do something drastic this time which is not to upgrade and wait for 15 (Provided Cook doesn't surprise me with some features and colors that will make me break my own promise).

14 Promax is gonna be 100 bucks more expensive at $1199.

Check the travelogues section for a photoblog that I shared which is all clicked from 12 Promax and 13 Promax.
Jokes aside, 11, 12 and 13 series (3 years) Apple have provided approximately the same notch and design. I feel it’s time for a slight design change with probably a pin hole camera cutout on the display amongst other upgrades as per rumours. I feel Tim Cook will make you break your promise

Thats the way the cookie crumbles with Cook and Apple, but you guys in the US must be having some carrier exchange offers where you don’t wind up paying the full price, isn’t it?

Will check out the photoblog for the 12 and 13 Pro Max pictures

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:41   #14777
BHPian

Quote:

Historically, they make very minor tweaks to the overall design and all apple haters will start posting memes saying 11 to 14 is all same. But, it's the software that is what they make so amazing and integration of features into ecosystem is what I love the most.

They don't report megapixels, where did you get the 48 number?
This time the minor tweak will be removal of notch with pill and punch hole.

Here's the link that has all rumors mentioned till date:

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-14-pro/

Going by your purchase pattern, I'm sure we'll have more pictures in travelogue section from your 14 Pro Max.

PS: I'm no way associated with this website and just following it from quite a while.
AbhishekNigam is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 22:17   #14778
BHPian

After years of resisting the urge to get onto the Apple bandwagon, finally entered the universe recently. Went the whole hog: iPhone 13, Airpods Pro and the Apple Watch 7. Have retained my loyal Android as a secondary phone though.

Loving the ease of use of Apple. Yet to figure out the hidden features, etc. Pleasantly surprised by the battery life of the iPhone 13 though, even with proper usage of calls, Whatsapp calls and intermittent social media usage, the battery lasts for almost an entire day. Impressed!
IamNikhil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 23:23   #14779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Jokes aside, 11, 12 and 13 series (3 years) Apple have provided approximately the same notch and design. I feel it’s time for a slight design change with probably a pin hole camera cutout on the display amongst other upgrades as per rumours. I feel Tim Cook will make you break your promise

Thats the way the cookie crumbles with Cook and Apple, but you guys in the US must be having some carrier exchange offers where you don’t wind up paying the full price, isn’t it?

Will check out the photoblog for the 12 and 13 Pro Max pictures

Cheers
Haha! If there is a change to the design for overall improvement in experience, then I might consider upgrading to the 14 Promax

Btw, one input. Microphone in 13promax is so amazing that even the slightest of breath is caught while recording a video. It's insane.

Please do check out my photoblog in travelogue section, I plan to keep sharing some photoblogs taken from my iPhones of beautiful locales here in Washington on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
This time the minor tweak will be removal of notch with pill and punch hole.

Here's the link that has all rumors mentioned till date:

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-14-pro/

Going by your purchase pattern, I'm sure we'll have more pictures in travelogue section from your 14 Pro Max.

PS: I'm no way associated with this website and just following it from quite a while.
Thanks. I understand Macrumors are exactly that. Rumors

Let's wait for the firm news on design change to come which is typically by August end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
After years of resisting the urge to get onto the Apple bandwagon, finally entered the universe recently. Went the whole hog: iPhone 13, Airpods Pro and the Apple Watch 7. Have retained my loyal Android as a secondary phone though.

Loving the ease of use of Apple. Yet to figure out the hidden features, etc. Pleasantly surprised by the battery life of the iPhone 13 though, even with proper usage of calls, Whatsapp calls and intermittent social media usage, the battery lasts for almost an entire day. Impressed!
Welcome onboard. Nice to know you plunged straight into the Apple ecosystem.

It's an expensive ecosystem but, you will enjoy the seamless integration, battery life, experience etc.

They are expensive but, last longer so if you like to keep your gadgets long-term it pays for itself.

I think of only one word when I think of Apple. It is "Silk" because everything looks, feels and works like silk.

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th July 2022 at 23:25.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:37   #14780
BHPian

Guys, is there any way to revive a dead iPhone 7? This is for a friend actually who is not on TBHP.

Apparently the phone went out of juice last night and as usual it was put for charging. In a few minutes the phone got extremely hot with not hint of charging (even the initial charging symbol didn't come). Worried, he disconnected the phone & tried to charge today morning and again same issue. No signs of charging at all. What could have gone wrong?

The phone is working on a replaced battery since Jan 2021 albeit not from an authorized Apple Care. However, the 3rd party workshop said that the battery is Original iPhone 7 (had paid ~ 1800 INR back then).

Right now, he has tried charging using the original iPhone charger brick and cord, yet there is no response. Even worse case, there is no data back up either on PC or on the iCloud.

Can someone please guide on this? And if there is no solution, what is the best and safest method to retrieve the data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Before, i look for other options, I would try charging with an alternate charger / cable.
Tried charging with other brick and cables too; nothing helps.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 28th July 2022 at 12:01.
Old 28th July 2022, 11:49   #14781
BHPian

Before, i look for other options, I would try charging with an alternate charger / cable.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 17:55   #14782
BHPian

Hello,
Has anyone bought unlocked (Connect to any carrier later) phone iPhone 13 or Pro in USA ? if yes please let me know whether it supports India Carrier ?
Old 4th August 2022, 18:04   #14783
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Hello,
Has anyone bought unlocked (Connect to any carrier later) phone iPhone 13 or Pro in USA ? if yes please let me know whether it supports India Carrier ?
Yes it should. My last two phones have worked in India flawlessly. The latest being 13pro which a friend got to me in March this year.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 18:13   #14784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes it should. My last two phones have worked in India flawlessly. The latest being 13pro which a friend got to me in March this year.
Great ! Thanks for info.
Old 4th August 2022, 20:17   #14785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Guys, is there any way to revive a dead iPhone 7? This is for a friend actually who is not on TBHP.

Can someone please guide on this? And if there is no solution, what is the best and safest method to retrieve the data?

Tried charging with other brick and cables too; nothing helps.
Charge the phone for half hour or more, and then, try turning it on by pressing the Volume up/down buttons and the power buttons together. If it powers on, you just need a few minutes to get the data.
Old 4th August 2022, 21:45   #14786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Charge the phone for half hour or more, and then, try turning it on by pressing the Volume up/down buttons and the power buttons together. If it powers on, you just need a few minutes to get the data.
Thanks for your response jkrishnakj. I performed the above mention steps but to no avail. Finally got the phone inspected over the weekend and the culprit was a blown up charging IC.

The data was very much important and since there was no other way to revive the phone, had to go ahead with the repairs of 3000 INR.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 13:44   #14787
BHPian

Quote:
Any news on iOS 16?

When will it be out and is there somewhere a summary of new features to expect from it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
iOS 16 would be available to public by mid September with the launch of 14 series.

Please refer to the link mentioned below for complete set of features:

https://www.apple.com/in/ios/ios-16-preview/features/

The public beta of iOS 16 is out already, and the second public beta came out last week. It's been pretty stable for me on my iPhone 11 though it's not recommended to be used on your primary phone. I'm running the public beta of the latest watchOS 9 as well, and that's running pretty smooth.

This year's beta has been amazingly stable, and I've not seen any productivity destroying bugs so far. It was not usually the case until last year.

The minor new UI changes are a nice refresh on my 3-year-old phone.

You can get them from here: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram

Last edited by di1in : 6th August 2022 at 13:45.
di1in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 15:37   #14788
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, my iPhone battery health is showing a 82%. Having to charge a little more frequently now.

What do you suggest ? Replace battery - or the phone itself ? Phone is a 2017 model - almost 5 years now. Usage is mostly calls, camera and navigation. A few quick checks via browser, or may be sending pics by mail.

Last edited by condor : 6th August 2022 at 15:38.
Old 6th August 2022, 16:47   #14789
Senior - BHPian

I’ve to change my phone in 2 weeks on account of a job change. Now, I’m thinking if it makes sense to wait for the 14 or just go ahead and take the 13 that’s retailing at a good price now (68xxx). Any views/thoughts?

One of my dear friends volunteered to pick one 13 from the US in his return, but I don’t see any price benefit.
Old 6th August 2022, 18:35   #14790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, my iPhone battery health is showing a 82%. Having to charge a little more frequently now.

What do you suggest ? Replace battery - or the phone itself ? Phone is a 2017 model - almost 5 years now. Usage is mostly calls, camera and navigation. A few quick checks via browser, or may be sending pics by mail.
Condor, forget battery percentages, period. Obviously the battery will have degraded in a 2017 phone, so charge it more often. If that’s becoming a pain, then change the battery if you don’t want to get a new phone. If you want a good excuse to replace the phone then you got the battery to justify it.

I would wait for the 14 which will be out in the next few months and replace it with the new model.

You pick your poison

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks